Random pic thread.

Never eaten there or anywhere in NoDa guess I should try next time I'm on the job up there. Fish tacos sound good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
78 CJ 5
93 xJ co sponsor

A co-worker of mine spotted this and took this picture on his way home from work yesterday. Duder was going 70 mph down hwy 52 south of Winston Salem. There is a washing machine and dryer on top of that camper top, and yes, a full size portable basketball goal.

View attachment 284809
Probably a Z71 with heavy duty shocks so I'm sure he couldn't even tell it was back there.

I used to have thousands in camera gear, high end Nikon glass and cameras.

Now I just have my trusty old D70 from 2004 or so and my 18-70 kit lens. I don’t even own a tripod, I sold my last Manfrotto years ago. I decided to give it a shot anyway.

Hand held (propped against my truck), f/8 (about 3 second exposure time!) and 2 out of 20 or so were pretty good LOL

These are not great, not bragging on them standing against long lenses and stout tripods, but given what I shot them with I am very happy.

8384D1FB-EEAA-462E-B85C-9D770FD54213.jpeg
8CE594D2-74A0-4646-893E-E5CC2B423ED8.jpeg

Looks like a Ranger pickup

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
On second glance, I think you're right. Must be the Ranger Splash!

On a related side note...

Love m some Cabo Fish Taco!!!!!

Yes! Cabo Fish Taco is some good eating.

Never eaten there or anywhere in NoDa guess I should try next time I'm on the job up there. Fish tacos sound good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
78 CJ 5
93 xJ co sponsor

Check it out. Awesome food fo realz.
Let me know when and i'll meet you there for lunch.

A co-worker of mine spotted this and took this picture on his way home from work yesterday. Duder was going 70 mph down hwy 52 south of Winston Salem. There is a washing machine and dryer on top of that camper top, and yes, a full size portable basketball goal.

View attachment 284809

looks like the backboard pushin was the problem ? or the bed was filled w shit too?

2012 f150 Harley 6.2L

Top end undressed, now just to pull radiator/fans for clearance and disconnect everything underneath and pull it and then reverse removal for installation.. at least that is what the guide books always say. Some points in the process will have me wishing for a well placed match, I'm sure.

IMG_20190125_020058171.jpg

Only calls for 24.x hours to replace with a long block.

CMC flat 3.5lb single stage. They are a modular unit, I have CMC in every AR I own which is getting to be a safe full LOL
I was looking at those last night. So many options in pull weight, trigger shapes, etc... I have PSA EPT triggers with JP springs in everything so far and they're good for the price invested, but think I want a little better for the next build.

loaner.jpg

The wife's car went to the dealer for takaga airbag recall and a wiring harness recall. So I schedule it so I can get a loaner car because of meetings. The day comes (today) so at 7:30 I go up and drop it off. Service writer asks if I can drive a stick

o_O

A stick? I've never DRIVEN a BMW stick actually. Even at the Driving school in Spartanburg they don't have sticks. Well HELL YEAH I can drive a stick!

BIG mistake..HUUUUGE mistake!

loaner1.jpg

"Be careful..this one has the Dinan flash and Dinan full exhaust"

Who in their right mind decided to make THIS a loaner car?

Anyway...dealership is like 5 miles from my office....all stoplights, near downtown. 3 of those miles are on a 6 lane "parkway"

I pulled to the exit of the dealership. Clicked "Sport + mode" and turned off ALL the nanny's. Pulled onto peters creek and saw 72mph as I shifted from 2nd to 3rd. This exhaust is SICK....popping and cracking at shifts, and it revs itself as you come to a stop once the clutch is engaged. I never got the car into 4th coming to the office.
I took a few little short cuts at the ball field. I.E. shooting up 1st street to Fayette, over to 4th street, by the filling station then ping-ponging onto 5th street, like I was a steel ball in a 70's Playboy pinball machine. Total disregard for "stopsigns" and rolling right on red like it was a suggestion rather than a statement to STOP.

So instead of parking in my usual spot, I park this RED rolling felony at the front corner next to the front door with the ass hanging out enough to be seen street-side (to run in, show the boss and share my excitement)

I kid you not....7 minutes after pulling up to my office I'm standing there in the front of the office by the big windows telling my boss about this car that FAR exceeds the M4 we drove at the BMW driving experience....and I look out the window in front of us and a COP pulls up with lights on (solid, not strobe) to the curb 90 degrees from said loaner and walks into the office.
POO CAME OUT!!!!

I did the STUPID thing and went right up to him instead of duck out the back.

