R/C section

I guess I know what my first upgrade is gonna be.....:(
aimg.tapatalk.com_b8271eb4_df44_0a08.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

^^^ True. Upon further inspection I found this. I hit my jeep tire at about half speed. It broke both sides of the brace that runs from the frame to the stinger. I can repair it with screws I guess. Bit now im pretty worried about the rest of the chassis. If it breaks this easy, how good is it gonna hold ip over time?
aimg.tapatalk.com_b8271eb4_01db_45bf.jpg

One on either side. At least they are replaceable.
aimg.tapatalk.com_b8271eb4_02f8_d9ed.jpg

Not a big fan of the wrath to big for my taste its more of a rock racer than a crawler. Ive beat the hell out of my scorpion and it just takes it.

I had a axial crawler. I like the scale stuff better.

I like the wraith as a scaler. Crawling is fair for what it is I guess. But its way to top heavy for speed. Plus I don't think the chassis will hold up for too many crashes at speed.

I think I will gear it down. Do some work on the suspension and just build a scale crawler.

I like the wraith as a scaler. Crawling is fair for what it is I guess. But its way to top heavy for speed. Plus I don't think the chassis will hold up for too many crashes at speed.

I think I will gear it down. Do some work on the suspension and just build a scale crawler.

Put a 55 turn motor in it that should help

OR:

You could try this

Wraith SITFFY KIT stage #2.
center chassis, dash,
& DmG's front HD steel bumper mounts.
3mm hard ware included.
H/D bump mounts greatly improve the stiffness in the front of the chassis.
plus no more broken braces.
$100.00 + shipping.

ai103.photobucket.com_albums_m147_kcrc_2006_DmG_20SCALE_wrath062.jpg

Looks like aluminum tubing over threaded rod. Much stronger than hollow links

I used 8/32 all thread and sleeved it with 1/4" alum tubing from the local hobby shop. Then used traxxas revo 5347 rod ends which tap perfectly with an 8/32 tap.

Basically followed this guys directions.
http://youtu.be/gVV8DgZmQz8

I like it. Thanks for the tip.

Don't worry about the chassis holding up, we put them through hell. The front bumper brace is one of the weak links that need to be replaced with steel, and the stock plastic lower links on any rtr truck aren't the best in the world. I made some lowers out of 3/8 delrin. Also lowering your wraith down makes it a totally different truck. On your gearing, don't go too low, that big truck needs momentum to get up some climbs. I am running stock gearing with a Holmes 35t torque master with a Holmes brxl on 3 s and I wish I had more wheel speed to crawl.

Here are some of the rigs that should be there Sunday. The Bronco is mine, the silver wraith and the Hilux are a friend of mines, the tj is his sons, and the last is my comp rig, so every type of rig is welcomed comp or scale. If you have anything with sand paddles you can make some passes on the beach there too.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_d11f193c.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_58a4df96.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_82143447.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_a850230a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_8c4e85a0.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_9196db09.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_601fb03e.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_c116383e.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_b604dace.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_7067aad7.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v207_black2003gts_f3ad47eb.jpg

Love that bronco and of course the hilux :D