Should I got to 35" or stay at 33"?

Which setup?

• Total voters

loki_racer

I'm going to be replacing the wheels and tires on my XJ. I have to move to at least 16" rims because of the WJ knuckles.

Should I stay with 33" or move to 35". The price is basically the same. I'm going with KMC Enduro Black alloy rims. The 35's would be on 16" rims and the 33's would be on 17" rims (33's don't come in 16").

Going with General Grabber Red Letters. Don't let ECORS racing be a factor. If I end up with 35's I will just go open open, or move to Class B. Don't let axles be a factor. If I break my D30 or D35, I will just go to something bigger. Breaking isn't an issue until it happens, then I will upgrade.

Ya, I'm prepared to take the suck associated with not regearing. My hope is to find a 8.25 29 spline very quickly and regear it.

It is my daily driver, but I put roughly 2000 miles on all my vehicles total last year. I don't drive very much.

Basically you've said any possible issues, aren't a concern for you...
So the only thing you left out was looks...

The 35s will look better parked at the mall :flipoff2:

bigger is better that is all

I have 5 36 Iroks on 17" wheels that IMO would be pretty cool for ya...3 races and 2 trips on them. One wheel/tire is new.

If I had to vote otherwise, Id say 35's.

since suckage, breakage and price arent an issue for you, you might as well go ahead and get 35s. you dont wanna buy 33s and 2 months later upgrade your axles and wish you'd bought 35s. do it right the first time cause youll never get your money back from the 33s even if like new if you decide you wanted 35s after all.

Pulled the trigger. Will at 4WheelParts Charlotte ordered me 5 35x17 General Grabbers. I can't get any of the NC4x4 vendors to call me back about Raceline Monster 17x9.5 5on4x5, so I guess I'm order those from 4x4GroupBuy.com. If you're a vendor that sells Raceline and want to sell some rims, PM me before Friday.

Back