so what's on the grill tonight?

propane or charcoal

• propane

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • charcoal/ lump wood

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
More deer tenderloins from a deer I butchered for my dad. Hung up for 2 days in the hide. I peeled and washed them, peeling them is important w all game to get the slime off and some of the strong, gamey taste. Marinaded 24hrs. in 1/3 cup soy sauce, a good shot of Knob Creek 100, evoo, cracked pepper, onion/garlic powder and rosemary. Grilled on the webber med/hot w the lid on and turned basted w the marinade 4 times in 20 mins. to med/rare

1123162017.jpg

50 chicken halves
4 Boston Butts
4 big cans of beans
7 heads of cabbage
IMG_6599.JPG
IMG_6594.JPG

Got it on at 8:30 and pulled it at 12:30. Kept 225 the whole time. Pulled at internal temp of 121, should climb to a deliciousness while it rests.

View attachment 232011

Three slices and all the leftovers headed to local FD for tomorrow . Meat was so good there was no time for a photo. I've never cooked something so delicious in my life.

6 slabs of ribs for the in-laws today. Did a Memphis dry rub on half of them. 2 hours on the smoker, then 2 hours in foil with Apple juice, and then a half hour no foil. Temp around 230 the whole time with charcoal and hickory. We're stuffed!
IMG_20161126_183115854.jpg
IMG_20161126_165231157.jpg

IMG_1522.JPG
Couple ribeyes and a pork chop covered in longhorns signature steak seasoning thanks to an inside source at longhorn in garner

Broccoli, hotdogs, and a rack of ribs but no photo evidence.

Got to cleaning the kitchen and thinking about breakfast...

Bacon explosion on the egg with two kinds of sausage and some thick cut bacon, topped it off with a little homemade BBQ sauce.

20161210_192617.jpg

IMG_4477.JPG

Bacon wrapped (thick cut hardwood smoked) filet grilled over charcoal with charcoal grilled shrimp from Argentina and a baked potato. There was a salad for some greens but who wants a pic of that...

I might knock some of the ash of the grates just for taste infiltration but do NOT clean the kettle.
The more seasoned the better

10lb prime rib that was rubbed down yesterday. Got a little pecan smoke rolling.View attachment 232000 View attachment 232001

Nice. You like the pecan smoke? I did it earlier this year and quickly tossed the food and the chips after. For us it was overpowering and IMO ruined the flavor of the meat. I love smoking with different woods but pecan is just one that the first time was the last. :(

I'm glad someone else likes it as we as a family didn't.

I smoked about a 6lb prime rib last night on our electric grill with mesquite and apple blended. I like stronger woods for a PR, personally.

That said mine only came out ok as apparently the battery died in my remote temp probe and I ended up at an internal of almost 140 before I got it off....

Back