Stroked '99 MJ Project

nah had to roll in the gas milage machine this go round...plus i want to tweak the cooling system on it before i put it through a long hot trip like that. It likes to hover around 220-230 for some reason these days.
how'd the stroker do on the trip down?

I hear ya on the gas mileage vehicle. I would have normally driven our Jetta but I need to rack up some miles on the MJ. So far my temps have stayed at 210 or lower. We drove it the 4 hrs from Charlotte to Carolina Beach at hwy speeds with the A/C on the whole way with no problems. I do have a 180* t-stat so I'm sure that helps. It did heat up to around 220* wheelin on the beach.

Dumb question, but which pushrods did you go with? Mine is very similar and will be done really soon, but pushrods are my hang up.
Thanks, and beautiful MJ man.

NOT a dumb question at all, I was torn up over which push rods to go with as well, but in the end I actually cleaned and reused the stock push rods from the '99 block. I had the machinst give me the go ahead as I was a little hesitant about using them. I've got a little over 650 miles on the engine and so far so good. :bounce2:

A few updated pics of the MJ. I changed the steering out to the Currie Correctlync steering, 10" Bilsteins up front and added a Lebarron hood vents. We drove the truck to the beach for vacation this week so it could get some off pavement time on the sand as well as put some miles on the engine. We took it on the beach at Ft. Fisher one day.

P1030389.jpg

Hood vents and our spot for the day.

P1030391.jpg

Not many people on the beach :popcorn:

P1030393.jpg

My wife goofing around with the camera

P1030396.jpg

P1030387.jpg

P1030426.jpg

P1030412.jpg

Why did you change the steering setup?

The ORO steering is really designed for a Jeep running less lift than I have. It's a solid set up, I just couldn't get the bumpsteer corrected on it without moving the trac bar over the axle. At this point I didn't want to bother with doing that.

Finally got around to finishing up the rear bumper over the weekend.

Primed and painted with Rustoleum rattle can bed liner.
P1030725.jpg

P1030727.jpg

Last step was to install a flip down license plate bracket so the hitch can still be utilized and a set of LED LightBoltz.

P1030730.jpg

P1030733.jpg

Final step will be to add a set of clear LED reverse lights and a set of d-rings.

That has to be the most BEAUTIFUL comanche I have every seen. Very nice

i must admit...well done! hands down the nicest mj i have ever seen! Congrats!

A few updated pics of the MJ. I changed the steering out to the Currie Correctlync steering, 10" Bilsteins up front and added a Lebarron hood vents. We drove the truck to the beach for vacation this week so it could get some off pavement time on the sand as well as put some miles on the engine. We took it on the beach at Ft. Fisher one day.
P1030389.jpg

Hood vents and our spot for the day.
P1030391.jpg

Not many people on the beach :popcorn:
P1030393.jpg

My wife goofing around with the camera
P1030396.jpg

P1030387.jpg

P1030426.jpg

P1030412.jpg

where is this!!!??? Nice spot!

What trim is that on the front fenders? I like how thinck and tough it looks. The advance auto crap i have been using gets torn up. Badass truck btw.

Back