Random pic thread.

FB lead me to You tube, to view a Schnabel Car. Wow! But even in 2015, Why is a Nuke plant in SC, buying a generator, from Korea? [Matt] I thought Sieman's sales were hurting?
Schnabel car WECX 800 on NS 054. The load is a steam Generator from Korea, heading for the VC Summer nuclear plant in Parr,SC. The train is seen at Devine Jct Columbia SC.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_105819217.jpg
    IMG_20200716_105819217.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20200716_105907903.jpg
    IMG_20200716_105907903.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 155
FB lead me to You tube, to view a Schnabel Car. Wow! But even in 2015, Why is a Nuke plant in SC, buying a generator, from Korea? [Matt] I thought Sieman's sales were hurting?
Schnabel car WECX 800 on NS 054. The load is a steam Generator from Korea, heading for the VC Summer nuclear plant in Parr,SC. The train is seen at Devine Jct Columbia SC.
That's basically a boiler. My guess is government regulations, but you'd be surprised at how much of that stuff is outsourced due to perceived cost on a piece price basis with no accounting of actual total cost due to delays and non-conformance. Different cost buckets can lead to conflicting metrics and poor decisions.

But even in 2015, Why is a Nuke plant in SC, buying a generator, from Korea?

Possibly because by 2015 the turd was circling the drain. Scana/SCE&G was financially destitute and most domestic companies wouldnt sell them anything. Westinghouse filing bankruptcy left was the death knell...and ultimately it was an abandoned projeect, never completed and SC tax payers were left with the bill....

Possibly because by 2015 the turd was circling the drain. Scana/SCE&G was financially destitute and most domestic companies wouldnt sell them anything. Westinghouse filing bankruptcy left was the death knell...and ultimately it was an abandoned projeect, never completed and SC tax payers were left with the bill....
Didn't realize that was the Same plant that never finished, after Billions of $$ spent! I remember that Waste!:mad:

Gawd dayum! I'd have to assume that's what happens when Earl ran his diff dry of earl?

….or, somebody didn't go see @Jody Treadway for a new gear installation and just did it themselves. :lol: Looked easy enough on Reddit, right?

I love it when they have someone who'll do it cheaper

Been working on a small gift for a friend of mine. I think it shows my level of commitment to booze. Caps, glue, frame, and epoxy.

Edit: that's his last name, Lauff.

IMG_20200628_165232.jpg

IMG_20200629_232011.jpg

IMG_20200706_125846.jpg

IMG_20200706_125849.jpg

MVIMG_20200716_153142.jpg

I'm glad you clarified. I was wondering if you were just a dumbass who couldn't spell and was making the middle piece of a "Live, Laugh, Love" sign.
I lauff at that bullshit

Gawd dayum! I'd have to assume that's what happens when Earl ran his diff dry of earl?

….or, somebody didn't go see @Jody Treadway for a new gear installation and just did it themselves. :lol: Looked easy enough on Reddit, right?

1984, I apparently got some water in my 72 Landruisers rear end when I stuck it in a flooded ditch.Only one end/wheel was in the water for a few hours and I did'nt check it afterwards. A few months later it broke/locked up running 45mph. Had it towed to the place I lived in Goldsboro w a crowd of other guys going to WCC w me.We were drinking beer after school when I went to pull the filler plug cause the drain plug was all jacked up from being dragged over rocks.When the plug popped out it shot an impressive stream of stinky,foamy milkshake all over me before I could get out from under it.Lot's of laughs and I had to hose down in the backyard. Put my shirt, pants etc,in the trash and took a long shower w gojo and dish soap.I still smelled like rotten gear oil for days no matter how times I washed...........good times.

Last edited:
Black and white, my boss, my superintendent and one of the owners are more colorblind than I am

Sounds like some inbreeding going on in dem dar hills. Play banjo?

Not a Cap there, that I recognize!:confused:
Well, I tried to make the letters stand out so I only used two colors. I've got more variety but that's what I was limited to with red and black.

Back