Lots of interesting news today

Not trying to be a smartass, but keep scrolling. I dont come here to see a lot of the stuff on here, but I just scroll right on by it. The discussion pertains to current news, so its in the interesting news thread.

The long standing rule of the board is that all political and religious content belongs in the garage. This thread has been borderline several times already.
I'm perfectly fine extracting the discussion into its own thread in the garage if desired. Since it seems to have run its course I'm inclined to just leave it. But if we start going back down the path I'd prefer to break that discussion out as opposed to nuke the whole topic.

The long standing rule of the board is that all political and religious content belongs in the garage. This thread has been borderline several times already.
I'm perfectly fine extracting the discussion into its own thread in the garage if desired. Since it seems to have run its course Im inclined to just leave it. But if we start going back down the path I'd prefer to break that discussion out as opposed to nuke the whole topic.

So sayeth the rules.

touche
Forgot about that.

What was the UN legaleagle or some such?

Yeah, might have been an underscore or something in there. I'd have to go look.

Divide us. Label us. Create a boogieman and we will fight each other...and never upset the safe space of the elected officials who are living lavishly on the fruits of our labor.

I had a sociology professor at NCA&T break bad about this back in the early 90's. I remember it vividly because it was an older black gentleman, and this was shortly after many young black students were growing Afro's and wearing leather medallions with Africa stitched on them in multi colors. The idea that we could have unity AND "rise up" together was a foreign concept.

Well...this happened...

0D046343-5D00-4981-BC70-AECFBE2DF3D6.jpeg

How many 427,428,429, cammers or Cobra Jets etc. cars could I buy for the price of that Hollywood car?

I get the "status" of being in good movie, but now its " Look, I just spent ludicrous money on a clapped out used car "

Its a '68 Mustang, yep, Steve McQueen drove it, great, are folks peeling up the asphalt he walked on and paying for that as well ?

Even if I had fuck you money to do something like that, it wouldn't be on a Mustang, and no car is worth 3.74 million to me.

I get the "status" of being in good movie, but now its " Look, I just spent ludicrous money on a clapped out used car "

Its a '68 Mustang, yep, Steve McQueen drove it, great, are folks peeling up the asphalt he walked on and paying for that as well ?

Even if I had fuck you money to do something like that, it wouldn't be on a Mustang, and no car is worth 3.74 million to me.

I went on a beer run one summer night in 1982, riding shotgun in a pristine 68 or 69 428cj 4spd. Mustang. What a ride ! A cary cop pulled up right after we got back to the parking lot at the bowling alley.He had obviously heard the car screaming around town and was in awe of the CJ. After looking the car over w the rest of the crowd he demanded to have a ride and he took that ride.

Last edited:

See...here’s the thing though...I’m gonna assume if I have the kind of f*ck you money to buy a $3.7mil 68 mustang...I could afford to crush it just for the notoriety...like the anti-Ron Pratte. But, I’m also the kind of guy where if I had the money to own an NFL franchise, I would have signed and started Colin Kaepernick just to see him get broken in half to put an end to his bull shit. This is also why I can’t have nice things. The key to being a crazy sonuvabish isn’t always being a crazy sonuvabish...it’s folks not knowing if you’re bluffing this time or not.

Last edited:
See...here’s the thing though...I’m gonna assume if I have the kind of f*ck you money to buy a $3.7mil 68 mustang...I could afford to crush it just for the notoriety...like the anti-Ron Pratte. But, I’m also the kind of guy where if I had the money to own an NFL franchise, I would have signed and started Colin Kaepernick just to see him get broken in half to put an end to his bull shit. This is also why I can’t have nice things. The key to being a crazy sonuvabish isn’t always being a crazy sonuvabish...it’s folks not knowing if you’re bluffing this time or not.
Trump

Wonder why they couldn't find any women to ride with them?

Back