Myrtle Beach; July 9, 2005

BRUISER said:
WOW you donated that chasis to the event and they raffled it off???

That is one hell of a prize..

The chassis was not donated to the event. Studnuts held his own separate raffle for the chassis that he ran at his booth. From what I understand he was supposed to donate 1/2 the proceeds from the raffle to the Aggressive Concepts crew. It ended up making the AC group less than $50.

According the Dave the actual event raffle that we participated in with the $1500 worth of cage work made them around $1700-1800 I think. Sounds like a good start to the money required to lease the piece of land they are working toward.

We were glad to help support this group of guys and hopefully they will get this land they are trying to lease off the ground so we have another option to wheel at that is not horribly far away.

Speaking of that, Dave.....get a hold of me so we can figure out a time to run out there and look around at the piece of property.

Andy

Good job to the Agressive guys and all the vendors that made it happen.. Thumbs up!

zubz said:
The chassis was not donated to the event. Studnuts held his own separate raffle for the chassis that he ran at his booth. From what I understand he was supposed to donate 1/2 the proceeds from the raffle to the Aggressive Concepts crew. It ended up making the AC group less than $50.

Andy

Some of that is accurate. Im not 'big time' and financially set like the rock shop to just give a chasis up. I had arrangements with Dave prior to the show to hold my own raffle and donate what I could, reason being, I wanted to try and recoop some money for material spent, then donate the rest to Daves organization. Surprisingly, the raffle wasnt that great of an outcome so I donated to Dave what I could. And I even took a small loss on the money I wanted to recoop spent constructing the chasis so I could help him out. I made an attempt that I thought would have been a great turnout since it was a targeted "offroad" event, unfortunately it wasnt. I guess a tube chasis isnt as offroad as I thought it would be.

On to other topics - Now why in the fawk would you post this? I did what I could to help him out,unfortunately, it didnt go as well as I had planned. Why dont you keep your fucking nose out of other peoples shit. If you got a problem with something I did, why dont you man up and grow a set and talk to me about it?

the raffle may have gone better if the chassis looked a little more main stream. the chassis in the pics is very diffrent from the usual look people are after. either way hats off to ya or building your own and not buying it like i did. i wish i had built my own.

Uhm...guys....can we move this part to another post?

As far as the chassis not getting as much attention as you expected Jon, like you said if you KNEW you could get it done in time, we could have advertised it and I beleive alot more attention would have been drawn to it.

zubz said:
Speaking of that, Dave.....get a hold of me so we can figure out a time to run out there and look around at the piece of property.

Andy

Andy, we actually had an offer to us for a 900 acre tract that is adjacent to the land we were already looking at. This land is along the same river so we still have access AND this guy has no intentions of selling. But we would have to split it with a hunt club. They would have it during hunting season except Sundays and we would have it on the off season. But we can still look into doing a small section of rock walls etc. that would be our own to use during the winter time.
We are still looking into it. I'll let you know man, but it looks like it is all going to happen fast!

StudNuts said:
Some of that is accurate. Im not 'big time' and financially set like the rock shop to just give a chasis up. I had arrangements with Dave prior to the show to hold my own raffle and donate what I could, reason being, I wanted to try and recoop some money for material spent, then donate the rest to Daves organization. Surprisingly, the raffle wasnt that great of an outcome so I donated to Dave what I could. And I even took a small loss on the money I wanted to recoop spent constructing the chasis so I could help him out. I made an attempt that I thought would have been a great turnout since it was a targeted "offroad" event, unfortunately it wasnt. I guess a tube chasis isnt as offroad as I thought it would be.

On to other topics - Now why in the fawk would you post this? I did what I could to help him out,unfortunately, it didnt go as well as I had planned. Why dont you keep your fucking nose out of other peoples shit. If you got a problem with something I did, why dont you man up and grow a set and talk to me about it?

You want to take personal shots feel free. I simply stated what was conveyed to me and it was very different than your story. I wanted to make sure that people didn't confuse the approach you took and the one that others like Rocky Mountain Suspension, CRS, and the other donators did. Being lumped in with your chassis raffle makes it very much my business.

I was more than happy to talk to the guy that helped you build the chassis for a while on sat, you and I never really crossed paths . He and I stood and had a nice talk while you were waiting for the ramp. Give me a shout whenever you would like and I will be happy to talk to you about it or I will meet you wherever you like to talk face to face. If you would prefer, I will take care of the bill, just give me a number where I can reach you. Stepping up is no problem at all.

Either way, take the personal BS off line with me however you would like. Anytime you want to talk you know where to find me.