I all BUT put my hands in front of me and tell him to "take me away"

He smiles and says "do you know anything about a missing phone"

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Apparently some middle school child had her phone stolen and it's pinging in our building (condo's above my office) and he was there to "find the phone"

HO
LEE
CRAP

I thought for sure THIS was where I finally paid for all the stupid things I've done in a car (and @Jason W. truck) all my life. But thankfully....he was a fan as well, and we went out so he could admire it as too :huggy::rockon::rockon:

View attachment 284936

The wife's car went to the dealer for takaga airbag recall and a wiring harness recall. So I schedule it so I can get a loaner car because of meetings. The day comes (today) so at 7:30 I go up and drop it off. Service writer asks if I can drive a stick

o_O

A stick? I've never DRIVEN a BMW stick actually. Even at the Driving school in Spartanburg they don't have sticks. Well HELL YEAH I can drive a stick!

View attachment 284935

Anyway...dealership is like 5 miles from my office....all stoplights, near downtown. 3 of those miles are on a 6 lane "parkway"

I pulled to the exit of the dealership. Clicked "Sport + mode" and turned off ALL the nanny's. Pulled onto peters creek and saw 72mph as I shifted from 2nd to 3rd. This exhaust is SICK....popping and cracking at shifts, and it revs itself as you come to a stop once the clutch is engaged. I never got the car into 4th coming to the office.
I took a few little short cuts at the ball field. I.E. shooting up 1st street to Fayette, over to 4th street, by the filling station then ping-ponging onto 5th street, like I was a steel ball in a 70's Playboy pinball machine. Total disregard for "stopsigns" and rolling right on red like it was a suggestion rather than a statement to STOP.

So instead of parking in my usual spot, I park this RED rolling felony at the front corner next to the front door with the ass hanging out enough to be seen street-side (to run in, show the boss and share my excitement)

I kid you not....7 minutes after pulling up to my office I'm standing there in the front of the office by the big windows telling my boss about this car that FAR exceeds the M4 we drove at the BMW driving experience....and I look out the window in front of us and a COP pulls up with lights on (solid, not strobe) to the curb 90 degrees from said loaner and walks into the office.
POO CAME OUT!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Apparently some middle school child had her phone stolen and it's pinging in our building (condo's above my office) and he was there to "find the phone"

HO
LEE
CRAP

I thought for sure THIS was where I finally paid for all the stupid things I've done in a car (and @Jason W. truck) all my life. But thankfully....he was a fan as well, and we went out so he could admire it as too :huggy::rockon::rockon:
They loaned it hoping that you'd like it enough to buy it...

View attachment 284936

o_O

View attachment 284935

POO CAME OUT!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

HO
LEE
CRAP

So....why the hell did you go to work today? Fill that fawker up and driiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeee!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was looking at those last night. So many options in pull weight, trigger shapes, etc... I have PSA EPT triggers with JP springs in everything so far and they're good for the price invested, but think I want a little better for the next build.
Get the flat shoe, the little kick out makes a perfect reference point to place your finger every time. I have 4.5s in my pistols and 3.5s in the rifles. They were on sale at Primary Arms during Black Friday for $89.

The PSA EPT was included with my Creedmoor lower, it was better than milspec but nothing like a CMC.

CMC is making a 2.5lb 3gun trigger now but honestly at some point triggers in a semi-auto you may use for realz can get too light.

84E8212C-FDD1-4B3A-8C81-1D39D05EA39F.jpeg

4C246B36-832C-4272-9809-7F714CBD3C70.jpeg

F8078CC6-1AFB-4168-9E51-C7F5FA01F29F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So....why the hell did you go to work today? Fill that fawker up and driiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeee!

Because: Stupid architect and ridiculous timelines :kaioken:

TRUST me....if I didn't have 4 schools due next week I'd be up in Danbury on my way to Stuart Va via 89 and No. 8 over to Tuggles gap, and back down Meadows of Dan testing the limits of the traction.

Get the flat shoe, the little kick out makes a perfect reference point to place your finger every time. I have 4.5s in my pistols and 3.5s in the rifles. They were on sale at Primary Arms during Black Friday for $89.

View attachment 284946

View attachment 284949

View attachment 284948
There's also a 2.5lb. I'm only short a buffer kit and lpk to finish a balistic advantage / aero precision valkyrie. I'll have to watch for those to go on sale again. I've placed 2 orders with primary arms this week.

View attachment 284936

o_O

View attachment 284935

POO CAME OUT!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

HO
LEE
CRAP

So what is it?

Back