Jord - Your average 37 Ford Tudor Sedan / Grand Cherokee 4x4 Hybrid

Small update.

This past weekend I was finally able to score a drivers side rear fender and windshield frame for this thing.
I also picked up a radiator and twin electric fans from the good old pick n pull.

Over the last 2 weeks I have just been sneaking out to the garage about an hour a day.

I was able to get the engine buttoned up, put the plug wires on, the manifolds.
Had to drill, tap, and plug the heater port on the water pump.

I did manage to finish the battery cable and start running the fuel lines.

Also finally got the transmission crossmember mounts welded in place.

today I ordered all new door hinges, bear claw latches, etc. Hoping to have working doors soon!!

New rear fender mounted, and the tail lights mounted.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_Taillight_zps2sn0dscr.jpg

This morning before work I started making some fillers to take up the gap around the headlights

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_Bucket_zps8yeydz5w.jpg

This is an interesting build! Like what you did with the grill! Not to derail, but maybe some inspiration for you, here are a couple shots of a original body '37 we just finished repairing after a front end accident. (Repaired front fenders and replaced the damaged grill with a hard to find NOS piece to the tune of over $2.5K) Will keep an eye on this one!
100_3545.JPG
100_3548.JPG
100_3549.JPG

Ok, didn't get anything done yesterday since it was so damn cold. But Friday AM before work I started on making my own air cleaner.. Figured I could make something that fit the car a bit better than the chrome one..

Not anywhere near done, but you get the feel for it here

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_AirCleanerTemp1_zpsg3dqwrnu.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_AirCleanerTemp2_zps0go3c6ux.jpg

I also got the hole for the rear mounted radiator cut.. the black perforated steel is not cutting it, I need to pick up some rusty expanded steel to put in the hole.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_Cooling_20Hole_zps6ze5dwnz.jpg

also the best news, I was able to start the car for the first time today!!!

Over the last week or two, I have just been welding.
I now have a working passenger door, and steering.
I also got a windshield frame, and glass (glass not getting installed until last)

By this weekend all my wiring should be here, so should have working lights soon.
I also ordered a brake booster, master cylinder, brake pedal combo, and a throttle cable...

Still to do... Mount the new parts when they arrive, put hinges and latches on drivers door, mount radiator and fans...
Brake lines... then I think it's onto floors!

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_front_20closer_zpsmujz7vli.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y175_entrefal_37_20Ford_20Tudor_Closer_20Rear_zpsmfxnvmsr.jpg

So, I got a little sidetracked with some work on the 1930, and
knocking out a quick motorcycle build.
BUT, now that those are done, I am back on this car.

This weekend I knocked out the brake lines, and now have brakes.
Got the E-Brake cables, and handle done. Got a license plate light done
(so all the lights/turn signals/etc are working) and some more welding.

I was ready to do mount the radiator, but found a crack in one of the tanks
(Plastic stock Jeep) so now I need to come up with the spare change to order a new one.

Once I manage to get a new radiator in and mounted, I think the last thing is exhaust.
Then finish out the floors and throw in some seats.. The end is getting near!

Looks great dude! You might want to add some rubber on the edges of the fuel cell (under the chain). You probably wont have any issues as is but I'm sure if it were in my junk it would rub a hole in the cell and make a mess.

So Last week I was able to get a new radiator. Spent a little more, but got one that fit in front so that I don't have to run the hoses to the rear
got the hoses on, transmission lines, fans, etc..

I was able to mount both front seats, get the E brake handle mounted and working, and install the windshield along with one wiper.

Today (for you offroad guys) I removed the 249, did an input shaft swap, and installed a 231 transfer case :)

Update.. After a LONG ordeal (started the VIN process first week if Aug) Last weekend I got a letter in the mail with the new VIN #
I went ahead and got my bond, and my insurance.
Monday the DMV inspector came out and applied the VIN #s to the car, and yesterday I picked up the inspectors report, went to the DMV and got my license plates!!

We are good all legal now!

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%201_zpsixfjlwvw.jpg

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%202_zpsuu56afaz.jpg

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%203_zpsywdx9ca8.jpg

Update.. After a LONG ordeal (started the VIN process first week if Aug) Last weekend I got a letter in the mail with the new VIN #
I went ahead and got my bond, and my insurance.
Monday the DMV inspector came out and applied the VIN #s to the car, and yesterday I picked up the inspectors report, went to the DMV and got my license plates!!

We are good all legal now!

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%201_zpsixfjlwvw.jpg

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%202_zpsuu56afaz.jpg

37%20Ford%20Tudor%204x4%20Ratrod%203_zpsywdx9ca8.jpg
Need a right up on the DMV process. Congrats I'd drive that thing all over town.

Do you still have this thing and do you drive it often? It turned out badass man. Glad ya got a title. I went through a title process last year getting one for my 62 Impala.

Still finishing up a few things here and there. Got the 4 wheel drive working today. Had to make a selector lever.. Took it for a little spin

Now, part of me wants to go even more mad max on it, part of me wants to start over with a full tube chassis with integrated cage, 1 ton axles, and go overboard on the offroad side of it, part of me wants to sell it to fund finishing the 66 so I can sell that and get started on the 30.. It sucks having AADD Automotive attention deficit disorder..

4x4Back1_zpsj9ma1hgb.jpg

4x4Back2_zpswks40ofx.jpg

4x4Front_zpsuhojj0aj.jpg

What kind of price you thinking if you sell. I might rob a few piggy banks to buy this thing. It is sweet!

I'm interested as well if you deside to sell it 704 315 3147

This is a sweet build! Keep it up.

Any updates? did you decide to keep? it I've read your build thread over and over, If you decide to sale it I'll give it a good home!

Any updates? did you decide to keep? it I've read your build thread over and over, If you decide to sale it I'll give it a good home!

I ended up having to sell to cover some medical bills my wife came into. I am back here looking for something else to build. I really need another 4x4 other than the RAM daily...

Back