Friends Of Uwharrie Needs YOU!

I know we need the exhaust for it. Pretty much complete exhaust. It is just pointed at the ground right now. Should come up thru the passenger front fender. I have been looking down here but no one wants to just sell it.

What diameter exhaust piping is on the truck? Do you need a muffler? If so, what size? I am an exhaust system engineer at Volvo Trucks, and might be able to get some pipes from a scrapped truck or some some old test pieces. I've got four 5" diameter chrome stacks in my cubicle right now, lol. If you have any pictures of the truck, and what the exhaust system is suppose to look like, I can probably come up with the parts to build a system.

I do not have a picture of what we have up there but this is the same style / type of truck here.

It is a M-51 5 ton dump truck.

Attachments

• id_m51_dump_eastern_02_700.jpg
    id_m51_dump_eastern_02_700.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 448
I know we need the exhaust for it. Pretty much complete exhaust. It is just pointed at the ground right now. Should come up thru the passenger front fender. I have been looking down here but no one wants to just sell it.
The M-51 can have a REO Gas engine, an LD or LDS Multifuel, or a Mack engine. Do you happen to know what engine it has? They all used different exhaust.

The M-51 can have a REO Gas engine, an LD or LDS Multifuel, or a Mack engine. Do you happen to know what engine it has? They all used different exhaust.

No, but that is a darn good question that i forgot about completely. I will be back up there this weekend, and i will look. And get some actual pics.

No, but that is a darn good question that i forgot about completely. I will be back up there this weekend, and i will look. And get some actual pics.
If it is a diesel 99% chance it is an LD or LDS multifuel.

If it is, nice thing is that is you can run it on used motor oil all day long as long as you filter it well.

Where is the truck currently parked?

If it is a diesel 99% chance it is an LD or LDS multifuel.

If it is, nice thing is that is you can run it on used motor oil all day long as long as you filter it well.

Yes, i remember them from back in the 80's / 90's in the Army. Hard to kill.

It's a continental multi fuel

It's currently parked at Debra's house I drove it there yesterday

Last edited:
Turbo.

OK, I have a lead on an M54 being parted, I am checking it this weekend to see if it has what we need.

Exhaust
Transfer case shifter
Parking brake

Anything else?

I was underneath it yesterday and the linkage is pretty shot if we can have it donated no reason not to replace it.

Exhaust I am still hunting.

I should have the linkage and parking brake shortly. Is the whole drum missing on the parking brake, or do we just need drums?

My local guy said there was a place in " i think he said Ashville " but i will check back with him this week and get a number and call them and find out. This was for the exhaust.

It's all there just stuck. I believe

Just saying,
I will haul this to the best exhaust guy around, pay for it and bring it back.
My donation to the cause.
I aint bs'ing.
Let me know.

I'm in, just donated. Also wondering, if the dump truck runs on used motor oil effectively, can we have some kind of collection point, say at Eldorado Outpost, where we can donate fuel for the truck, 6 qts at a time? Better perhaps than giving it to Advanced Auto...

John

I'm in, just donated. Also wondering, if the dump truck runs on used motor oil effectively, can we have some kind of collection point, say at Eldorado Outpost, where we can donate fuel for the truck, 6 qts at a time? Better perhaps than giving it to Advanced Auto...John

I believe the FS is going to donate fuel from their storage tank when the truck is used on FS workdays. Might be an idea we could use though if we start using the truck/loader for other projects.

Sent what I could for now. Would like to be there on the ground to help more often but alot going on this
spring/summer.

Theres a place near Kinston,NC called White Owl motors that has all kinds of "BIG ASS TRUCKS" and buildings that might have parts for said vehicles. I stop once and a while on the way to the coast and look.

I dunno what kind of trucks you guys have, I dont know a deuce and a half from a 3 quarter ton, but this place has em all and then some. May not be open, I've not been by in a while.

Back