Mossy v2(022)

Opened the back of the slider boxes about an inch... no change in ride height, but should get a little more uptravel šŸ¤«
20221010_190749.jpg

Had a conflict for this weekends get together, so @Tater and hit decided to hit URE this weekend for the Veterans Ride.
Not much has changed, but some spots have gotten kinda enjoyable!
Saw many of you there (unfortunately, only recognized @Mulishajoe and @OlJeeps by face) and had a great time. Only pics I took all weekend šŸ¤«

20221112_172140.jpg20221112_184416.jpg

Had planned to take her down to a Memorial Ride benefiting a fallen Marine (Al-Anbar 2005) brother's scholarship/charity, but still haven't installed the replacement shifter cable and a requisite heat-sheild (to prevent a repeat melted cable)...
So, her annual bath, nut/bolt, will be coming soon šŸ¤£
20221226_163632.jpg

Managed a trip to town for the local "car show". Actually cruised home, after being chased away by biblical flood, at 55MPH... about 15 faster than pucker factor allowed previously.
20230729_160331.jpg

OK, so it took 1.5 years šŸ¤«, finally got the front-end squared away. Yanked everything from the knuckles out and replaced with new spindles, "rebuilt" Ford hubs (new Timkens/seals), full set of ECGS cromos/SuperJoints and some MM lockouts (Stop now! The white metal guts are *EXACTLY* the same as Warns, save the "Patent #" molded in, have the same "lifetime" warranty and were 50-65% LESS).
20230826_195756.jpg

Also managed to swap and heavily heat shield the new shifter cable and swapped from cable to synthetic rope. Worked great when a buds (redonkulous spacer & Stickies clad) 9" sheared the lugstuds and was used to lift the entire ass end of his "buggy" šŸ¤­

20230609_213649.jpg

Working out an issue with belts (šŸ¤¬ slipping/squalling) with new alt pulley & Gates belts (fingers crossed) before the upcoming Veterans Ride...

Last edited:
Well took months! Dropped the Jeep with local tranny guy early Jan... he called to say it was ready 6 weeks later. So, drove it the 19 miles home, only take a shat (was engaged, but no movement & fluid burnt) going up the hill to shop šŸ¤¬

Due to "technical issues" (double replacement rear pinion seal on the SuperDuty), finally got it back to him this past Sunday afternoon. Call me *thoroughly shocked*, but he called Wednesday to say it was ready, again... stating "mismatched parts pump parts" and "I should've caught it during reassembly".

He said it was all back to new again and "don't let it get away from you" šŸ¤£ When pressed, he said the "shifts were immediate, so no chance of burning clutches". After the 19 miles back to the house, I concur... 1st>2nd is brutal and 2nd>3rd "very firm".

Hopefully, will be able to test it well before first wheeling trip. Time to work on the resulting exhaust leaks, a couple tweaks/upgrades, and whatever jumps out at me before the 1st (Blueridge Jeepfest benefitting a local teen with traumatic brain injury from vehicle accident caused by drunk illegal 4/20), 2nd (Cpl. Jonathan W. Bowling Memorial Ride 4/27), & 3rd (2024 Jeepster JAM @ the backside of Windrock 6/19-23) outings...20240314_195505.jpg

Back