Random pic thread.

Or get out the box fan and place it right in front of the nest.

Tub of water with a little oil in it, stick a shovel in the ground beside it, hang a light bulb on the end of the shovel handle. Let it go one night. They will be attracted to the light, buzz around it and eventually fall in the oily water becoming trapped. Works like a charm.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ive been seeing these around our porch lights when I leave for work before sunrise. Finally looked them up. European Hornets. These things are huge, at least an inch long. Now I need to find the nest.

View attachment 299213

.......those are babies, grown they'r twice that size and more. I was stung by one (grown) in the palm of my hand many years ago. They have hooks on there legs and stick to you like glue, the stinger is about 1/2" long and rips out of their body when you scrape them off you. The poison sack keeps pumping poison into the flesh until you scrape the stinger off/out.Searing pain like a burning electric shock and much swelling.My fingers and thumb looked like sausages, so swollen they were shiny! My hand looked like a clowns glove in 15 mins. Took 3 days for the intense pain and swelling to subside and 6 months for the wound to heal. A dime sized spot of my skin and flesh turned black and rotted out a crater about 1/2" deep. I've said it before and again, I would rather dance naked on a yealerjaket nest than be stung by one of those mofos again, if I had a choice.

They literally run me out of my shop some nights. My trusses are only 8' so my lights are low. They fly around buzzing them and I run in the house like a little girl.

Ive been seeing these around our porch lights when I leave for work before sunrise. Finally looked them up. European Hornets. These things are huge, at least an inch long. Now I need to find the nest.

View attachment 299213
Had a nest of those in an out building a few years back, underneath a box inside it. Was about 6 inches in diameter. When I would be getting ready for work in the mornings, it sounded like somebody throwing rocks at my window. I think I ended up killing them with just regular bee spray, and lots of it.

They literally run me out of my shop some nights. My trusses are only 8' so my lights are low. They fly around buzzing them and I run in the house like a little girl.
Wanna see something crazy? Cut the lights off. They go straight to the floor. Then cut em back on, you've got about 5-15 seconds before they prepare for launch and fly up again. I killed quite a few this way before I discovered they had built a nest IN THE WALL OF MY SHOP!

View attachment 299213

Those things hurt like hell when you hit em on a dirt bike wide open and shirtless!

I done told y'all to quit stealing my safety glasses.
0725190952_HDR.jpg

I done told y'all to quit stealing my safety glasses.
View attachment 299221

Surprised people steal those with the pink on them. That seems to be the best repellent for tool theft, which is why I used to get pink things for work. Having your masculinity threatened by a color is a really hard concept for me to understand, but that's how a lot of people operate apparently.

Surprised people steal those with the pink on them. That seems to be the best repellent for tool theft, which is why I used to get pink things for work. Having your masculinity threatened by a color is a really hard concept for me to understand, but that's how a lot of people operate apparently.
These come in clear. I take spray paint and color mine all sorts of outrageous colors so nobody will steal them.
Same thing with tape measures. I'll walk in tractor supply and buy a whole box of the pink camo, metallic purple, etc. Lufkin 25s and hand them out just so they leave mine alone. :D

View attachment 299213

I knock them out of the air with the foaming wasp and hornet spray and then stomp on them. The first time I saw one, I pinned it to cardboard to show @shawn and it was still not dead ~5 hours later.

So to summarize.
You ride a mechanical self propelled transportation device not for transportation but for health and to force your body to do work and improve your health.
So these expensive ass wheels make it easier on your body to propel this self propelled device you ride to make your body work hard.

Even more, people bolt said bikes to vehicles , drive them across town. Only to ride them. Folks drive a few blocks away to go walk. Or pay money to a gym, so they can walk stationary and look out the window at the parking. I don’t get this #fitnisslife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love transverse engines. That's a kick in the balls, to have to drop the engine subframe to replace a tensioner. Is it a timing chain probably?
yes chain tensioner. No, I preferred dropping it out. Unfettered access. No impingement what so ever. Doesn't take long to drop out like that, since that's how they are assembled.

you have anything to do with that early cj5?
The owner of it says it's a 64 or 65. He brought us a few parts to powder coat and was so pleased, he brought us everything he could possibly unbolt.

Back