Stretched CJ5

something like this...

mod5.jpg

Pink again???? :)

I thought you and John may like to see a pink rollcage. LOL

LOL, well now that you mention it... :)

I got some sheet metal from DH Griffin today...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_004F_23.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_003F_25.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_007F_22.jpg

I need to get a sheet metal hammer...
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_006F_23.jpg

Awwww, you guys have bonded....that is so cute. :flipoff2:

She's a roller...made some spring hangers and got the rear springs and axle bolted in. It's at about 104"wb...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_009F_25.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_010F_21.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_005F_26.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_008F_24.jpg

:D

cool...lookin like a cj6

Thanks! Next I need to make the side panels to fill in the wheelwell opening. I've got some beefy 1/8" sheet steel to make them! Should be pretty stout! :D

Thanks! Next I need to make the side panels to fill in the wheelwell opening. I've got some beefy 1/8" sheet steel to make them! Should be pretty stout! :D
I have a couple of wheel tubs from a '77 CJ-5 that you can have if you want to use them.

We stretched my friends in a similar way. He cut some rockers out of cj or maybe it was the rear section, i cant remember, but they had the same bends as the sides. Then plated with diamond plate steel.

Better outside pics...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_010F_22.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_017F_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_015F_3.jpg

Oh yeah for you cj guys it's got a tach and a clock! :D
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_014F_2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_011F_8.jpg

Attachments

• cj6 copy.jpg
    cj6 copy.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 887
Looks awesome man! I like the Superman floormat in the back, maybe instead of smelly CJ, it should be Super CJ, what do you think?

Started making some side panels out of some 1/8" sheet.

Made a template out of paper.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_004F_25.jpg

traced it onto the metal...Gotta love DHgriffen got this and a lot more metal for $10
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_007F_24.jpg

Then cut it out with a cut off wheel and a sawzawl. Just traced the lines with the cut off wheel on my grinder and then went back in to finish the cut with the sawzawl.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_008F_25.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_005F_27.jpg

The plate will go all the way to the door opening and then cover the big gap in the fender from the stretch. I am going to bolt the plates on through the roll bar bolts on the side and a few other bolts on the edges.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_009F_27.jpg

Now that looks cool as hell. My dad (Chip) got that for me graduateing high school long story short got married had kid and divorced is why it never got built. But it looks good so far glad it got to some one that will do something to it.

Now that looks cool as hell. My dad (Chip) got that for me graduateing high school long story short got married had kid and divorced is why it never got built. But it looks good so far glad it got to some one that will do something to it.

Thanks man, cool to meet the owner. Your dad loaded me up with parts for it! JC on the board here said you bought it from his neighbor's son and he did a SOA on it here in Greensboro. LOL

That's a cool project! Never heard of DH Griffin before. I see there's one in Charlotte. Do they sell recycled steel?

Thanks

Thanks man! Yes DH sells scrap steel but sometimes it's really good metal for 4x4 projects and cheap too.

Some progress on the new side panels. Bolted them into the roll bar bolts and added some more bolts down the front too.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_004F_26.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_001F_29.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v214_nhodierne_MVC_006F_27.jpg

Back