KOH

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
anyone headed out?

I'm thinking of heading out with the buggies and helping out 4472 and spend a couple days wheeling. Thinking of flying the wife and kids out for a day or two of wheeling then heading to Big Bear for a couple days of skiing.

Anyone else up for a a trip? :D

In.

Come by and drink some Gentleman Jack ;-)

I'm like Karatejosh and would like to go but I have no idea what it takes in terms of time and resources

I'm like Karatejosh and would like to go but I have no idea what it takes in terms of time and resources

I'm sure other people have varying opinions but I've driven it three times and it sucks. I ever go again I'm going to pay someone to haul my shit and rent a car and RV.
Of course if you can take a couple weeks off, take your time and hit up other places on the way it's not so bad.

Is it really worth it?

l look at the drive as part of the adventure. Next time l go I’ll just be there the day before the race and hang out for a few days wheeling after the race. Then hit Havasu and sand hollow trails. I’m sure the lake bed is 10x as hectic and busy as when myself, @shawn & @trailhugger were there in 2011.

l know I’m lucky to have a wife that can help drive and is always with me. Never had the problem of finding a co driver for the long hauls.

Yeah. My plan, if all goes well, will be to head out there a few days early and be there a couple days before the race and a couple days after the race. Maybe fly wife and kids out day of race or the next day and wheel for a day or two. Then head to Big Bear for a couple days of skiing. Then drive home.

@rockcity has been talking about going to KOH for something like 10 years.

Every year he says he's gonna go, then he doesn't.

Me? KOH is cool and all, but I'd rather be there without the crowds.

fly wife and kids out day of race or the next day and wheel for a day or two.

You realize that the airport is 2hrs one-way from the lakebed without traffic, and that the race starts at the ass-crack of dawn, right?

You realize that the airport is 2hrs one-way from the lakebed without traffic, and that the race starts at the ass-crack of dawn, right?

To be fair... I have already been to KOH. Robby Gordon even asked for my autograph that one time he raced.

Bri can rent a car and drive. I'll be busy race day. :D

Bucket list trip, but would only do it if I had a rig, RZR or bike to get around on to see the more remote stuff. Would like to run KOM and suffer if I could secure a loaner bike. Logistics of getting mine out there, back and rebuilt before the first GNCC isn't promising.

I think he came up with a hair brained scheme to get a semi/flat bed and haul a bunch of rigs (nellie included) up there from Greenville at one of the club meetings. That was when fuel was way up in price.Think that discussion lasted through one bottle of beer and a price check on the trip. Rob,when you get back to work,I'm sure you can find a hiding place at the Lee Plant and take ya a nap.

This. I wouldn't mind visiting that area once in my life, but it won't be when that race is going on. I hate crowds.

We can always use extra hands if anyone is going to be hanging out race week.

Pre-running
Qualifying prep
Race day prep
Pit strategy

I use a pro pit crew on race day so usually the guys helping me during the week get to relax and watch on Friday. Or they can go out and hang at the remote pits.

Either way, if you’re interested in a full access Koh experience, pm me.

I'm planning to go this year, provided the wheels don't fall off the bus between now and then.

Myself and @loosecannon driving out, hauling at least one rig. Leaving Friday before big race, leaving for home sat/sun after race, tentatively.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jay, you use someone like Baja Pits for pit support?

Yes. The guys I use only pit 4 or 5 cars, so even if two of us roll in at the same time, there’s still plenty of hands.

Last year they moved needed parts for me between pits and tracked our fuel mileage for us.

Back