Stock market

A15AC38B-8015-4524-99A5-F03528BB6855.jpeg

Dow down another 2.5pct so far today.

I bet bottom will be around 22k. Supply chain problems are going to cripple our economy. Even worse if the coronavirus gets a foothold here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Circuit breakers triggered AGAIN this morning. DOW now below 22,000 just like you called.

Circuit breakers triggered AGAIN this morning. DOW now below 22,000 just like you called.
Curious how much of that is from Trump saying last night the Euro travel embargo was on people AND trade... before this morning his people coming back and saying "woah woah woah, no, not trade.... just certain people". Woops.

I’m hoping by mid April we can see a more consistent market. Luckily this is long term for me so while I’ve lost thousands, I have years to worry about it. With professional sports cancelling events and everything Trump said, I can’t see anything rebounding soon, although I’m kinda eager to put more in somewhere. With 1000 pt swings it’s tough to determine when to jump in. Anyone contributing more or is everyone in a holding pattern?

This better get fixed soon. Ugh!

on the bright side, it’s a good time to buy at a discount so when the market recovers, you can make a quick buck or two.

I am holding out a little longer before buying. We are not to bottom yet.

At least folks will be getting their fat IRS refund checks soon and heading to Walmart to buy TV's and stuff. Between that, and TP and hand sanitizer sales, should have good retail reports for the quarter.

I am holding out a little longer before buying. We are not to bottom yet.

At least folks will be getting their fat IRS refund checks soon and heading to Walmart to buy TV's and stuff. Between that, and TP and hand sanitizer sales, should have good retail reports for the quarter.

I had my financial advisor pull some money to buy a few big stocks once we see them at certain thresholds. As much as I hate Disney politics, they’re almost at their 10 yr low, $89. Them and at home things like Netflix, Amazon etc are all great buys even if you lose a little due to not hitting bottom. They will rebound big time. Disney Paris are set to reopen in Asia and Disney + is releasing in Europe soon.

I had my financial advisor pull some money to buy a few big stocks once we see them at certain thresholds. As much as I hate Disney politics, they’re almost at their 10 yr low, $89. Them and at home things like Netflix, Amazon etc are all great buys even if you lose a little due to not hitting bottom. They will rebound big time. Disney Paris are set to reopen in Asia and Disney + is releasing in Europe soon.

Longtime Disney investor and agree with everything you said but can you explain the 10yr low price comment? In March 2010 they were ~$34 a share. Asking to learn, not to question. I have some cash on the sidelines and thinking about my next move

This better get fixed soon. Ugh!

on the bright side, it’s a good time to buy at a discount so when the market recovers, you can make a quick buck or two.
yeah, but today... or next week?

Duke energy stock was over $100 last week and today it closed at $80.49. Yesterday it was $91. That’s a big drop in one day. It hasn’t been in the $70 range in about 3 years.

next week will be the time to make a move I think.

I revise my bottom estimate....I think we will blow past my 18k....

14k anyone?

Think we will ever see GE delisted?

Duke energy stock was over $100 last week and today it closed at $80.49. Yesterday it was $91. That’s a big drop in one day. It hasn’t been in the $70 range in about 3 years.

next week will be the time to make a move I think.

Eagerly watching, but there are still mutterings of not knowing where the bottom is. Gut feeling is it will coincide with "the pandemic is slowing/under control" announcements as they begin to roll out.

Eagerly watching, but there are still mutterings of not knowing where the bottom is. Gut feeling is it will coincide with "the pandemic is slowing/under control" announcements as they begin to roll out.

That's what I'm waiting for...I'm stopping short of selling blood and semen to maximize buying power in 2-4 weeks.

I’ve seen enough movies to know that this is how it works. :D

JETS.jpg

Longtime Disney investor and agree with everything you said but can you explain the 10yr low price comment? In March 2010 they were ~$34 a share. Asking to learn, not to question. I have some cash on the sidelines and thinking about my next move

My apologies, 5 yr low!

I bought some Amazon yesterday as well. I realize this may not be the best time to get in but I’m on a long term track, so even if it dips a little now, which it’ll be very hard to predict when to buy, I’ll be happy I bought in 3-5 years.

Anything online or streaming service or big ticket stocks, can be bought cheap. I didn’t dump everything I have I just grabbed a few shares while I felt opportunity is there.

While people in this thread bring up Disney...just minutes ago they announced they are halting production on all live action films. Expect another dip.

I’m more concerned about the effects from the lack of NCAA tournaments and sporting events for marketing fees they get for commercials, since they own ESPN and several channels associated. That’s hundreds of millions. I haven’t bought Disney yet, but I’m watching closely. I am not sure if they lose those advertising fees or not or how that will effect them.

Back