No winch, no lockers, no 4WD.....

Nice build don!!! First I've seen this thread.
Wish I'd known you were building this. I probably have a lot of stuff you coulda used that I took out of the taco truck before I sold it.

I have a data cap so I just pieced through it. There is a site called "Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers" that has a full section on cargo trailers. Home | RV Travel Channel / Full Time RV Living RVerTV also had a good cargo build a while back.

Nice build don!!! First I've seen this thread.
Wish I'd known you were building this. I probably have a lot of stuff you coulda used that I took out of the taco truck before I sold it.

Thanks Kenneth! Truthfully, I probably would not have used any of that stuff. This baby is basic... we had hot & cold water in the popup, it was nice, but we wasted more water than we actually used. It had a 3-burner stovetop which we didn't use, same goes for the refrigerator. My wife did appreciate having a toilet for night calls. So, this one has a real queen size bed, a toilet and a small sink. No hot water, but if I really need hot water I will run 12 cups through the coffee maker. I appreciate you thinking of me though. AND... from another post... I too remember the old days and all the good times. I do miss them, but it became more work, travel and expense than I was willing to shell out for a few hours of riding in the same old places as most of the old ones were gone.

If you know anyone else looking to do another build like this pass it along that I have alot of stuff. The taco truck was pretty simple too. It just had a bar sink. And queen bed. I have a nice matress for sale

Looks real good! Hope to see ya at the Vets ride this fall!

any updates on this? I have Dad's at my house now and am considering copying some of your ideas on the fold up bed, this one currently has bunks.

any updates on this? I have Dad's at my house now and am considering copying some of your ideas on the fold up bed, this one currently has bunks.
Saw the Neatest thing yesterday! Think it was an ad on FB. Showed a simple, low looking, flat looking, sofa. An average woman, grabbed a handle, & pulled up. It rolled out & up, flipping over into a Bunk bed. Flip a latch, & a side safety rail locks in place. Another latch, & the ladder folds down. Sets up, or down, in mere seconds! Sorry, I didn't get the Brand.

Wow... I started this thread on Feb 27, 2017. A year and a half has flown by. We have used our little camper several times, and were on the road in it for 10 days last fall. Other than adding an awning track there have been no upgrades on it. We have been delighted with it as it is.

edit: I just remembered, I did add a wooden screen door (inside). Works like a charm!

edit-2: Screen Door - I did not have pictures at the time I posted this...

18.jpg 20.jpg

Last edited:
Just a mild little upgrade... when we go camping we prefer nice weather, and we prefer to stay outdoors for about all but sleeping. However, now and then the weather throws a curve and suddenly it's not nice anymore. Occasionally we have the need to eat indoors. Hold a plate on your lap works, but having a table is much nicer. So, I added a table mounted under the bed when not being used, plus now have a place to store our chairs. With the bed folded up against the back doors we now have plenty of room to be indoors when necessary.

25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I just ran across this... no, no more updates. We have not been on a camping trip in well over a year. As for the camper itself, no upgrades needed as we like it just as it is... cozy. You might find some useful ideas here: Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • Index page Look for the section on cargo trailers.

Back