Jeep 4.0 electric fan

Flex fan....

I would not recommend this ^ (even though it goes against my better judgment to disagree with @shawn...)

A stiff blade mechanical fan with no clutch may be doable, but don't use a flex fan. They are meant to flatten out at higher rpms to save HP with the intention vehicle speed providing airflow over the radiator. In your case you will need that fan pulling air while you are revving the piss out of the motor while sitting still trying to get over that rock.

I would not recommend this ^ (even though it goes against my better judgment to disagree with @shawn...)

A stiff blade mechanical fan with no clutch may be doable, but don't use a flex fan. They are meant to flatten out at higher rpms to save HP with the intention vehicle speed providing airflow over the radiator. In your case you will need that fan pulling air while you are revving the piss out of the motor while sitting still trying to get over that rock.
The only thing to add to this is be aware of the rpm rating of a mechanical fan. Most non flex (paddle) fans only have a 5-6000 rpm rating. That's FAN speed, not engine rpm. You have to figure out the water pump to crank pulley ratio and multiply that (usually 1.25:1) by Max engine rpm to find Max fan rpm. With the usual ratio at 6000 engine the fan and water pump are at 8000. There are higher rates paddle fans out there, but a lot you see at the parts store are low rpm.

I have both on my truck, but it's got plenty of Underhood space. I have a 7 blade flex fan and a 17" electric fan between the mechanical fan and the radiator inside the shroud. The electric comes on low with the AC (yes, I put ac on my trail rig, I'm fat and hate sweating) it kicks on high regardless of ac if temp gets to 225. Before I had a decent shroud I needed it to get the AC cold at low speed, and it would kick on high if I was beating on it. Since I built a shroud and cut the inner fenders to let heat out, it hasn't come on high since. I have a light that shows when high speed is on. The flex fan plus the low speed electric keep it less than 210.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Just to give you an idea, this is a pic of my volvo fan on a yj 4.0. I trimed the stock shroud way down. You could gain about 1/2" to 1" by offsetting it a little more. I haven't wheeled it in these hot summer months yet but it does great in stop and go traffic. The high speed kicks in and the temps drop instantly.
36e701a0f85674426fdaa18c1fb3f9c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just to give you an idea, this is a pic of my volvo fan on a yj 4.0. I trimed the stock shroud way down. You could gain about 1/2" to 1" by offsetting it a little more. I haven't wheeled it in these hot summer months yet but it does great in stop and go traffic. The high speed kicks in and the temps drop instantly.
36e701a0f85674426fdaa18c1fb3f9c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That just confirms that it probably won't fit.
My motor is a good 1.5-2 inches forward from stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back