Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Left out one from the front.
IMG_20160220_134051012.jpg

The last of what is needed to install the new engine and fire it up arrived today!
PTC made a converter to my truck's exact specs. I sent my injectors out to Race City Injector in Mooresville to have them flow matched and cleaned
This weekend I really hope to have the new engine between the frame rails.
IMG_20160301_120742308.jpg
4032.jpeg

Looks good. What transmission you run behind the 5.0?

Why you guys always posting shit and making me dream about making my pile of parts better when I got alimony and kids to support.......

Well??? Windrock soon son what's the word on the ford?

Ran into some pretty major tuning issues that should be solved this weekend. If I was more 'puter literate, I'd screenshot my order that is on it's way from Amazon that ought to clear it up.
It should drive outside this Saturday with answered prayers, good vibes and unicorn farts.

Gotta love quality aftermarket parts! Costs everyone time and money!

From your timeline, it sounds like we may see it at the flats in May?

Gotta love quality aftermarket parts! Costs everyone time and money!

From your timeline, it sounds like we may see it at the flats in May?

Brand new $$$ Pro M meter no good out of the box. Then a brand hammer new OEM dizzy wouldn't let it rev...You know how it goes!

Yes, I plan to do the first test run at the open ride in May.

Last edited:
Brand new $$$ Pro M meter no good out of the box. Then a brand hammer new OEM dizzy would let it rev...You know how it goes!

Yes, I plan to do the first test run at the open ride in May.
I'm looking forward to seeing it at the Flats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Done. Done. Done!
After a bout with multiple bad out of the box TFI modules (that I am now a guru of diagnosing :cool:) she runs and runs very well!
I buttoned up the suspension, did some engine tuning and drove it around the business park last weekend and everything seems to be in order.
Yesterday I loaded up and took it to Custom Exhaust and Brakes here in Asheville for some sound therapy. 4 hours later the drivers down pipe will no longer boink the driveshaft and the new muffler choice let's the ol SBF sing a little :D.
I'll test it out at The Flats next weekend in preparation of wheeling 3 of the next 4 weekends!
On to the pics.
IMG_20160505_084122067_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160504_185257103.jpg
IMG_20160505_084141082_HDR.jpg

Glad to see you got it figured out! If it makes you feel any better, we have been fighting the same crap with garbage parts straight out of the box. Looking forward to see how it does with the new additions!

That is a good link. I used to have to worry about that when I ran the ford motor in my ranger. I don't have that problem anymore with the chevy TBI... :lol: Just can't trust that shifty TFI.

Back