Tennessee guys

anvilrubi

I’m seriously thinking about packing up an heading to Tn permanently. Could any body give me some names to some good companies to work for around the tri city area. Would really like to live around shady, or Stoney creek area.
Have worked for lumber company’s on quality control. Extensive knowledge in agriculture. Run maintenance systems, knowledgeable in irrigation applications running farm equipment. Trackhoe, back hoe , offroad dumptruck. Probablly a long shot but have to start somewhere not opposed to the mtn city side either.

Not sure about work up that way but me and the wife have always said if for some reason we have to leave WNC that area is where we’re going. I lived on a dairy farm in Limestone TN back in 78-79 while my dad worked on building the hospital in Johnson City. Man I miss those days kicking around on the farm and helping the old man that owned the farm.

Not sure about work up that way but me and the wife have always said if for some reason we have to leave WNC that area is where we’re going. I lived on a dairy farm in Limestone TN back in 78-79 while my dad worked on building the hospital in Johnson City. Man I miss those days kicking around on the farm and helping the old man that owned the farm.
Nothing against nc but I’ve found that these parts of tn people live a lot slower like how people lived around where I am 50 years ago.

I don't know a whole lot about those areas, I am on the other side of Johnson City. The people that I know from those areas sure seem to like it though. Most of them work in the Bristol area.

Maybe it will ring some bells; sounds like you could fit in good with a Golf Course- Grounds manager, Turf Farm/Grower, Tree Farm, Plants/Flowers Supply. Things that fit your background!
I'm Sure there are More. It's just finding an Opening!

Greenville tn is pretty nice to my buddy lives there and drives to Weaverville to work everyday only about 45min drive so you could look around that area to

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I’m seriously thinking about packing up an heading to Tn permanently. Could any body give me some names to some good companies to work for around the tri city area. Would really like to live around shady, or Stoney creek area.
Have worked for lumber company’s on quality control. Extensive knowledge in agriculture. Run maintenance systems, knowledgeable in irrigation applications running farm equipment. Trackhoe, back hoe , offroad dumptruck. Probablly a long shot but have to start somewhere not opposed to the mtn city side either.
I grew up in Damascus/mtn city! callalantee was my backyard, shady is gorgeous but nothing really there for work that I'm aware of! Hell just come another hour up the rd to Blacksburg or Giles,Floyd tons of work up this way, Virginia tech will hire ya with agriculture background I actually have a connection at tech bc I pressure wash the stadium and can def get your name mentioned to ppl who make a damn at tech...Look into the area I live in Mccoy technically Blacksburg but I'm in the sticks and have a city 13 mins away! (A city to me anyway) Only downfall is hardcore 4x4 stuff is hours away! Harlans only 3 1/2...

Last edited:
Come work with me at Domtar. Paper mill in Kingsport or possible Eastman. They hire a shit ton of people.

Come work with me at Domtar. Paper mill in Kingsport or possible Eastman. They hire a shit ton of people.

My father in law has been at Domtar for almost 40 years. Well, it was been about a half dozen places over that time, but the same location. He has generally good things to say about it. I cant really believe that they haven't fired him yet with all the shit he has pulled, so it must be a pretty good place to work.

Greenville tn is pretty nice to my buddy lives there and drives to Weaverville to work everyday only about 45min drive so you could look around that area to

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I would kill myself w a rusty fork if I had to drive 70 back and forth everyday.:eek:

GreenEville is a pretty good place to live but its starting to dry up.I don't know about @anvilrubi 's kid situation but theres not much of a future here unless they want to work for Walmart dist,JD,Parker,DTR plastics,or wear an orange jumpsuit and pick up trash for the county.Property taxes are lo-ish,but we have a 10.75% sales tax and a $40 wheel tax added to our registration.We are facing a schooling crisis,3-4 county schools need to be closed due to up keep expenses and lo student #'s but nobody wants to pony up for new buildings.Its gonna happen at some point.

My daughter has worked at Eastman for 8 or 9 years. I think it is a great place to work. She does well as an engineer. Operators and maintanance have opportunity for lots of overtime. Right now might not be the best time to apply there because they had an incident recently that damaged some equipment. It reflects the strength of the company because they have the assests to rebuild and are not laying off employees but are keeping everyone working rebuilding. Their stock did not take a hit even though production will be off for a few months

Haven't spent much time in the Tri-Cities area, but Chattanooga is about as perfect a place as I've ever found. The closeness to damn near anything you could want to do is undeniable, in my book.

Super low cost of living, more than enough to do any day of the year, relatively great job market, affordable housing, great people, close to about anything, amazing food, etc. etc.

Haven't spent much time in the Tri-Cities area, but Chattanooga is about as perfect a place as I've ever found. The closeness to damn near anything you could want to do is undeniable, in my book.

Super low cost of living, more than enough to do any day of the year, relatively great job market, affordable housing, great people, close to about anything, amazing food, etc. etc.
Thanks I’ll look into that area, the main thing is to live in a very rural area.

What’s so special about eastern TN, as opposed to western NC? I live about 15 minutes from Tennessee and can’t tell the difference.

That’s going in the wrong direction. I hardly ever even go that way anymore.

What’s so special about eastern TN, as opposed to western NC? I live about 15 minutes from Tennessee and can’t tell the difference.

The only gripe I had with living in Jefferson was the state income tax. Oh, and having to drive 5 miles to West Jefferson to buy beer. But that was 10 years ago, so it might have changed by now. Of course, now I pay a higher sales tax. I generally liked the only year I spent living in NC.

Besides the no personal property tax,no .30 a gallon tax on gas/fuel,its more of a state of mind.Ive been to alot of different places but have only lived in TN so I might be partial,but to me east TN is hard to beat.

Besides the no personal property tax,no .30 a gallon tax on gas/fuel,its more of a state of mind.Ive been to alot of different places but have only lived in TN so I might be partial,but to me east TN is hard to beat.
Can't y'all buy real fireworks too? What about vehicle inspections?

Back