OK, gonna do the 8.8

My 8.8 has held up with the Detroit under mild wheeling (URE) and the stress of a V8 and supporting my fatass Bronco on 35's. For added stength, Andy at CRS threw a tube truss on there and welded the seams where the axle tube connects to the pumpkin.
awww.supermotors.org_getfile_212399_fullsize_DSCN0690.JPG

awww.supermotors.org_getfile_212400_fullsize_DSCN0691.JPG

It is a C-clip, so snapping an axle means possibly losing a wheel, unless there's discs there to stop it from sliding out. Also, I'd recommend swapping out the crush sleeve with a solid spacer.
By the way, this'll be up for grabs for you jeep guys once I find a 10.25 or a 14-bolt for the rear.

Brit-Bloke said:
John I'll second the fact you have a fat azz :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
Can I see your green card? Lucky I plan to buy my next house with you, or I'd track you down for that one.

I'm interested in your transfer case. How many miles on it and what is the story on the cut and tappered shaft? I need a 242 for my 98 ZJ w/ 5.9. Do you have the shifter linkages and gear selector bezel for it?

WTF?? I was replying to a different thread entirely in the For Sale section. I've never even opened this thread. How the heck did my reply end up here? :shaking:

Back