Help a nOOb set up his Coil-Overs in Winston

I came across this vid on You-Tube. Very basic and easy to follow. Completely shot down the 70% link theory I had always lived by.

Thoughts?

I came across this vid on You-Tube. Very basic and easy to follow. Completely shot down the 70% link theory I had always lived by.

Thoughts?

I'll explain more in detail when no on my phone.

He hits a lot of good points, but some explanations are greatly paraphrased and some completely inaccurate.

Antisquat and pinion change can be changed separately.

The antisquat line doesn't set AS value.

The AS value is the percentage, based on the height of where the torque traction line crosses the COG height, and where the antisquat line crosses the same torque traction line.

The IC can be moved horizontally and vertically separately.

It is good practice to make the upper mount adjustable to be able to tune for preference,

However without thorough analysis, your adjustment points could change the AS values at ride height, but net zero changes through travel.

Ex: holes for 60,70,80% AS, yet all three go to 100% AS as soon as the suspension moves position.

I watched the into video and the second video that focuses on AS and pinion change, So my thoughts may apply to both.

The biggest error is that AS does not and can never effect weight transfer.

I'll explain more in detail when no on my phone.

He hits a lot of good points, but some explanations are greatly paraphrased and some completely inaccurate.

Antisquat and pinion change can be changed separately.

The antisquat line doesn't set AS value.

The AS value is the percentage, based on the height of where the torque traction line crosses the COG height, and where the antisquat line crosses the same torque traction line.

The IC can be moved horizontally and vertically separately.

It is good practice to make the upper mount adjustable to be able to tune for preference,

However without thorough analysis, your adjustment points could change the AS values at ride height, but net zero changes through travel.

Ex: holes for 60,70,80% AS, yet all three go to 100% AS as soon as the suspension moves position.

I watched the into video and the second video that focuses on AS and pinion change, So my thoughts may apply to both.

The biggest error is that AS does not and can never effect weight transfer.

*wads up new suspension drawing and throws it in the trash*

lol

I was able to get all the new valving in this weekend. After talking to Ryan a few times, we decided to bump the PSI down from 200 to 150 on all four corners. Backed some of the pre-load off as well, belly is down to 18.25" now.

Looking for to trying it out this weekend at the SHOP.

Back