Jeep Masher

Neat rig! Looks very well thought out..

Is the looooong nose to get the wheelbase you were after?

Question.. I see the DE ram, and what looks like a stock tie-rod.. I'm trying to picture the knuckles moving, seems as though they would be fighting each other, or no?

Rich said:

after seeing that...I went back and scanned, but may have missed it...

what is the wheelbase now that it's on the ground?

Greg

Tie rod will come off. Your right, you can't have both. We made the headers which had to go over the frame rails. The headers then determined placement of the front axle. The final results are in from the main office and the wheelbase is 155".

Rich said:
Neat rig! Looks very well thought out..
Question.. I see the DE ram, and what looks like a stock tie-rod.. I'm trying to picture the knuckles moving, seems as though they would be fighting each other, or no?
They do work against each other just havent got around to taking the factory one off.

NO OFFENSE to all you jeep guys I am just tired off all the morons that dont have a clue about any thing,talking shit about everybodys ride most the people that are talking about dana 60s have never even owned one,so how the hell do they know.:beer: :beer: :beer:

i dont think the shafts would be my concern, but i would be worried about the knuckles, especially if they are stock (yes i have had a 60) other than that, i think you built a kick ass rig. it may hold, who knows, only one way to find out...wheel it.

Aaron871 said:
wow, 10 x stronger than a rockwell.
Where can I get more info on these? Will these axles just slide in the stock 60? New carrier, seals, and drive flanges or what? Is there a linky?
edit- http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/
but I didn't see a speck for the strenght rating
Just this chart that I didn't think had the CV's on it http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/graph.html
Those are definetly some bad ass axles...
LONGFEILD CV AXLES ARE MADE BY ROCKWELL... CALLBOBBY LONG HE WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THEM, THE SPECS ARE ON THE NET,I CANT REMEMBER THE SITE I THINK IT IS RCV.COM OR RCVPERFORMACE.COM,JUST CALL BOBBY LONG HE WILL TELL YOU,HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SELL THEM,lifetime warranty ,slide right in a 60 $2300.00 a pair 35spline in and out, drives flanges or hubs

Will you be putting some kind of nose back on? I.E. s-10 grille and a makeshift hood? or will you just run it like it is?

Just wondering

Looks like it's gonna be fun to thrash

52's said:
NO OFFENSE to all you jeep guys I am just tired off all the morons that dont have a clue about any thing,talking shit about everybodys ride most the people that are talking about dana 60s have never even owned one,so how the hell do they know.:beer: :beer: :beer:
I've owned d-60's. So have 8 or 9 others in the Muddevils. Do you have stock knuckles-those won't last long. Seen them break with 39's and 42's, yea even the chevy ones. Housing? those break/bend as well. Same with the r/p, don't care what kind of gears you have. Hope you at least got drive flanges. 52's and a sixty is right in line with 44's and a d-44 or 39's and a 30 "thats as strong as a d-60 cause I got alloy shafts." You seem to like to talk smack so there you go. I won't even start with the rockwell stuff.

This is with 38.5's ....If you decided to upgrade to Dedenbears..let me know I'm a dealer.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v478_gmanstone_100_0132.jpg

How about a pic with a front driveshaft in. Pics look as if it is a tight squeeze to snake it through the control arms.

Good lookin rig no doubt.

How about a pic with someone standing next to it? Just for grins.:D

nothin is unbreakable however ive seen d30s go trhough uwharrie pulling 39.5 without trouble and ive see d44 go thought tellico with 44s no problem the idea hes going with is if u build it big enough that u can cruise over everything then u are less likely to break how many of u have ever broke on a easy trail.. not many but u always break when u have to give it hell. so i say make it huge and it will take less of the rigs full potential to do the trail

anybody that really wants to know about this rig can go to tellico next week were leaving tuesday and well be there to sunday

Takes a lot of time and money to mash a JEEP. Did you have enough of both?

Back