So what did you do at work today?

Mostly finished a transmission swap. Fixed a sunroof that had adhesive residue hanging the rubber seal up. "Fixed" a check engine light (straight piped, no cat or muffler.. SMH) investigating a bank 1/2 lean on 08 Lincoln mkx, and need to put together a motor for wifey's zj that has a knocking rod. Tomorrow/today diagnose/pull a Cummins with dead cylinder from a f700, and finish a xj (axle seal, wipers & windows not working)..
Sounds like your spending too much time on NC 4x4, & not getting enough work done.:lol:

15766493883071522002849.jpg 1576649435024-559953780.jpg Hung a garage door at a garage door manufacturing facility.....go figure!

Last edited:
Yesterday I hauled this beautiful, freshly restored 50 something (serial number was long gone) Fordson Dexta.

79769473_588046561955905_7461275765670150144_n.jpg
79442557_1267818570272614_8599139806426955776_n (1).jpg
80896316_513228719281763_5063516655275999232_n - Copy.jpg
79485171_566298443934960_8191703201385283584_n - Copy.jpg

Then I went and picked up this.
78534677_826563794438941_1434930710824615936_n.jpg
(And the plumber dropped off a load of water heaters while we were gone)
This morning we delivered it and set it up.
79502908_10158304977794739_6970330230296674304_o.jpg
I have to slice up some cars and load up the water heaters later - maybe.

Heading back home tomorrow from being up in Norfolk for a week. We rode up to assess and repair a Navy MH53's tail fold bulkheads.

Definitely ready to get back home, but it's fixed and ready to fly again.

Last edited:
Heading back home tomorrow from being up in Norfolk for a week. We rode up to assess and repair a Navy MH53's tail fold bulkheads.

I’ve never ridden in any other aircraft that dripped as much fluid as those. Maybe it was that particular one, but my whole team was covered. My helmet, glasses, gloves. There was hydraulic fluid everywhere. The damn floor was so slick you couldn’t walk on it. No kidding, we were listed so far to the left some of us were looking at the ocean, the rest at heaven. Like you would be when making a hard turn but we were still flying straight. One of the crew chiefs bent down and gave some handle several pumps on the starboard side and we straitened back out. All this while over the ocean might I add. It was an older aircraft, but damn.

I’ve never ridden in any other aircraft that dripped as much fluid as those. Maybe it was that particular one, but my whole team was covered. My helmet, glasses, gloves. There was hydraulic fluid everywhere. The damn floor was so slick you couldn’t walk on it. No kidding, we were listed so far to the left some of us were looking at the ocean, the rest at heaven. Like you would be when making a hard turn but we were still flying straight. One of the crew chiefs bent down and gave some handle several pumps on the starboard side and we straitened back out. All this while over the ocean might I add. It was an older aircraft, but damn.

They always say, "If it's not leaking, it's empty". I always thought it was a joke, but it's not. They look weird when they're fresh out of depot and they're all clean with new paint.

Sounds about right, when you worry is if it’s not leaking because that bitch be empty.

They always say, "If it's not leaking, it's empty". I always thought it was a joke, but it's not. They look weird when they're fresh out of depot and they're all clean with new paint.
Sounds like what an old timer told me about a ford 2.9 v6. "If it ain't leaking oil, you better put some in it."

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Beat me to it! My first couple times in a CH53, I was afraid we were going to fall out of the sky with the shower of hydraulic fluid coming down...Then that's when the crew chief told me "it's when they stop leaking is when we should worry!" :lol:

What did I do at work today...well, building prototypes to be unveiled at SHOT 2020. That, and putting together parts for another tool to do some work with. :sniper: 7.62 AR, anyone? :smokin:

I hate pretty much everything Virginia but Norfuck holds a special hate in my heart.
The ole stompin' grounds (more broadly...Tidewater). Grew up in Chesapeake...5 minutes from Va Beach and Norfolk.

Hope you got it right. Those things go over the house all the time. Can't have parts crashing in my scrap pile...Wait.

Yesterday I hauled this beautiful, freshly restored 50 something (serial number was long gone) Fordson Dexta.

View attachment 308500
View attachment 308501
View attachment 308502
View attachment 308503

Then I went and picked up this.
View attachment 308504
(And the plumber dropped off a load of water heaters while we were gone)
This morning we delivered it and set it up.
View attachment 308505
I have to slice up some cars and load up the water heaters later - maybe.

Glad to see Uncle Willie's transport is back in business! Last time I "used this service" the blue ox was still in commission! Uncle Willie is a #1 shipper with even better story telling abilities!

Hope you got it right. Those things go over the house all the time. Can't have parts crashing in my scrap pile...Wait.

It's good. If the alignment is wrong, the tail rotor disconnect doesn't line up, then the tail rotor loses power, and people die pretty abruptly. So, no mistakes on my watch.

I don't worry about the helos...just V22s. I don't really ever want to fly in one of those raggedy things.

Back