Random pic thread.

1B4E88E1-4907-4CE1-B44E-279D30064821.jpeg

Pretty sure the heater core is clogged in my '14 TDI Jetta. I saw a video that some Jetta's are accessible from the driver foot well with the removal of one interior panel. If that's true why the hell can't they all be that easy.....

Pretty sure the heater core is clogged in my '14 TDI Jetta. I saw a video that some Jetta's are accessible from the driver foot well with the removal of one interior panel. If that's true why the hell can't they all be that easy.....

That's pretty common for cars. The not-easy part in many of them is getting access to the core itself with all the duct box and blower stuff in the way. It's more just removal and disassembling of a sub-assembly, but at least the dash usually doesn't need to come out. Sometimes part of the upper console comes out to disconnect harnesses or blend door actuator linkages.

That's pretty common for cars. The not-easy part in many of them is getting access to the core itself with all the duct box and blower stuff in the way. It's more just removal and disassembling of a sub-assembly, but at least the dash usually doesn't need to come out. Sometimes part of the upper console comes out to disconnect harnesses or blend door actuator linkages.
I can think of more vehicles that the dash requires removal to access the core than vehicles with doors for access.. interestingly, explorer sport Trac has access panels underneath, while regular explorer does not. And yeah, I do show pictures of how the heater core or fwd motor/trans swaps are done.

I can think of more vehicles that the dash requires removal to access the core than vehicles with doors for access.. interestingly, explorer sport Trac has access panels underneath, while regular explorer does not. And yeah, I do show pictures of how the heater core or fwd motor/trans swaps are done.

My PT Loser popped the timing belt. Wanna ride over and knock it out? Free beer :beer:

It occurred to me that I've usually replaced the cores during engine swaps, where the dash was already mostly out for other reasons. I think that's why I don't remember it being that hard, or the dash might have been easy to take out. I do remember a Sierra with the dash already pulled most of the way.
I looked up Honda stuff. Yep. Then Subaru stuff. Yep. Then Nissan stuff. Yep. Then...
All have to have dashes come out. No clue what I'm thinking of, probably something having to do with dead/noisy/clogged blower motors (I've done a lot of those for my cars and friends cars).

sorry for your lost pup. I still miss mine and he's been gone a year. Wife wants me to get another pup, I'm not sure. I do know won't another pup replace him, and that's for certain.
Get one. The next will never be like the last. Each and every one has a personality.

Back