Let's help out a fellow wheeler

You guys are in ours prayers and GodSpeed to her Health...Try to stay positive..
Mike and Kerry Proctor

Come on guys dig deep, times are hard for me to but not as tough as Kevin has it

God bless you guy's. Hope she gets well soon.

Thanks to BDB.

If its ok with nc4x4...i can make some nc4x4.com stickers to donate for the fundraiser.can put them on your rigs,haulers etc...i have one on my build..will post a pic of it tonight.

HUGE thanks to BDB!!

Also, I DO see the payments coming in folks, not going to call them out 1 by 1 here or anything but they are greatly appreciated!!

Kevin, Sorry to hear about it buddy. I haven't been on here in a while, so I am still trying to catch up. God bless you and your wife. I hope everything works out for the best my friend.

I think the scrap steel idea is really cool!!

Virtual ride makes alot of sense too / we are also thinking of doing a ride of some sort as a fundraiser, will update here as we find out more stuff...

X2 I have some scrap laying around too

ALso, for the BDB raffle, I will not be able to go that weekend but I do have a couple of items to donate. Is anyone going from around Raleigh that I can give these to or network so it gets there.

WOW!
Had to work last night, and didn't get to read all this until this morning. I have often said I have made some great friends off this forum, and the proof is here. What better group to find friends.
BDB's you guys are awesome! If other groups step up like you all have, it will be no time at all till Kevin and Mellisa's money worries are over.
To all who have donated already, thanks so very much!

Keep the ideas rolling in. When I am a little more rested, I will make some plans with some of you folks to turn the ideas into reality.

what an awesome group of folks we have here on this board.

Chip

Also, I almost forgot. Im a premium member on Powerstroke.org and I was going to put the info on a new thread there as well with the paypal address and Kevins situation. Would this be a problem getting it out all over the country because The Org is massive and alot of good guys over there as well or would he like to keep more local for now

Mike, I don't think there is such a thing as "too many" in this case. By all means, post this story up, and on as many other places as you know of.

Kevin and family my thoughts and prayers are with you

I have posted this on 2 other wheeling forums

I have met some great people on here and on the trails and it is really great to see people want to help and to stick together, who knows it could be me needing it tomorrow.

On another note. I have a friend of mine that had alot of the same symptoms that your wife has and she was in and out of the hospital alot also. They finally found that a portion of her intestines had twisted thus stopping circulation in that part. They had to remove approx. 18" of her intestines but she is back to as close to normal as she can get right now.

Anyway good luck and GOD bless ya'll

CHIP if I can help you organize anything let me know since we are close together and I will see you at the FARM next weekend..

Kevin, I met you one time a long time ago very briefly. Unfortunately I'm not in much of a position to help as much as I'd like, but I would like to throw this out to everyone.
I created a graphic that I'm willing to make die-cut stickers of. ALL monies generated from it would go to Kevin and Melissa. Not sure how far we can get the word out on this, but I was able to gather over $800 on the SaveTellico.org stickers to donate to SFWDA.

I'm going to cut 100 of these stickers and I hope to sell ALL of them. I'll be glad to cut more after that if need be. I hope I do!

Melissa&KC4X4.gif

Price is $10 and for those interested, please email me at:

kc4x4
@
crazy8graphics
.com

Please include Name, Quantity ordered, Mailing address and Payment Method (Paypal or MO's please).

No color choices, this is set to be a metallic gold similar to the image (depending on your screens color calibration).

ALso, for the BDB raffle, I will not be able to go that weekend but I do have a couple of items to donate. Is anyone going from around Raleigh that I can give these to or network so it gets there.

I'm planning to attend the Farm event and can haul anything from the W-S area. If nobody from RTP is heading that way, maybe they'll be coming this far?

I have 4 Rubicon Express shocks for a 3.5 lift, just about brand new
I have a Rubicon Express Adj. rear trac bar
I have a front hitch style shorty bumper
All these parts fit a TJ
I will donate to the raffle if anyone can network it to get it there because I cant make it that wekend. Raeigh area
Im not going to use them because Im selling the Jeep. Was going to Ebay or sell on here but Kevin can use them instead

When is the auction? I will get some nice leather furniture to auction off. I met Kevin and his family about 3 years ago when I bought some wheels off of him. Great guy but he would not let me low ball him:flipoff2:

I love this board. We can call each other dumb shits then come together to help out one of our own.

If we could get volunteers from the major cities that are going to the FARM this weekend that are willing to volunteer to carry the various goodies offered down there for the raffle?

