[Jan 4, 2013] First Ride of 2013,..The Flats Benefit Jan 4-6th 2013 (Marion NC)

Just for the record, the picture with the guy sitting on the hood while rig is being winched out of tank trap is not condoned by Rock Corps at all.It is not safe, and it is not smart!

We only used the winch cable to connect his rig to my Samurai and another rig that were tied together on the top of the hill. The guy then got off the hood and out of the way and we pulled the rig in the tank trap up the hill using the two vehicles tied together. He did not ride on the hood up that hill while activating the winch contrary to what the picture might lead people to believe. The rig was driven into the position in which you see it in that picture, but then could not back up nor move forward.

Very glad there was a good explaination. As you said, the picture leads us to think the worse with the cable tight and all.
Thanks for clearing this up. We actually had to get on to MANY folks for not wearing belts, given one of the reasons we were having this benefit, that was hard to believe. We also had to stop some folks that had a guy standing up, in the back of a pick up truck, trying a hill climb, and then there was the one who had a baby in the lap of a passenger. So yeah, as safety minded as we are, we have many reasons to be.

Yea, he was there to assit me (driver) in communication to the guys in the two trucks. Definately wouldn't have him near the cable other than to pull the slack up!!

jimmy, you were there? this must have been on saturday. we got there about noon on sunday and rode till sundown......hate i missed you guys

Sorry it took so long for this. But I will admit, this past weekend took a lot out of me.​
I want to begin with a thank you to all the folks who donated things to the raffle.​
Jim Henneborn, Michael Juarez,Chip Price, Auto Zone(sorry not sure which one).Buckeye Performance, Universal Machine.Neal300 on this board, Metalwerx Fab, Olivers Drive shafts, Dave's Offroad supply, 4X4 Country in Hendersonville, WSI Water Jet systems, Ryan at Fourwheel Parts Charlotte, Brad Barns of Barns 4WD, Tarhill 4WD of Charlotte, Gibbs Hardware in Old Fort, Spring Creek RV, Tom Johnson RV Frankie Maney, Davis towing, Josh Tilley, JT Fisher​
I know for a fact, that there were other folks that contributed to the raffle, but, I don't have record of it. I want to included everyone, so, if you are not on this list PLEASE contact me so I can include you. I believe in giving credit where it is due.​
Now some stand out folks.​
Danny Robbins, Danny Took care of the parking, getting as many in the parking area as possible. He did a great Job!​
Tanya Ellis, Deanna Poplin, Eva(volunteer)Debra, Michelle and Brad and Jason I am sure there were others, these folks took care of the gate. A lot of work, all day! From what I heard it ran smooth​
Steven Banks(Volunteer) David Minton These folks worked as runners and gofers, much needed leg work!​
Billy Payne son n law of Rodney Padgett, was out runner to the store when we kept running out of this or that!​
Cris Coley, Rodney Padgett, Cindy Silver, CL and wife,Judy Davis, and Lisa and Casey Murphy took care of getting the food and drinks, cooking and serving. A lot of work by these folks, and so very much appreciated.​
I started out with Coffee, and here comes Riley Lytle with baked good she personally made! She took over the coffee and did a great Job​
Franky Maney and his lady, Tina, took care of the raffle. Again, a lot of work went into this​
Jason Floyd, give this man a track hoe and he will make you break your rig!​
Brian Cannon, Jeff Maloney, Ed Ferguson,Tony Woody and father, Worked hard up on the trails, keeping traffic jams to a minimum​
I am sure I probably left out someone's name who really added to the event. For that I do apologize.​
Mainly what we are saying is that all of Rock Corps 4X4 appreciates everything everyone did to pull this off.​
We truly want to thank everyone who came out and made this the most successful benefit to date at The Flats.​

Last edited:
Had a bunch of fun. Thanks for the invite. Parking lot was slam packed.
asphotos_b.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash4_1994_4804062791136_1894382535_n.jpg

asphotos_b.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash3_150280_4804063671158_712266157_n.jpg

185698_4804068671283_1665020348_n.jpg

asphotos_a.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_prn1_74517_4804069831312_655747824_n.jpg

asphotos_b.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_ash4_206076_4804076071468_2040543154_n.jpg

Back