Random pic thread.

Enjoying the 72 degree weather in Blowing Rock at 8:30 tonight.
IMG_20190525_205022.jpg

Is it me, or does it look like they could have shortened the wheel base a foot to make it look more "proportional" ???????
they could have, but then it would look more like a 4dr pickup, less Jeep, and they would lose the departure angle.. oh wait, wasn't there a pic with the rear wheel even further back (if the internet designed...)?

Saw one in Southport tonight.
1457a1e498283b39bdd198fdce602a46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jeeps have finally become the US equivalent of the Defender.
Opulent toy symbol of the rich ( or over-spending bougius ) elite.

Saw one I. Statesville last week
03d2964a3214f7aa0121d2da1f60ffb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I am going to hold my breath for a 2 door version...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Saw one I. Statesville last week
03d2964a3214f7aa0121d2da1f60ffb0.jpg

From that angle, it looks like the Ford and Chevy pickups from the '50s and '60s when someone adds a bed from a later generation pickup. The bed may fit, but the styling doesn't match and things don't quite line up visually.. Looks like shit, good job Jeep.

I'm confused about why they needed a slash cut in the bottom of the rear door (which is usually for rear wheelwell/fender clearance obviously), when the rear fender is sooooooooooooooo far away from it. I'm assuming they did that to be compatible with all the JKU aftermarket doors, or maybe to save money by reusing parts (the likely reason)...? It makes it look like a kit car or a sloppy aftermarket conversion, which is especially bad on something that is already too far overpriced for what it is.

Last edited:
Cutting my yj behind the seats has crossed my mind. Half cab the front and using another good tub to build an independent rear bed. Not an extension of body lines but purely independent cab and bed. A dedicated headache rack, spare tire rack leaving the bed space open below, and definitely put the tank under the bed with the extended rails.....bout a 120 ish wheel base. A hand build Brute basicly.

Cutting my yj behind the seats has crossed my mind. Half cab the front and using another good tub to build an independent rear bed. Not an extension of body lines but purely independent cab and bed. A dedicated headache rack, spare tire rack leaving the bed space open below, and definitely put the tank under the bed with the extended rails.....bout a 120 ish wheel base. A hand build Brute basicly.

I had actually cut a cj7 tub before I found my tug. Haven't gone any further. I do have a grand wagoneer I was gonna use the frame from. 108" wheelbase. A copy of a 416 trailer as a bed. Maybe one day I will actually finish a project.

If you ever get up towards Marion,let me know..... got a few groundhogs with your name on them.:sniper:
That would be FUN

Funny story, my friend Mr. Dave down the road used to work part time at the dealership I was a tech at (this was maybe 2000 or so) and he mentioned to me the ground hogs were tearing up his pasture bad. He told me to come shoot any I wanted.

So I had this 70 Dart with a 472 inch low deck big block in it with dual 3” exhaust and 2 chamber Flowmasters and was easing by his place and be dang if this groundhog wasn’t standing on his back feet in the edge of his yard by the road ditch.

This car was loud and had a Lunati 292 or so duration camshaft...it literally would set off car alarms in downtown Smithfield...

I stopped, car idling, and looked at that critter. He didn’t move. I opened the door, got out and shot that GH with my G17 LOL

Left him for Dave by the porch and he took some convincing to believe I killed it with a handgun :)

That would be FUN

Funny story, my friend Mr. Dave down the road used to work part time at the dealership I was a tech at (this was maybe 2000 or so) and he mentioned to me the ground hogs were tearing up his pasture bad. He told me to come shoot any I wanted.

So I had this 70 Dart with a 472 inch low deck big block in it with dual 3” exhaust and 2 chamber Flowmasters and was easing by his place and be dang if this groundhog wasn’t standing on his back feet in the edge of his yard by the road ditch.

This car was loud and had a Lunati 292 or so duration camshaft...it literally would set off car alarms in downtown Smithfield...

I stopped, car idling, and looked at that critter. He didn’t move. I opened the door, got out and shot that GH with my G17 LOL

Left him for Dave by the porch and he took some convincing to believe I killed it with a handgun :)
pictures of the car or it didn't happen

That would be FUN

I love this time of year when the beans are just popping up and the groundhogs can't resist coming out in the open for a snack. It's a great time to let the .223 eat

pictures of the car or it didn't happen
Motor in this pic is Tall deck 440 based, not the later low deck 400 based.

Car would carry the left front wheel with a 3.23 gear, Hemi style converter and just a pinion snubber in back with 90/10s up front at the strip. Torque with a big inch stroker is unreal.

Color is the yellow from DuPont called Lemon Glow that was on Jeff Gordon’s early cars.

F4E7191A-3493-471C-83D3-8403A887C533.jpeg
7E378C76-C990-4A92-921F-283F4171523F.jpeg

Motor in this pic is Tall deck 440 based, not the later low deck 400 based.

Car would carry the left front wheel with a 3.23 gear, Hemi style converter and just a pinion snubber in back with 90/10s up front at the strip. Torque with a big inch stroker is unreal.

Color is the yellow from DuPont called Lemon Glow that was on Jeff Gordon’s early cars.

View attachment 294260 View attachment 294261
excuse me while I go shower

"Leaning in" to spend time with my daughter before she graduates HS (by shopping)
Current view:

View attachment 294249

I'm surprised you didn't get hauled out of there by Security snapping a picture into a changing room. Your own daughter or not, that's taking your life into your own hands.

Back