OPEN RIDE @ "THE FLATS" JAN.14TH

Dang I really hate I missed this ended up taking a weekend trip to Gatlinberg but I wish I had stayed here!! Glad it was a great turnout!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported this family! Thanks to the individuals and the clubs, Lake Norman Crawlers, Big Dixie Boggers, and the Muddevils.Thanks to the guys that drove many miles to show their support. We hope everyone had a great time and will come back for our open invite in April. The family was very happy that so many people showed up to support. The individual was givin the donations plus donations are still coming in through the mail.

That's awesome Jason. I am so glad that we were able to be a part of it. And as a family member of someone who is facing MAJOR medical bills (my brother has leukemia) I understand how much something like this means to that family. A giant thank you to Rock Corps for hosting this event.

I unfortunately had to work this weekend and could not be there. But from what I have heard, seen and read, it was an awesome event. I know with Mnt City closing, URE shut down for the winter, most everyone was itching for a wheelin fix so to speak. It was cold, and wet in a lot of places at the The Flats, but that is all part of doing what we do,...WHEEL!
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported this event. And also, thanks to those who sent donations even though they could not attend. That is absolutely awesome!
If you missed it, there are other opportunities to ride this land
We have The ECORS first ride of the 2012 season coming up in March
We have the open invite in April coming also.

Sp beef up those rigs, fix that broke axle and get ready to wheel again soon!

Had a great time as always. Didn't break anything for once. See yall next time.

She is good....i was ridding in the cj buggy on 44's with gubni..... the white jeep came down with us....it use to be my old jeep....im just glad to see my welding skills are good enough that the cage held up and no one was hurt!!!! It took a hard flip on the passenger side!!

Here's the limited amount of video I got that day. If you've never been up Easy Street here's your look at it.

http://youtu.be/hbrNpgcCKnU

ps - the video is still uploading but should be good to go by the midnight at the latest.

Thanks to all the Rockcorps guys for a great event. I hope you raised a bunch of money. It looked like a good turnout.
It was cool to meet a bunch of folks from NC4x4.
We saw several rigs on their lids. Sounds like everyone made it throught he day unscathed. That's good news.
A special thanks to levellinebrad for taking me on a private tour of the park. And for spotting for me on the parking lot obstacle and Laurel Lane.
here's Brad showing his best side:
achrisahughes.smugmug.com_Trucks_The_Flats_1142012_i_7RfxxCs_0_X2_IMG1865_X2.jpg

damn chris! looks like yall had a good time. how did the light bar and lights work out? Loud on the road? See ya soon

damn chris! looks like yall had a good time. how did the light bar and lights work out? Loud on the road? See ya soon

The bar worked out well. The added sound is not bad. It's still not wired so the wire is just zip tied to the back of the light. I think after that is tucked away and the angle is tweaked a little bit, it should be relatively quiet.

Between the intake, exhaust, exterior accessories, tires, etc it's never going to be "quiet".

Who was driving the orange/purple FJ? Any more info on that thing? It looked cool.

The Flatts

Had a great time at the flatts. First time going and will defenatly not be the last. Thanks to all the rock corps guys for putting on such a great event and helping me back over! You guys are the greatest!!

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc414_carolinacrawler_rollover.jpg

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc414_carolinacrawler_rollover3.jpg

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc414_carolinacrawler_rollover2.jpg

Hey man I rolled up on you just after this happened. I offered to help out with my winch. The guys in the Sammi with the broken drive shaft took long enough that the Rock Corps guys were there in full force and I rolled out. Nice pics!!!

finally got time for a few pics. My 11 year old son was my copilot and camera man.
side of hill.jpg

brandon being winched.jpg

rides plum over.jpg

making the climb.jpg

view down on John Brooks.jpg

landon on his side.jpg

couple more.landon from a distance on side.jpg

fire toy.jpg

ol jeeps crossed up.jpg

ol jeeps.jpg

top of the ranger.jpg

Back