Stock market

Screenshot_2020-03-17-21-27-58.png

One of my best friends and old teammates works for Edward Jones. He handles my vast fortune for me (typing in sarcasm). He said last Wednesday was the 3rd busiest trade day in their history. They’ve been in business like 90 something years. Everything dropped to cheap and they were buying it up. When the media stops spreading panic it’s gonna come roaring back hard. So he says. I hope so. I need to be able to afford a serious hot rod as a retirement gift for myself.

I still think the bottom is around 14k (DOW). Six months to year from now, maybe, to get there. We'll see some stocks delisted, some companies vaporized (total loss). But, with 4 more years of Trump, we'll cross 30k (DOW) maybe 18-24 months from now, 40k in 36 months.

My guess is just about as accurate as any experts out there. Don't panic. Don't sell.

I haven't touched anything, buy or sell, yet.

I still think the bottom is around 14k (DOW). Six months to year from now, maybe, to get there. We'll see some stocks delisted, some companies vaporized (total loss). But, with 4 more years of Trump, we'll cross 30k (DOW) maybe 18-24 months from now, 40k in 36 months.

My guess is just about as accurate as any experts out there. Don't panic. Don't sell.

14k is pretty low. I guess it could happen.

History shows that the odds are against Trump getting reelected if we have a recession this year, which is almost a sure thing at this point.

14k is pretty low. I guess it could happen.

History shows that the odds are against Trump getting reelected if we have a recession this year, which is almost a sure thing at this point.

History never had Joe Biden as an opposing candidate.

Not that anyone can predict the market, but I was figuring to buy some more just before the US peaked. Once it starts to stabilize, the economy will start coming back.

The dow will be close to 14k way quicker than 6-12 months from now.

Think the end of next week

This is why I don't invest in my 401k much haha, I tell my guy at Edward Jones I can make more with $1k myself than it will make sitting in a 401k. I should put more in it though, just kind of sickening that it is lower than it was at this point 2 years ago, but I am not touching it, I don't have enough in it to REALLY matter anyways.

This is why I don't invest in my 401k much haha, I tell my guy at Edward Jones I can make more with $1k myself than it will make sitting in a 401k.
My gun/tractor/tool collection sure seems to grow in scope and value faster than my 401k. And it never seems to drop in value.

My gun/tractor/tool collection sure seems to grow in scope and value faster than my 401k. And it never seems to drop in value.
Translation:

"I know what I have so don't try to lowball me"

401k is long term. My retirement goal is like 2065 :D don’t have the time to be worried about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My goal was to open my private shop in 7 years at 45, then my son can have somewhere to work and possibly take over later on.

401k sucks but it will come back, I always put in 15% and company matched %5 full and fully vested from day 1. My private investments have really taken a hit, but I'm keeping them and buying a lot in travel. Once it clears and starts to normal out people will want to get out and travel will boom.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Its a good time to invest in Webex and similar telemarketing tools!

Looks like unemployment insurance claims are going to skyrocket when individual states are allowed to release the actual numbers.

Looks like they are being "instructed " to withhold the actual numbers for a while....

I am guessing the market is going to look like poop tomorrow.

I wonder how close to 15k the dow will get?

yep, another whack in the a.m.

probably down 8-10 pct for the day.

14k, I said. That's just over 50% off (or 40% of the true value at peak)

Interesting chart....we dropped in about 26 days what took 40 days in 1929...

2020_1929.png

I’m also willing to bet the climb back will be just as quick as it’s downfall. Lots of people, like us in this thread, that are seeing the opportunity this slide has given us. The silver lining in all of it is the position lots of us were in due to the great economy before which also will help rebound it quickly. That is, my opinion which has little weight behind it and also what I’m telling myself hahahahaha

Back