Tell me about your new 1-ton rigs

My buddy's uncle bought an '03 F250 (crew cab, short bed, auto, 4x4) with 5 miles on it. He lives in Hickory and has a house down here in New Bern, probably comes down every other weekend and more so during hunting and fishing seasons. He got rid of it almost 2 years ago with 315,000 on it. It burned the top of #3 piston, something happened with the FICM. I really should have bought it off of him and put a Cummins in it :D He only wanted 4,000 for it. Anyway, he didn't do a thing except change the oil, filters, and put tires on it. Never heard him say a word about trans services.... He may have though, but I'm not aware of it.

I was always pretty surprised with it. Up until now, it was the most miles I had ever heard/seen from a 6.0. It was usually hauling a trailer with a car on it or a 23' Hyrda Sport. Said he averaged 17 mpg.

Yep, I changed the Injector Control Module once also, but no piston problems. I am sure he serviced the tranny if he was faithful on the oil changes.

Probably....he's the director of public works for the city of Hickory. I'm pretty sure the guys at the dealerships took good care of him since he's kinda in charge of buying cars and trucks for the city :D

You scratch my back, we'll scratch yours...that sorta thing!

I know Chuck Hansen. I think that is who you are referring to? Tell him I said hello.

Hahaha! Small world, huh? He was just down two weekends ago.

Been a while since I have seen him but, I remember him talking about doing some fishing off the coast. Seems like he mentioned going to the coast as often as possible and had a boat or a place there.

You nailed it! He keeps his boat down here at his parents old house, which he now owns. He's all the time bringing people he knows down here to go fishing. That's where all of the miles on that 6.0 came from, 75% of them were pulling that boat to the water!

Back