Military Training Gone Wrong at URE. Hummer on Fire!

buddyantunez1

Friend of a friend took these pics earlier today. Looks like the 3rd ledge at the top of Daniel.

Anyone have any more info?!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Military Training sounds odd especially since the only one and not a team helping extinguish it out? Sure it wasn't privately owned?

Hmmm, guess URE is the closest thing in NC that resembles Afghanistan... Oh wait. URE is the only last public mountainous terrain off road park left.:eek:

from what I understand there were other Humvee's there. Only one had an extinguisher, and someone else at the park let them use the ones they had but it was too late.

I saw those same pictures about 30 minutes ago.

apparently its being dragged down the trail right now...

and who's gonna clean that damn mess up?

oh,look at the tires in the first photo..don't they seem a bit large or aired way up or something? They just don't look right to me.

I was told it was the Military.

We / they go up there training all the time. Looks to be either Psy Ops or SF support folks. Train up there as that is close to the stuff they drive on in Asscrackistan.

And most military folks have no clue as to airing down their tires. For most of them this is about the only time they will drive on any terrain like this. Sad as that may be. The military drivers trainers are not training them to air down at all. Airing back up downrange is a pain though to be honest.

I kept looking for Used Fire Extinguishers, laying on the ground. "IF", it is Military, & only 1 of the group had an extinguisher, Somebody is in Deep :poop:
I would think, like a commercial registered truck, the Fire Extinguisher, is Required.

It was military, we watched them haul the leftover bits and pieces back and attempt to load it up, honestly it was nearly comical watching them attempt to pull it onto an 8x8, also sadly they left a large amount of trash on the trail including a half melted battery

Our Tax dollars wasted.

That vehicle wouldn't be my choice for anything on Daniel, doesn't surprise me they got stuck

Back