I know CaverDave has volunteered for the Triad area, please PM him directly. (Or me / I can relay to him, I work in Greensboro, live in Kernersville...he works / lives in Winston Salem)

Do we have a volunteer coming from RTP area that can help out?

I imaging UPNOVER can probably help / he will have to relay the area he is from.

A HUGE thanks for the items folks!

Kevin, I met you one time a long time ago very briefly. Unfortunately I'm not in much of a position to help as much as I'd like, but I would like to throw this out to everyone.
I created a graphic that I'm willing to make die-cut stickers of. ALL monies generated from it would go to Kevin and Melissa. Not sure how far we can get the word out on this, but I was able to gather over $800 on the SaveTellico.org stickers to donate to SFWDA.
I'm going to cut 100 of these stickers and I hope to sell ALL of them. I'll be glad to cut more after that if need be. I hope I do!
Melissa&KC4X4.gif

Price is $10 and for those interested, please email me at:
kc4x4
@
crazy8graphics
.com
Please include Name, Quantity ordered, Mailing address and Payment Method (Paypal or MO's please).
No color choices, this is set to be a metallic gold similar to the image (depending on your screens color calibration).

Apparently there was a delay in the time I set the email account up. I've received a few test emails bounced back, and Sam PM'd that he got the same. If you haven't heard from me directly on your order either by email or pm, please try again. sorry for inconvenience.

On the USED items.. let's do this instead of including those in the raffle!!

Place them in the for sale area for a VERY VERY reasonable price and then mark them as "All proceeds to KC4x4" so folks that are interested in buying that item will know they are getting a bargain on your part PLUS helping out a bud!

For example, see Yager's brush guard ad!!

For the raffle, I know personally if I was winning something I would want it to be either NEW or "universal" ie something anyone can use, oil, tow straps, etc.

Brand specific NEW items are welcomed (much easier to turn around and resell if the winner does not own that brand)
Thanks again to everyone reading this!!

So Kevin, my Doctor friend emailed me back, and said without lab results he is kind of in the dark (which I suspected either way)

HOWEVER, he did suggest maybe trying out a University Hospital (Duke or Wake Forest?) He said there, doctors are more willing to try and solve mysteries like this because it gives the school a boost, but they are more likely to keep pursuing using Med. Students, and residents more so than a regular hospital would. He also said they tend to ask attendings more than a regular doctor, who are always on the forefront of medical research.

I know you mentioned she has been at Baptist already, but its worth a shot.

I have several new items that i'd be willing to give for the raffle, if someone is going to the Farm Event from the Brevard area. Please give me a call to arrange the pick up.
Johnny Sherman 828-883-7375

Hey Kevin, sad to hear about Mel bud. I was reading through this, and through my few experiences with hospitals i know i didnt have insurance for a long while nor the money to cover it. Look into Charity Assistance Programs through the hospital. I know they wrote off $7k in bills for me at one point as I was indigent.

Also, prior to the day this happened what was she doing do you know? ie: Work, at the park, yardwork, etc?

I am not in a "major" City" but if you have something that needs to be taken down, I am in Morganton, but either I or My wife Leslie can make a trip into Rutherfordton, Marion, Asheville, or Hickory to pick up.

Someone from BDB please PM me a number or call me 828 475 4370. I can be down early to help set up. Leslie and I can also Volunteer to help sell raffle tickets and will be visible in our CTB apparel.

For those attending, don't be surprised if there is a "toll" on an obstacle. Bring cash or change, it might cost ya a dollar ticket or be shunned by the "ya can't make it troll" if you ain't prepared! LOL

Some of you here may not have physical items for the auction. If you have your own business and provide a service, make up a "gift Certificate" and donate that.ie:
Free oil change
Free car wash/detailing
Free tire rotation

The ideas are endless!

Leslie and I discussed this morning about instead of gifts to our kids this year( all adults) to give them a card stating that $XX.00 has been donated to Kevin and Mellisa fund in their name and giving those moneys spent to them. (sure will make Christmas shopping a lot easier!

Maybe some of you in Churches could get your parish to hold a Pinto bean and cornbread, Spaghetti, Country Ham Dinner, BBQ dinner or what ever, to give proceeds to this fund.

More to come

I have no idea what to say, other than you two are pretty damn tough to go through all of this. Our prayers go out to you both......

Kevin has treated me w/ nothing but kindness & generosity every time I've talked to him.

I'm up for anything to pitch in & help out.....

D

Back