[Mar 30, 2013] 2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree - March 30, 2013 (Uwharrie, NC)

Press Release - 01-11-2013

2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie OHV Jamboree

March 30, 2013

Mission Statement: “Bringing all Uwharrie off-highway vehicle (OHV) users together to aid in recruiting volunteers and to raise awareness to ‘TREAD Lightly!’ So that the Uwharrie National Forest OHV Trail System can develop and be maintained”

This years’ Jamboree is expected to draw a big crowd again!

The Uwharrie OHV Jamboree is entering its second year and will be larger and with more events than last year. The Jamboree focuses on the off-road: Jeep, 4WD, Dirt Bike, ATV and ROV (Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle)/Side by Side crowd in Central North Carolina. The Jamboree is located in the Eldorado community of Montgomery County, across the street from the Eldorado Outpost on NC Highway 109, 10 miles North of Troy. The Jamboree is in conjunction with the Uwharrie National Forest OHV Trail System opening March 29. This weekend has proven in the past, to be the busiest weekend at Uwharrie!

This event is promoted by Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center, Kevin Powell Motorsports, USDA Forest Service-Uwharrie Ranger District, NC4x4 and TREAD Lightly!

This year’s events will include: Test drive/ride smaller off-road vehicles on the ‘Kevin Powell Motorsports Off-Road Test Track”, Test drive full-size 4WDs and Jeeps on the ‘UORTC Off-Road Test Track’, Helicopter Rides provided by Charlotte Helicopters, 4WD Club Booth’s, Air National Guard HMMWVs, OHV Parts – FREE Swap Meet, USFS Booth, TREAD Lightly! Booth, Free RTI Ramp, Food and UORTC4x4Games.

The UORTC4x4Games are definitely a unique experience and fun. Teams will be tackling some interesting challenges. These games include: ‘Balance beam’, ‘Roll to the Line’, ‘Blind Dog Run’, ‘Spear the Ring’, ‘Ball and Post’ and ‘Nudge the Jug’. There will be prizes and trophies given out to the winning teams. Both ROVs and 4WDs may enter the UORTC4x4Games with a maximum of 30 teams.

This is a family event and no alcohol is allowed. Admission is FREE. The gates will open at 9 AM.

For more information visit www.UwharrieJamboree.com or e-mail us at info@UwharrieJamboree.com

Lake Norman Powersports a Can-Am dealer is coming for the first time!! www.LakeNormanPowersports.com Those powerful, performance oriented Can-Am's will be at the Jamboree to test drive! EXCITEMENT!!

Last edited:
CLUBS! Sign up to participate in the Jamboree. Recruit, display, enter the games and volunteer. This event is about keeping the trails open!

Attachments

• Jamboree_Club_Form.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 339
Hey Scott! I know it's too late for this year but what about a RC challenge for next year? I don't have one but I bet some would show up!

Heads up for all coming to the jamboree. Kelly will be baking 75 maple bacon cup cakes to sell so come hungry for home made bacon awesomeness.

I may have issues with a navigator this time around. It may be last minute before I have one. If there are spots open, is there any chance of signing up for the 4x4 games upon arrival?

JOIN The UORTC4x4Games Saturday! They are going to be better than ever! Thanks to 'Tarheel 4WD Center' for the Ring and Pinions and Thanks to 'Two Guys Metal Fab' for designing and making them!! See the thread in 'Uwharrie News'.

Sweet Zj in the pics ya chose. Lol

What time do the games start and what time do you have to be registered by?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget, all ECORS Season racers will earn 25 bonus points just for participating in the 4x4 Games at the Spring Jamboree!!! These points are NOT dropped at the end of the year. So, get your junk fixed and get out there and compete at the games!!!

oh snap! gotta get the jeep home tomorrow then..

Back