[Jan 4, 2013] First Ride of 2013,..The Flats Benefit Jan 4-6th 2013 (Marion NC)

Had a great time always and already looking forward to next time! Broke a chromo outer shaft, blew a hub, bent a wheel and leaf springs. After riding with some crazy redneck in CJ, going to have a 406 SBC and tons in mine for the next ride! Here's a few videos my buddy took.

The one pic I took at the flats.
uploadfromtaptalk1357540265223.jpg

Had a good time. Somehow my junk made it back on the trailer under its own power.

Sent while I should have been doing something constructive...

And the sign of a good weekend.
uploadfromtaptalk1357540359035.jpg

Sent while I should have been doing something constructive...

image.jpg
image.jpg
here are 2 photos from my flop... Will have some videos up soon

You know... I was thinking that added extra weight

I like seeing everyone's photos. Wish I took more...but for what it is worth, here are mine.

Sami near Playground.jpg

My friend out of Charleston with a rig that won't die.
Oliver's Drive Shaft Buggy.jpg

Best roll of the year. Hope man and machine are doing well.
Mud Bugs.jpg

These two guys were fun to watch ripping up the mud :)
Stuck in Yard.jpg

Wheeled all day and then I got the tow rig stuck at home.

I had so much fun I didn't have time to take many photos. Will see if the others in our group got some and post them up soon!

Last edited:
I showed up later on Saturday, rode until dark, had a blast, then rode for a while on sunday, beat on the YJ pretty hard lost a u-joint and a dana 60 yoke, thanks to larry for the ready welder we got it back together

And I am sore today,
great turnout, great ride for a great cause:driver:

Had a great time as usual!! Glad to see that HUGE crowd that came out and supported Rock Corps for 2 great causes!!
I have to say I love my XJ!!! She is awesome, made it up some trails that I thought I would not.
Glad to see alot of you again, always a great time!! Till next time...

First, thanks to Rockcorps4x4 for a great event.

b) I hope everyone that flipped, flopped, or rolled is okay.

2) The Marion mud is like silly putty. Thick and sticky.

C) Thanks to the guys in the red Toyota pickup behind me on Laurel. They winched a log out that was jammed under my Jeep and spotted for me. Thanks for your help and patience.

View attachment 59112
Best roll of the year. Hope man and machine are doing well.

That was me. Big thanks to everyone who help roll the Oliver's buggy back on all four. That was one hell'va ride! I feel like I was in a car wreck today.

Thx for having us all Rock Corps, love that place!

If anybody happens to have my wild, barrel roll on video, I'd love to see it.

Thx!

Dave

I had a great time, even though I broke a drive shaft and a heim joint in the first five min, but to some great guys it was fixed by noon. My front drive shaft angle is to sharp with the narrowed 60. I hope to make it back in April. Thanks to Rock Corp for a great place to ride and some good friends.

I had a great time, even though I broke a drive shaft and a heim joint in the first five min, but to some great guys it was fixed by noon. My front drive shaft angle is to sharp with the narrowed 60. I hope to make it back in April. Thanks to Rock Corp for a great place to ride and some good friends.
And who else would have a 3/4" lh thread heim joint as a spare?
Pleased to meet you dude.
Later, Paul...

As always, had a blast!! Thanks to the Rock Corp guys!! Started the day out with WAAAAYYYY too much tire pressure, and ended the day with two flats, but its all in good fun! I think I may have angered the 4 squirrels too! Heres some proof i was there

The party wagon
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b306_ObeseFieldMouse_58594_10151304784324360_72742683_n_zps0a6af039.jpg

12psi in all 4 tires = drag that junk out of tank trap
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b306_ObeseFieldMouse_stuck2_zpsd7da5d22.jpg

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b306_ObeseFieldMouse_Stuck1_zps2d4ca996.jpg

A cute flop at the top of twist it
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b306_ObeseFieldMouse_Sideways_zpsb154074e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMh_Hfg3Iws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUket-c-UXY

Just for the record, the picture with the guy sitting on the hood while rig is being winched out of tank trap is not condoned by Rock Corps at all.It is not safe, and it is not smart!

Back