Stroked '99 MJ Project

holy cow, that is faster than i could have ever imagined...i hope everything is ok with you and your family because it must be a dang good reason to make you sell this beauty so fast!

holy cow, that is faster than i could have ever imagined...i hope everything is ok with you and your family because it must be a dang good reason to make you sell this beauty so fast!

All is well with the family, thanks for asking. The build was really an awesome experience and I would love to keep it but at this point in my life I need to focus on other things, namely going back to Grad school.

Since the economy really sucks right now for selling toys I've decided to keep the truck and have fun with it. We took it to URE last weekend and I picked up the first dent coming up the ledge heading up to Kodak Rock. I shouldn't have been on the ledge with rock sliders but who can resist....what fun is that :bounce2:

I had a much needed day off work today so I starting working on the rockers. Since the I picked up the dent last weekend I decided to do something a little different with the rockers instead of the standard rock slider that mounts below the rocker panels. Let me know what you think.......

Scar....:shaking:
DSC00132.jpg

Scar removed....:bounce2:
DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

New rocker...2x4 3/16 wall angled and caped ends
DSC00136.jpg

Welded in place...
DSC00138.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

3 Outriggers added 2x2 3/16" wall. I had previously added 10g frame stiffeners to the MJ from the crossmember back to the rear leaf spring hangers in preparation for the sliders. The front outrigger is tied into the long arm mounts.
DSC00142.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

Finished product with fresh black paint (sorry for the crap pics it got dark on me).
DSC00150.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

Sweet. Props for having the balls to chop that up.

Congrats, glad you decided to keep it...even if it was because you just couldn't get rid of it! Sliders good!

ive never been a jeep fan, but you my friend made me cross the line. this is the sickest jeep ive seen. i take that back, thsi is the sickest truck i have ever seen period. i followed. glad you got to keep it. atleast you had a good excuse fro the ole lady to keep it. i could never wheel that thing

Back