monster tow rig

this thing is so cool but i have to ask why the eaton behind that motor? why not a nv5600?
idk but i thik that would be too much gear changing, and if you really needed it you could just go buy a cxt or something of that nature?

my original plan was to use a nv4500. i actually had all the parts to do it. nv5600 pritty expensive and hard to come across for a good price. then i came across a fl70 frieghtliner for a sweet deal with the 6bt and it had a fuller 6 speed. behind it. so i had all the adapters to bolt the 13 speed up. plus i paid $800 for the 13 speed. nv5600 were around 1200 and nv4500 was around 1000. plus i wanted to do something different.

Nothing wrong with doing something different. This will be really cool when its finished. keep up the good work Tim. I can't wait to see this thing roll thru Boone on the way to Mtn City. It will most certainly scare all the stupid hippies.

Nothing wrong with doing something different. This will be really cool when its finished. keep up the good work Tim. I can't wait to see this thing roll thru Boone on the way to Mtn City. It will most certainly scare all the stupid hippies.

LMAO!

my original plan was to use a nv4500. i actually had all the parts to do it. nv5600 pritty expensive and hard to come across for a good price. then i came across a fl70 frieghtliner for a sweet deal with the 6bt and it had a fuller 6 speed. behind it. so i had all the adapters to bolt the 13 speed up. plus i paid $800 for the 13 speed. nv5600 were around 1200 and nv4500 was around 1000. plus i wanted to do something different.

well hell thats way worth it, i think its pretty cool wish i had the fab skills to do all that. love those cc dually square bodys and yours sits up just right

You need one of the 40 or so allison/t-case combos they have a DH Griffin. Makes a 205 look like a sami t-case.

ai154.photobucket.com_albums_s260_rockmafia1_IMG00007_20100208_09591.jpg

As far as the 13 spd goes, it drives like a 9 speed, but you can split the top 4 gears. Shift 1-5, flip to high range then 6-9. You won't have to shift them all. It's unsycronized, so you have to double clutch, or float gears without using the clutch.

I like floating them. I do that with my NV4500 since the synchros are bad, it's easier to me too.

ALL Dodge transmissions suck... I mean break, when you put some power to them. No one makes 5600s anymore, and most rebuildable parts come from india. When I was looking for 5600s the used ones were more than remaned. Awesome build.

Oh yea...MANTRANS WILL ROB AND LIE TO YOU. May the owner be stung by a thousand bees and run over over two trucks.

But this thing is beyond rediculous, would love to rock this haha. See if ya can't get some cocky asshole in an f350 to hook up to ya.

See what Tim Doesn't realize is that by building and driving this rig it legally binds him to come pull back to back with it at my Grudge Pulls . . . You can look it up, State Law :smokin:

A little more tech, a 12513 or a 14513 speed gives you three reverses if you are good in backing! What litre engine is it? 5.9, 8.3, 8.9 or what? Are you going to inter cool it or is there enough room? Chevy made class 8 deisel road tracters back in the late 60's and early 70's. Basically a 2 1/2 ton truck with a looooong hood! Always wanted to build one and put a same year bed on it and make a dually out of one. Your build is awesome!

A little more tech, a 12513 or a 14513 speed gives you three reverses if you are good in backing! What litre engine is it? 5.9, 8.3, 8.9 or what? Are you going to inter cool it or is there enough room? Chevy made class 8 deisel road tracters back in the late 60's and early 70's. Basically a 2 1/2 ton truck with a looooong hood! Always wanted to build one and put a same year bed on it and make a dually out of one. Your build is awesome!

5.9 intercooled

i have to say i have seen it up close its sweet and that guy has mad skills his rock buggy is so cool oh i got those axels in my yj the ones i got from jason thanks all they work fine for me

pics

well i painted it, looks pritty good.

Attachments

• paint 001.JPG
    paint 001.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,551
  • paint 002.JPG
    paint 002.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,496
  • paint 003.JPG
    paint 003.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,490
more

more

Attachments

• paint 004.JPG
    paint 004.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,551
  • paint 006.JPG
    paint 006.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,470
  • paint 007.JPG
    paint 007.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,570
hood

first one who can name the bump in the hood gets a prize, if you already know keep your mouth shut. got to keep it fair.

I would call it Johnny.

For turbo clearence?

Back