Should I got to 35" or stay at 33"?

Which setup?

• Total voters
I bought those as well and never used them. I couldn't really figure out how the calipers were supposed to be mounted after adding the knuckle flange (the spacer you are talking about).

You can shave 1/4" off the end of the shafts and get the same effect. Let me know if you figure out how to space the caliper correctly.

Will do. I didn't want to shave the shafts. Running chromos and figured that'd void my warranty. I'm sure I'll run into plenty of things as I do the swap. Might do a build thread on it. What ball joints did you use? I'm going with WJ joints from Raybestos. These are the HD ones that do not move. Plan to race next season with the XJ on 38s so trying to beef the D30 as much as possible until I can locate a D60 to shorten.

Truss that joker. All the JeepSpeed guys I have talked with run the D30, but they all have trusses. I have the new Iron Rock D30 truss on the way. I think the ball joints are stock wj and xj ones. I used el' cheapo ball joints.

Yep, will be trussing it as well as re-bracing/strengthening the Cs and coil buckets. Last race at DPG wreaked havoc on the ball joints.

Iron Rock D30 Truss - comes with C gussets and coil perches. Go all the way to the checkout page, then close the window, they will give you a discount and free shipping. You will also want to box in the lower control arm mounts.

I'm in Charlotte so you're welcome to come check out the truss when I get it. Also, I have a buddy that has a complete WJ swap kit for sale if you haven't bought one, or know anyone that does want one.

Nice truss kit! I may look into that option instead of fabbing one. My LCA brackets are MudPro, but will need to do some boxing on them as I've already bent them a bit.

The best part of this thread? Loki puts up a poll and goes with an option not even up there :D

You are going to love the Racelines! I run mine with 18psi for Northlake, but only 12psi at Birkdale. I go with 20psi for Southpark because I find the taller look gets more attention.

Let me know when you want to run Concord Mills. I'll probably trailer out to that one.

:flipoff2:

But seriously, the XJ is turning into a beast. Do you have any type of belly skid?

JCR Tcase skid is mounted. JCR gas tank skid is in the garage waiting for spring. Looking at getting a tranny skid.

Ya, I did go with an option not listed. I made a mistake about 35x16. They don't make those. 315x16 is an option, but I decided to go with 35x17 in the hopes that 17's are easier to resell when needed.

One day I hope to have as many man-fans as others on here.

You are going to love the Racelines! I run mine with 18psi for Northlake, but only 12psi at Birkdale. I go with 20psi for Southpark because I find the taller look gets more attention.
Let me know when you want to run Concord Mills. I'll probably trailer out to that one.
:flipoff2:
This might be the best post ever!

Iron Rock D30 Truss - comes with C gussets and coil perches. Go all the way to the checkout page, then close the window, they will give you a discount and free shipping. You will also want to box in the lower control arm mounts.
I'm in Charlotte so you're welcome to come check out the truss when I get it. Also, I have a buddy that has a complete WJ swap kit for sale if you haven't bought one, or know anyone that does want one.

What's the point in putting so much money and effort into a dana 30?

The JeepSpeed guys all recommended staying with the D30. It's a very popular axle with that crowd for a couple reasons. Price and weight are two reasons, plus why not? D30 is the only stock axle to come on the XJ. WJ knuckles for $400 + $400 for truss + labor and you have a fairly light weight axle with over the knuckle, high steer, and big disc brakes. My theory is that the JeepSpeed guys have been there, done that, and probably know what they are talking about.

Plus I like to argue, so it's a good argument starter.

just go rockwells! ya hit a rock with a D30 you bust up your cover and have a bad day.....ya hit a rock with a rockwell and say bye bye rock!

just go rockwells! ya hit a rock with a D30 you bust up your cover and have a bad day.....ya hit a rock with a rockwell and say bye bye rock!

I guess you missed the post I made about how the JeepSpeed guys all recommended I truss the D30. In addition, there is a lot involved to put a rockwell under an XJ. Hit a rock with a rockwell in an XJ without spending three times the cost of a D30 truss to mount the rockwell and say goodbye to your unibody.

I have a 1/4" Riddler diff. I doubt a rock would damage it.

The JeepSpeed guys all recommended staying with the D30. It's a very popular axle with that crowd for a couple reasons. Price and weight are two reasons, plus why not? D30 is the only stock axle to come on the XJ. WJ knuckles for $400 + $400 for truss + labor and you have a fairly light weight axle with over the knuckle, high steer, and big disc brakes. My theory is that the JeepSpeed guys have been there, done that, and probably know what they are talking about.

Plus I like to argue, so it's a good argument starter.

Guys posting in the jeepspeed forum on naxja aren't exactly the pinnacle of knowledge on what should be used here on the east coast for wheeling. I'm not saying that the 30 isn't a decent choice for 33's after a good bit of money has been thrown at it, and if ecors is all you're doing with the jeep then keep up with the unit bearings/balljoints and have at it. That being said, shaffer ran a 9" front, scott watkins runs a 44, the filars run a 44, stobaugh a 44 and so on. Bending the housing is the least of your worries anyway. :flipoff2:
That truss is pretty cool though.

Anyway, my point is it would suck to sink all of that money into an axle and wheels and then want to upgrade. Argue away :flipoff2:

i havent seen this thread but i am a vendor and i sell racelines and u may have tired to contact me but i dont think i have had any interest in any lately. anyways call me if u dont already have some.

i havent seen this thread but i am a vendor and i sell racelines and u may have tired to contact me but i dont think i have had any interest in any lately. anyways call me if u dont already have some.

I hate to say it, but I called twice and spoke to someone both times. I was told that they would have to call me back. After not hearing back the second time I gave up.

I haven't ordered yet, but plan to after xmas. PM a quote for 5 Raceline Monsters 17x9.5 5on4.5. I can pick them up.

if it was within the last month u probally talked to my pops (free help).. ive been working in the shop for the last month trying to help my installers get all the christmas lift kits put on. anyways probally slow down a little now ill try to get that price to you in monday. thanks for being patitent

Back