Myrtle Beach; July 9, 2005

waylon, you got alot of good pics. My GF took maybe 5 pics, and 4 where of me...lol.

my little spot
100_0949.jpg

first time the buggy has been on a ramp
100_0952.jpg

now this thing was wierd...
100_0957.jpg

Long drive and alot of work, but I had a good time. It was deffinitely fun.

We had a good time as well. It was nice to put some faces with names and talk to the guys from the MB area. We will definitely try to help out again next year.

Andy

If anybody got a pic of the yellow TJ that was parked at the See-Saw comp, with Stono Body Works on the windshield and the blue flame (or something) paint job, I'd appreciate if you'd post it, or email it to me: greg@greghorton.com

the only one I seemed to have taken that even remotely shows it is this one:

IMG_5085.sized.jpg

I'm wanting a pic of how he trimmed his front fenders...

Greg

I managed to stop by for a few minutes, I didn't think there were that many "real" wheelers around here. Wish I'd had the time to talk to some of yall. Maybe next year I won't have to work on Saturday and can stick around a little longer.

Who's the younger looking guy who was wearing a CRS shirt and drove a big yellow TJ? Is he a member here?

His name is Bright and I don't think he is a member here. If you need to get a hold of him let me know.

Andy

BigWaylon,

I think I've got a pic of that rig....I'll have to get it to you this evening. Thanks again for the pics!

Good to meet you guys form CRS, and others....

See you guys on the trails...

CJ4PLAY :D

CJ4PLAY said:
BigWaylon,

I think I've got a pic of that rig....I'll have to get it to you this evening. Thanks again for the pics!

Good to meet you guys form CRS, and others....

See you guys on the trails...

CJ4PLAY :D

It was good meeting you guys as well. Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Andy

The show was a lot of fun. It was great meeting with you all.

If anyone got any pics of my buggy, let me know. I left my camera at the house and never got any.

Rob

You guys were all awesome. We could not have done this show without you guys. The show had way more people and exposure then we every expected for a first time show. Things also seemed to roll pretty smooth for our first year and we owe that to all the guys involved including the vendors and the helping clubs.

Hey Ken (Bruiser), we need to talk about next years shows when you get a chance man.

bigwaylon said:
the only one I seemed to have taken that even remotely shows it is this one:

IMG_5085.sized.jpg

I'm wanting a pic of how he trimmed his front fenders...

Greg

That'a a Sammi hood, with no fenders, I'm 85% sure.. the vents on the sides give it away.

Rich said:
That'a a Sammi hood, with no fenders, I'm 85% sure.. the vents on the sides give it away.

I'm talking about the yellow one in the background...that's why I said it even "remotely" showed the Jeep...I just wanted someone to know which vehicle I was after...

I've got quite a few pics of the vehicle on the see-saw...

Thanks, though...

Greg

i think he is talking about the yellow jeep in the backround rich.

EDIT: beat me to it

Aggressive1 said:
You guys were all awesome. We could not have done this show without you guys. The show had way more people and exposure then we every expected for a first time show. Things also seemed to roll pretty smooth for our first year and we owe that to all the guys involved including the vendors and the helping clubs.

Hey Ken (Bruiser), we need to talk about next years shows when you get a chance man.

ya I will try to give ya call in a few days

X2...On the article.

Dave, I called the newspaper reporter back...no response as of yet. I'll try again later today.

CJ4PLAY

bigassedredjeep said:
dave post up a link to the newspaper article when it comes out. would like to see what the lady with all the cameras had to say about it.

I don't have a link to the article...but here's a copy from another forum:

Paintwagon said:
This is the article:

Posted on Mon, Jul. 11, 2005

COASTAL CAROLINAS| Club hopes to grow sport in East

Funds raised for off-roading park

Founder plans Brunswick site

By Kelly Marshall

The Sun News

An off-road enthusiast raised about $1,600 this weekend to build a park dedicated to the sport in Brunswick County.

Dave Curry, who founded the Aggressive 4x4 Concepts Off-Road Club in Myrtle Beach, organized a fund-raising event that drew at least 12 vendors and attracted people from the Carolinas.

The first-time event helped raise money to lease land on N.C. 904, west of Calabash, to build a facility where off-roaders can drive Jeeps and four-wheel-drive vehicles in a supervised environment, he said.

The annual lease would be about $3,000, he said.

The park could be open to the public by 2007, Curry said.

"Between the construction and the approvals that we will have to get, it will take about two years," he said.

Off-roading is growing in popularity and already is a big hit on the West Coast, Curry said. He said he wants to duplicate off-road parks now running in Pennsylvania and western North Carolina.

There are no off-road parks in Brunswick or Columbus counties, Curry said. The closest off-road park is about three hours away, in another part of North Carolina. There are no such parks in South Carolina.

The sport involves climbing rocks, navigating hills and splashing through water. Most of the participants drive Jeeps, but other off-road vehicles can be used in the sport.

"We're trying to get more attention to the East Coast," Curry said. "When you get into the true sport of it, a lot of people who are involved are a lot older than what you would expect."

The Aggressive 4x4 Concepts Off-Road Club has members from Charlotte, N.C.; Columbia; and Andrews. The club has 16 members and is one of the smaller clubs on the East Coast, Curry said.

Vendors at Saturday's event displayed some equipment used in the sport.

About 100 off-road vehicles were on display at the fund-raising event, Curry said.

The idea is in its beginning stages, and the plan was not familiar to some Brunswick County commissioners.

An off-road park would need to be in an isolated area and would require special zoning, said Anthony Clemmons, a Calabash commissioner.

"It would have to be done in a rural area; you can't have it near residential areas for obvious reasons," he said.

"You always look at the impact on the state and local area. I think it would serve a lot of people and teach safety about four-wheeling. This would allow people to stop using areas that may not be their property and might be unsafe to use."

Greg

BRUISER said:
SO StudNuts,

You making your own tube chassis now???

Yep. That particular chasis pictured there was raffled off at the event. I have another exact duplicate of that chasis that im going to build a comp buggy with, and I have several more(different designs) in construction right now.

StudNuts said:
Yep. That particular chasis pictured there was raffled off at the event. I have another exact duplicate of that chasis that im going to build a comp buggy with, and I have several more(different designs) in construction right now.

WOW you donated that chasis to the event and they raffled it off???

That is one hell of a prize..

Back