Project Lowrider: Dropped the YJ about 3" this week... ditching 2" body tomorrow...

aaawwwww... What a cute little Gerbil Cage. I bet that'd fit in my daughters Power Wheels :D

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0822Medium.jpg

Gonna be redoing the shock mounts? looks like you've got very little uptravel, like 1-2"?

She needs more power in her Jeep, she wheels a whole lot more than you do...:flipoff2:

POINT...15 LOVE...

YJ looks much better dude! When I got my old one, first thing I did was yank the 3" body lift.

You considering shackle reversal on front? Otherwise that looks like it is begging to be bent, well more than it is already?

Gonna be redoing the shock mounts? looks like you've got very little uptravel, like 1-2"?

I have to redo all my shock mounting points (moving hoops in front, just moving mounting tabs in the rear) and install bump stops. I was waiting until the engine was in just in case the weight became an issue. I'm planning for 3-4" of shock uptravel and the rest downtravel...... now after saying that i think ultimatly i'll take what i can get while i keep her low and flexy :)

POINT...15 LOVE...
You considering shackle reversal on front? Otherwise that looks like it is begging to be bent, well more than it is already?

no shackle reversal for me. it is my daily driver but one day it will become my weekend toy to take out on wheeling trips...... if i was going to daily drive it forever then yes, shackle reveral.... but i'm doing things with offroad performance at the top of my list and street behavior takes a distant 2nd

fired the motor up mon night..... it's now 7am tuesday and i'm going to sleep for 45 mins and head back to work...

Up travel is highly over rated. Rich only has about 3.75" of it.

:D:D:D

Up travel is highly over rated. Rich only has about 3.75" of it.

:D:D:D

Negative.. 5"

Rig looks great Erik... 'cept for those damned Boggers. Thought you cared about offroad performance? :flipoff2:

Negative.. 5"
Rig looks great Erik... 'cept for those damned Boggers. Thought you cared about offroad performance? :flipoff2:

Haha. What Erik for gets to mention is the one thing that takes precedent over everything else is looking cool. That is the reason for the boggers, that is the reason for no top...ever, and that is the real reason he built a big Jeep.

Chad<----still laughing about richs comment

actually thats why he bought the jeep to look cool. he finally just came around to his sences and had better influences around him to change his pretty jeep into a practical jeep. still miss seeing the old axles under it on 40's... ha

i'm confused. i thought we all owned manly 4 wheel drive's to make up for our small genatalia......

i haven't taken off the body lift. not sure if i can now with the way i put the drivetrain in.... i could probably cut it in half but i'm not sure yet if i can ditch the whole thing...

however.... this engine/tranny swap put the body lift removal on hold.... i can't get my tranny to shift via the tranny computer and i have a bunch of bugs to work out with the engine still.... once i get all that worked out it'll be anti-body lift time.... oh, got steering to fix too... that should be fun..... ugh

-Erik

man i swear id see you at the school driving down front st. every tues and thursday night, but today was the first time i seen that thing out at allen muffer shop, since you got done with the motor!

Just a little note on Rich's comment on the boggers..... He had to do all of those mods to his cruiser so he could keep up with a much less extreme truck that runs boggers. In the words of a guy that has been in wheelin since most of us were born... A bogger will take a truck where no other tire will take it! Including the trailer because it is BROKE! But, i love my boggers!

man i swear id see you at the school driving down front st. every tues and thursday night, but today was the first time i seen that thing out at allen muffer shop, since you got done with the motor!

Man Aaron did a FANTASTIC job on my exhaust today! anyone needing exhaust work done in the area should definatly head his way. his prices are great and his work is top notch. i told him i'd be bashing the jeep on rocks so to get creative with it and keep it as far out of harms way as possible and he did AWESOME. i'll post pics tomorrow night :)

tue/thur i have an english class... errr. did... i am dropping it... stupid class put me to sleep and had NO hotties to spark my interest....

Just a little note on Rich's comment on the boggers..... He had to do all of those mods to his cruiser so he could keep up with a much less extreme truck that runs boggers. In the words of a guy that has been in wheelin since most of us were born... A bogger will take a truck where no other tire will take it! Including the trailer because it is BROKE! But, i love my boggers!

boggers are awesome in the mud, sound and look hella sweet on the street, and aside from sliding sideways on rocks if they aren't aired down a lot, they have done GREAT on the rocks.

I'm yet to break anything because of these heavy things except for a dana 35 :fuck-you: knock on wood.

ps... if i remember right, they are each 160 pounds each mounted on my steel wheels... haha, whoa

-Erik <--- got his 4.0 swap running great today... now on to leaky injector o-rings!

i hear that man the only reason i got to my tues/ thurs is cause i sit beside this hot ass girl!:bounce2:

yea i went until the class hottie dropped it... then i lost motivation.

Man Aaron did a FANTASTIC job on my exhaust today! anyone needing exhaust work done in the area should definatly head his way. his prices are great and his work is top notch. i told him i'd be bashing the jeep on rocks so to get creative with it and keep it as far out of harms way as possible and he did AWESOME. i'll post pics tomorrow night :)

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0892Medium.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0893Medium.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0894Medium.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0895Medium.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0896Medium.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f175_efrancin_CIMG0897Medium.jpg

the muffler was on one of the cherokees i parted out and stole the swap out of. i decided not to run my flowmaster... i wanted it quiet... and quiet i got :)

so are you leaving the body lift in there? it appears to still be there and that pipe looks like it would keep you from dropping it?

i forgot to tell him that i intended on removing the body lift when i told him what i wanted. and to be honest, i might have to keep the body lift, or at least half of it, to keep the drivetrain tucked up high and ultimatly ditch the lowering kit that i welded the cherokee crossmember to.

i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.... it's not that huge of a problem either way, i have a sawzall :)

yea the xj crossmember put the drivetraina lot higher than the yj crossmember/skid.... i welded it to the tcase lowering kit i had originally to make it easy to mount to the frame rails.... if i can remove it without messing my opinoin angle up too bad then i'll do it... if not, then i'll just leave it and base my skid plates off of it....

I got a YJ on 37 IRoks with SOA and 2.5 leave springs.
Im debating on different rear ends, front ends, maybe body, OTT steering, etc...
Just wanted to know if you had any comments on what is better, worse. to high, not high enough. She Looks great right now, but should i go with wider wheel base?
A lot of questions, i know, but i want to get advice from someone whose already been there it looks like. thanks, pM

Back