KOH

Ontario is just down the 15 and easy to get in and out of. I’ve flown in/out of there a lot. A lot better than LA. I miss the trails out there. In stoggard wells which is just outside of victorville there are some pretty gnarly trails but the rocks are sharp as hell. I was lucky to be shown some of victory valley 4wheelers hidden gems and get personal tours it felt like about some of the trails.

Big Bear, summit isn’t bad, there is a bar at the bottom of the mountain. Take a flask and stash beers for the lift rides. They don’t check you too well. But the other ski place on big bear is very much more uppity, like fancy log cabin style buildings. Went to a New Years thing there once’s but didn’t touch the slopes. Snow wheeling out there can get expensive quick, a few friends of mine slid down a hill on gold mountain into each other on some ice and cost each other a good chunk of change. And during the summer time one of the camps has an “it” that works there. It’s creepy but hilarious at the same time because it’s about your height.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have been twice and both times it was a blast. I am a maybe to go back this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We can always use extra hands if anyone is going to be hanging out race week.

Pre-running
Qualifying prep
Race day prep
Pit strategy

I use a pro pit crew on race day so usually the guys helping me during the week get to relax and watch on Friday. Or they can go out and hang at the remote pits.

Either way, if you’re interested in a full access Koh experience, pm me.
I had a blast last year. I'm game for another round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rv s within reason are probably all sold out thats how it was when i looked last year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yay!

Just got the OK from my better half! Head out to KOH for a few days with the buggies and the mini buggy. Then her and the girls fly in and we wheel the hammers for a couple days. Then head to Big Bear for a couple days of skiing!

Now to break the news to work. :D

Anyone want to help with the drive there and back? :)
I have a gooseneck hitch if you have a trailer and rig you want to bring. Otherwise we'd have to figure out a way to get your rig on my 24' deck over with my buggy and mini buggy already on it. May could stick something in the bed of the truck.

Just need to get @MarsFab to finish my buggy in time. :D

No you need to hurry up and get it to me so I can get it done in time lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am racing the UTV class this year #902 Can am X3 and I am always looking for an extra hand with pit support.. I am heading out of the Fayetteville area on the 29th to start the long journey to KOH, if anyone is interested in riding along just let me know...if you guys want to convoy out that would be cool too. I have some room in my trailer if anyone needs something reasonable hauled out.
Pat

Who is @BRUISER taking for his crew?

I wish I'd gone 6+ years ago before it was so popular w/ the huge crowds etc. Now... not interested in dealing with that. I'd love to go visit the area, hit the trails etc at another time.
That said, there have been several times I've been tempted to go just to hang out and help out, then just go elsewhere on race day, or maybe go out to the remote pits to avoid the crowd. But it's always at a terrible time of the year w/ my job.

Who is @BRUISER taking for his crew?

I wish I'd gone 6+ years ago before it was so popular w/ the huge crowds etc. Now... not interested in dealing with that. I'd love to go visit the area, hit the trails etc at another time.
That said, there have been several times I've been tempted to go just to hang out and help out, then just go elsewhere on race day, or maybe go out to the remote pits to avoid the crowd. But it's always at a terrible time of the year w/ my job.
We leave Feb 1st. Only 3 driving the rest are flying.

We have 7 total going. Most are cnc4x4 members.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Id love to go one year and could have a time or two but it just never seems to work out

@REDLYNER was nice enough to let me bunk with the 4410 crew again this year, so to get in prime form I pre-ran in a Mexican resort to get a solid base tan.
28b47a85da4e4d71e89a3f781b2300d8.jpg
9fd8f9a64de631ae9784a9b8ad421219.jpg

Now that my Chi is centered, I'm headed off to the lake bed.

Good luck to all the NC racers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nice enough.... it’s the least I can do!!! Can’t thank you enough for being part of the team.

Back