How much to replace a Freeze Plug?

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango and I paid $239.00 at one mechanic shop and $100.00 at another. The freeze plugs that needed to be replaced where in the same spot "Behind the Engine Mount." The big difference is how each shop sees the job as well as the quality, scruples, and morals of the mechanic. Remember this, most "NOT ALL" mechanics are trying to keep you coming back. So, they will fix one thing and break or set something else up to fail or break to keep money coming in. That is there version of "JOB/INCOME SECURITY"

This all may be true in this application, but in the case of a vortec 350 leaking from the intake manifold, stop leak is the ticket. Sorry to hijack the thread but the Chevy dealer sells the stop leak tablets for the vortec motors, it works and it doesn't gum up anything. As for this problem, take it to Chase sounds like he'll hook ya up, $60 an hour is cheap around here.

Good buddy of mine used stop leak in a 7.3 for front engine cover, something like a 14 your job. Been working for 2 years in a DD. Gm Tabs worked great back in the day. Ecgs does great work

Good Lord man, this is an OLD thread!! 10 years now wow. FWIW, I have no idea what this thread was even about, who's car it even was now. However I did end up taking my own vehicle to Mintons Automotive and have since then! I don't live in Hickory/Granite Falls anymore, but still schedule my trips home around when I can get my Cherokee to David!

Who the fuck joins a forum just to top a ten year old thread?
Some dude from the Bronx. Hollis in Queens where where all the kewl folks live.
When we're not in south central Los Angeles.

Back