R/C section

Boone should have some great spots for crawling. Worked for electric co. for 10 years so I know the area well. Try Hwy 105 near Hound Ears golf club. The rocks along the river there is very nice.

I stare at the box under the tree that houses my wraith...then go in the garage and play with the aluminum suspension parts, beadlocks & TSL's battery relocation tray and sheet aluminum that I'm DYING to spend hours installing Christmas day :bounce2:

For any of you guys that are in the Raleigh area, we are going to have a comp on Sunday at Falls Lake Dam. Probably start between 9-9:30am, start with 2.2 then maybe run Sportsman if we have enough people. Some of the guys are going to bring their scalers also.

Where do you park? I may stop by, it will probably be around 11:00

Anybody around the marion area (Asheville to Hickory) the Flats has some awsome spots for R/C crawlin. Hit me up sometime. We are also having an open event January 14.
Admission for full size is $10 maybe I can get it cheaper since the rigs are smaller.....:lol:

Im telling ya'll we need a rc section!!

Yes we do.

Tried out the Wraith today. Not bad. Too fast to be a rock crawler and to top heavy for high speed. Think im gonna put in a lower gear, add some weighted bead locks and soften up the shocks. It s fun tho. cool I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Where do you park? I may stop by, it will probably be around 11:00

I've honestly never been to Falls Lake Dam. The guy organizing the comp said at the intersection of Pleasant Union Church Rd and Falls of Neuse Rd there is a picnic area at the bottom of the dam. Said we would be meeting there. Course building starts at 9am and we start running at 9:30.

I stare at the box under the tree that houses my wraith...then go in the garage and play with the aluminum suspension parts, beadlocks & TSL's battery relocation tray and sheet aluminum that I'm DYING to spend hours installing Christmas day :bounce2:
man that must suck!

Yea that thing is wicked. I see a new class of racing coming to the tracks around here next spring.

Just got into R/C myself. Bought a Plane first. A Cub made by hobbyzone called a Champ, been through two of em, lots of fun. Then I bought a used Redcat nitro Buggy. paid $50 bucks for it. Ive had a blast with it. Its easy to work on, Locktite seems to be a must, and a little wd-40. Strapped the garmen to it and clocked it at 50mph with no body. A new one sells for $160 ready to go at Anderson R/C in High Point. Ive ran it in the Mud, Rain, and bashed the hell out of it. Its a lot of fun, I recommend picking one up if ya have the extra cash.
http://www.redcatracing.com/core/me...80f3b5302&resizeid=-2&resizeh=490&resizew=490
Motor Type Nitro 3.0cc .18 SH
Transmission Centrifugally Shifted 2-Speed
Drive System 4 Wheel Drive
Length 400mm
Width 250mm
Height 160mm
Wheelbase 275mm (F/R)
Ground Clearance 26mm
Fuel Tank Capacity 75cc
Chassis Type 2.5mm 6061 Aluminum
Brake Type Composite Disc
Shocks Aluminum Body Oil Filled
Radio System 2.4GHz Radio System

Ive heard that about the redcats being bulletproof. Raced with a few back when I was racing at the track in Wilkesboro. Started racing r/c about 15 years ago with Kyosho buggy and been thru about 5 losi XXX-T and NXT's. Now have a losi 8ight buggy sitting in the closet along with a traxxas slash protrac that has never hit the dirt once. The racing got so expensive that i gave it up for the most part. Now have 2 axial ax-10s, one comp style and the other converted into a toyota scaler. Worst part about it is buying the cars is only fun for about 2 or 3 runs, then its off to the hooby shop to buy more goodies :D

ai1084.photobucket.com_albums_j407_PeterH828_aa2f6143.jpg

Yes, that picture was taken at Roadhiss Dam in Granite Falls, local and awesome.

Ive seen a lot of talk on ncrc about this place and Ive been by it before but cant really remember how to get there. Maybe a bunch of us can get together and go one sat or sun.

Ive seen a lot of talk on ncrc about this place and Ive been by it before but cant really remember how to get there. Maybe a bunch of us can get together and go one sat or sun.

That would be awesome. Not too far from me either, and I'll be home for Christmas here in the next week or so!

I had no idea that the dam had any crawling spots.

Also, I bet the rocks at the Tater Hole in Granite might not be too bad...

Back