Andy

And by the way, we are by no mean "financially setup", we just looked at the business potential and decided to step up and help out. You have to take a loss sometimes to get the greatest return. You will learn that sometime. I have gotten more than 15 calls/PM's/emails from the show down there already......So my few hundred in tube for the $1500 cage may just pay off. That is the risk of owning a small business.........After 4+ years of fighting I would hope we have learned something.

zubz said:
You want to take personal shots feel free. I simply stated what was conveyed to me and it was very different than your story. I wanted to make sure that people didn't confuse the approach you took and the one that others like Rocky Mountain Suspension, CRS, and the other donators did. Being lumped in with your chassis raffle makes it very much my business.

I was more than happy to talk to the guy that helped you build the chassis for a while on sat, you and I never really crossed paths . He and I stood and had a nice talk while you were waiting for the ramp. Give me a shout whenever you would like and I will be happy to talk to you about it or I will meet you wherever you like to talk face to face. If you would prefer, I will take care of the bill, just give me a number where I can reach you. Stepping up is no problem at all.

Either way, take the personal BS off line with me however you would like. Anytime you want to talk you know where to find me.

Andy

And by the way, we are by no mean "financially setup", we just looked at the business potential and decided to step up and help out. You have to take a loss sometimes to get the greatest return. You will learn that sometime. I have gotten more than 15 calls/PM's/emails from the show down there already......So my few hundred in tube for the $1500 cage may just pay off. That is the risk of owning a small business.........After 4+ years of fighting I would hope we have learned something.

Im not taking shots at your or your business - I think its cool your so involved with the community that puts food on your table and products in your shop. Im just stating the fact that whos business is it of yours whether I donate $5 or $5000? Let alone, where is it your place to post on a bulletin board what I donated - Is that very professional on your behalf? That was the best I could do. If you wanted to be professional and courteous, you can have simply stated that I held my own raffle and did not directly donate the chasis to AC like your or other vendors - enough said point across. I did take a different approach to the chasis raffle, as Dave knew this going into it. I have the emails and pms I can post that he was perfectly clear on this arrangement and in agreement. My thoughts were that a tube chasis raffle at an offroad event would have created a bigger turnout than what occured, it backfired on me. I was just trying to help out.

And I dont know what was said from Jordan or whom else, but it is not accurate.

Ok guys...I gotta step in here. Please take this offline. [/mod]

Rich said:
Ok guys...I gotta step in here. Please take this offline. [/mod]

No problemo Rich, if Jon wants to talk to me in person that is fine.

I will say that I got a different story than your take on it and as one of the sponsoring vendors for the event it bothered me how it was handled. It is all water under the bridge now, if you have anything else you would like to chat about you can swing by/call/email/PM and redeem your gift certificate....;)

Andy

Andy, ya think he'll use that gift certificate???

FWIW, I didn't even know the chassis was being raffled off until I got down there Sat. morning. If I had known about it as well as many others prior to the show, maybe it would have turned out better for everyone

Rob

rockcity said:
Andy, ya think he'll use that gift certificate???

FWIW, I didn't even know the chassis was being raffled off until I got down there Sat. morning. If I had known about it as well as many others prior to the show, maybe it would have turned out better for everyone

Rob

Hence the sarcasm in my last post. I laughed when the guys said he won it in the ramp contest. If he wants to chat with me more offline I will be happy to.

Andy

Highest ramp score was 1030 by the same zuke that won the CNC contest. Second place was 995.5 and was Jon, can't remember who the third place that actually was part of the contest.

stone said:
damn, if i still have the buggy i am gonna come to win it next time! any pics of the zuke?

IMG_5047.sized.jpg

IMG_5069.sized.jpg

Greg

i gotta try it some time. i can drive over the ramp up at crawfords so i would guess its 1000 plus. btw good lookin zuke! i really like the cage, its super clean!

this is goofin off at uhwarie, and chris there is 6'6'' to give an idea
photo_photo.aspx

photo_photo.aspx

Aggressive1 said:
I can too. Thats a short ramp. My score on this 30 was 994.
my wheel base is 107, look at those pics and tell me if u think its 1000? i haven never been on a real ramp...

stone said:
my wheel base is 107, look at those pics and tell me if u think its 1000? i haven never been on a real ramp...

Ya i think yours would do very well on a ramp... but you may need to use our since it is a lot tall then others so maybe you will not drive off it :)

BIGWOODY said:
I've yet to see a ramp on a trail..... :flipoff2:

what we have towed ours out to the trails at uwharrie :flipoff2:

NICE looking ZUK!!!

BUG does crappy on the ramp at Crawfords, I think I maybe would have scored a 5-600 or something at most. (Anyone know what degree it is, I assumed 30?)

But hey it does really well on all the bypasses on the trails!! :flipoff2:

Sam

Back