has anyone taken the NC non-CDL class A license test?

Resurrecting my old thread here on the non-commercial Class A North Carolina driving license. I have had the non-CDL class A now for 7+ years and it's renewal time in a couple months. My question is what will be required for renewal. Will I need to just take the test or will I also need to do the road test with a truck/trailer? There is almost no info on the website on Class A or B licenses.

Its the same as with other licenses. You might have to take a vision test but thats it. For a commercial interstate cdl will have to have current dot physical as well.

Its the same as with other licenses. You might have to take a vision test but thats it. For a commercial interstate cdl will have to have current dot physical as well.
Thanks for the info. I was on hold with DMV yesterday when i posted. Eventually I got to someone that could answer the question (after about 45 min on hold with the wrong people). Duder said there is NO written test on renewal and he confirmed a vision test, road signage recognition and pay your fees and that should be it. No written and no road test. I still can't believe it would be the same as a typical class C but that is great.

Thanks for the info. I was on hold with DMV yesterday when i posted. Eventually I got to someone that could answer the question (after about 45 min on hold with the wrong people). Duder said there is NO written test on renewal and he confirmed a vision test, road signage recognition and pay your fees and that should be it. No written and no road test. I still can't believe it would be the same as a typical class C but that is great.

It's honestly mind blowing how few dmv employees know beyond issuing a standard license. I've never been able to get a decent answer to any question I've ever asked and it's their full time state career.

Back