Random pic thread.

20191105_174932.jpg

Need more details on that build. It’s awesome!

F04F51E8-4C53-4E1D-A933-98D8B91E1207.png

There is just all kinds of trick and detail stuff on it besides what’s on the board.

Since it’s rear engine, the rear axle is a flipped 14b. To keep it oiled and cool there’s a pinion driven oil pump (old nascar trick). There’s actually a ton of old Nascar surplus stuff on it. Bling 12pt hardware, hoses, connectors etc. all the nickel and dime stuff that just adds up like crazy if bought new. IFS is running the hummer portals but also stock hummer half shafts for now. Then the dash is just Holley’s new 12” digital dash that runs off their ECU. The whole thing is controlled by an iPad mounted in the console. Type in your code, Bluetooth connects, hit go, raise hell. SteelIt coating everywhere, all kinds of detail stuff cerakoted. It’s a real badass machine.

From assembled to
IMG_20191104_221350806.jpg

And
IMG_20191104_221403091_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

To
IMG_20191106_013819155.jpg

Just wheels left to install. Maybe bleed brakes. 36 hours on the lift (not all working hours) is too much for my taste, though some have sat on the lift for two weeks (!) While waiting for parts to come in.. And though I've got a 3 Bay shop, it's effectively only a 2 Bay due to the blue Chevy occupying one. Been known to work on 6 at one time, one outside each bay and one in each bay (before ol blue moved in)

1106191204.jpg

Not exactly @a_kelley rated but this 3.5 Pacifica is a straight pain in the butt to work on.

leaky valve covers? I don't think I've ever had to do much on one those motors.. fairly trouble free.
Sheared dowel pins on rocker shafts...

Edit. Its also gonna get a timing/ water pump and some plugs...hopefully last another 200k. But not for us anymore.

Anyone know what brand of wheels those are on the Trophy T? It's not like I have anything to put beadlocks on, but want to see if they have some non-beadlock versions of something similar.

Somebody sent this to me via US mail. Got it today. They didn’t have the testicular fortitude to even put a return address or name on it, much less talk to me about it. I’m certain of who it is. Our property lines share maybe 20 feet. He is a retired university professor and just as cocky as you’d expect a retired professor to be. Our lab does bark a lot, but he is mostly inside, and never outside at night.

69416900-8F8A-4DE9-A232-2852ADF9E4C9.jpeg

So I’m considering mailing him a picture of some ear plugs.

Attachments

• 049BCF37-19B9-4734-A479-B766FC5E8139.jpeg
    049BCF37-19B9-4734-A479-B766FC5E8139.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 144
Somebody sent this to me via US mail. Got it today. They didn’t have the testicular fortitude to even put a return address or name on it, much less talk to me about it. I’m certain of who it is. Our property lines share maybe 20 feet. He is a retired university professor and just as cocky as you’d expect a retired professor to be. Our lab does bark a lot, but he is mostly inside, and never outside at night.

View attachment 305972

That's pretty funny to be honest.

View attachment 305972

I’d send him a case of ear plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back