Random pic thread.

You should see how much high-end road bike wheels cost. I've bought new cars for less than some of those wheelsets.
Nah, I’m good. I don’t hate on em at all cause there are plenty of people who probably say “you spent how much for something you go beat on in the mud, Woods, rocks?!!” But at the same time it does make me wonder if a $1700 dollar pair of rims is really any better than a $1200 pair or etc..... Something I’ll never have to find out though haha

8B583468-A23A-455B-A5BF-102E607695A2.png

Lighter, stronger, less flex, more direct drive when pedaling and much more efficient hubs. They allow you to climb better and will last a long time.

So to summarize.
You ride a mechanical self propelled transportation device not for transportation but for health and to force your body to do work and improve your health.
So these expensive ass wheels make it easier on your body to propel this self propelled device you ride to make your body work hard.

So to summarize.
You ride a mechanical self propeled transportation device not for transportation but for health and to force your body to do work and improve your health.
So these expensive ass wheels make it easier on your body to propel this solf propelled devie you ride to make your body work hard.

Plus, they look cool.
Which is really the most important part!

So to summarize.
You ride a mechanical self propeled transportation device not for transportation but for health and to force your body to do work and improve your health.
So these expensive ass wheels make it easier on your body to propel this solf propelled devie you ride to make your body work hard.
That makes so much sense, I may have to sell my Bike and go buy a Huffy.

That makes so much sense, I may have to sell my Bike and go buy a Huffy.
I finally bought an "expensive" used bike....the grin factor is I guess like owning a certain Ranger that get new shoes and hammered like 10 penny nail on occasion.

This compared to out dated under powered 4wd hardware I've used makes me drool.

I ride more because it doesn't do all the body and sensory abusing chatter, clanking, banging, and general pinballing down the trail.

1563924709398-1458024195.jpg
The pink and purple from the previous owner doesn't even bother me. It's that much better then a 20 year old Trek hardtail.

Which also makes me think.....damn hardscrabble racing would have been totally different on a XC KTM then a XR400.....

Last edited:
While disassembling my cell yesterday to add a return line fitting to the bulkhead, I noticed the inside of the TANK was bare steel, no paint
Sure enough, this brand new canister had started to rust. I added a layer of Johnston County semi gloss (primer) for good measure.
IMG_20190723_170704807.jpg
IMG_20190723_171033883.jpg
IMG_20190724_085106512.jpg

Nothing terribly exciting, but just heads up to do the same if anyone installs a bladder cell

Last edited:
While disassembling my cell yesterday to add a return line fitting to the bulkhead, I noticed the inside of the bladder was bare steel, no paint
Sure enough, this brand new canister had started to rust. I added a layer of Johnston County semi gloss (primer) for good measure.
View attachment 299154 View attachment 299155 View attachment 299156
Nothing terribly exciting, but just heads up to do the same if anyone installs a bladder cell

That's a tank, but where's the bladder? :confused:

Ive been seeing these around our porch lights when I leave for work before sunrise. Finally looked them up. European Hornets. These things are huge, at least an inch long. Now I need to find the nest.

B46122D9-2ADC-4677-8677-E7764934F08A.jpeg

Ive been seeing these around our porch lights when I leave for work before sunrise. Finally looked them up. European Hornets. These things are huge, at least an inch long. Now I need to find the nest.

View attachment 299213
Drawn to light and they will mess you up bad.....look for a rotten or hollow tree. They rarely build on structures. They are also very uncany about following projectiles. Like from idiot teenagers or unsuspecting adults operating lawnmowers or bushhogs. If you find the entrance lace the crap out of it with seven dust and wait....or @jeepinmatt. Burn that mother down.

Drawn to light and they will mess you up bad.....look for a rotten or hollow tree. They rarely build on structures. They are also very uncany about following projectiles. Like from idiot teenagers or unsuspecting adults operating lawnmowers or bushhogs. If you find the entrance lace the crap out of it with seven dust and wait....or @jeepinmatt. Burn that mother down.
I would definitely use gas on a nest of those.

Back