"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

I was just thinking about this.... since you are wanting a budget build currently....

Why not throw some 33" tires and a budget boost on your current axles and rock out, until you can gather the stuff to build it using the correct parts? weld the axles for what it matters.

you could then gather the parts for you d300/doubler and install it, and then gather parts to do the axle swap. Do the stock control arms flex like long arms? No, but i have seen plated stock arms hold up to abuse with minimal lift. This would allow you to get back in the woods without spending months building.

Also, FYI, Gulches is near you and open most of the year. I would check them out for sure. I believe there is another new park in the upstate also.

Isn't this the gear ratio guys..its the front
0323171540.jpg

I was just thinking about this.... since you are wanting a budget build currently....

Why not throw some 33" tires and a budget boost on your current axles and rock out, until you can gather the stuff to build it using the correct parts? weld the axles for what it matters.

you could then gather the parts for you d300/doubler and install it, and then gather parts to do the axle swap. Do the stock control arms flex like long arms? No, but i have seen plated stock arms hold up to abuse with minimal lift. This would allow you to get back in the woods without spending months building.

Also, FYI, Gulches is near you and open most of the year. I would check them out for sure. I believe there is another new park in the upstate also.
Good idea but I'm over wheeling stock axles lol...I was breaking them left and right so ill wait a little to get it ready

That's not ratio stamped.
Look for other numbers just past those or count the teeth on the ring gear and divide by the number of teeth on the pinion.

Last set of #s was 41-11...is that it..I'm getting lost on counting lollol

It reads...4 17 74 DANA 18515 A3D15 41-11..then go around half way and there's a 757

Well dang..little step from stock 3:55 but not what I was hoping to find..dang it

Ill check rear tomorrow and hope its the same

Anyone have a ballpark of how much lift to expect from 52"Chevy leafs in front of an Xj..or rear. Thank you

I'm moving gas tank inside the rear hatch since its plastic and need room for stretch...do I need to box it in or just strap it down real good, thanks

If your kids going to be in the backseat, Id box it in.
She rides on the greens, some yellows so I guess so. Strap it down good and just box it in with wooden box will suffice?

Why not do the right think and buy a fuel cell they can be had pretty cheap and have to proper straps to hold them down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cause my setup is there and free!! Cmon its me were talking about...fuel cell? Fullers builds aren't near there yet lol

Cause my setup is there and free!! Cmon its me were talking about...fuel cell? Fullers builds aren't near there yet lol
You'll wish you had when your strap brakes and fuel pours out filling the cab with fumes or worse leaks onto exhaust and catches on fire and your on a trail that's not easy for you to get outta the rig while it's on fire

You'll wish you had when your strap brakes and fuel pours out filling the cab with fumes or worse leaks onto exhaust and catches on fire and your on a trail that's not easy for you to get outta the rig while it's on fire

Maybe so but factory setup works just fine and plus, sorry man I don't live on 1:1000000 chances of that happening. Lets please please not go down this "unsafe" crap again..my last Xj proofed that already and then some so please keep advise focused on practical things, thank u

Okay put a smaller Polly tank in. No reason for a tank the size of a stock tank that you only use for wheeling. Save space. Easier to strap down. Stock tank isn't gonna be easy to secure properly, also won't be able to vent right so cab will fill with fumes.

Back