EXTREME OFFROAD havelock...goldmine in the shadow

jeepercreature said:
When I think of a hardcore wheeler he is the only person I know of that explodes Detroits everytime he wheels.

See quote #1

jeepercreature said:
I did not mean they break everytime out, just that he does explode detroits because of the high horsepower.

So not everytime out, only when he wheels?
Got It!
Sure Do!

BTW I stand corrected I re-read and you did say he grenades detroits not D60s, then you said he doesnt grenade detroits, then he does but only when helping others in the mud, which shouldnt be often he goes to Tellico all the time and doesnt even break a sweat...

BTW ASSHAT = (look in mirror):flipoff2:

LIEK= 1 fat finger by a drunk :flipoff2: :beer:

ShyHiK5 said:
See quote #1
So not everytime out, only when he wheels?
Got It!
Sure Do!
BTW I stand corrected I re-read and you did say he grenades detroits not D60s, then you said he doesnt grenade detroits, then he does but only when helping others in the mud, which shouldnt be often he goes to Tellico all the time and doesnt even break a sweat...
BTW ASSHAT = (look in mirror):flipoff2:
LIEK= 1 fat finger by a drunk :flipoff2: :beer:

Listen F*ckFace, we get your point, but I think it has been established that I said all the time but was mistaken. If you are trying to start more sh*t let me know and I will play along. If not get over it and get a life.

Life= something you dont have!
:flipoff2:

jeepercreature said:
Listen F*ckFace, we get your point, but I think it has been established that I said all the time but was mistaken. If you are trying to start more sh*t let me know and I will play along. If not get over it and get a life.
Life= something you dont have!
:flipoff2:

Start more shit?
No
This has become my personal haven of anger release. Whenever I have a bad day, I come, read, spot, and point out another lie.. its a fun little game.

As far as no life... It doesn't seem that I am the one on here worshiping at the throne of another man's shop...

I have an idea instead of getting on here and "trying" to point of what you call lies (not everyone is trying to lie, some just make mistakes, its called life or being human) to release go and play a sport. (kickboxing is what I do) As for you having a bad day, sorry can't help with that.

By the way, saying that this is what you do when you want to release after a bad day....well, that kind of makes you have no life. Try to read, ride a bike, draw, something a little more contructive than start something (which is exactly what you are doing) with someone you have never seen or met. You might have to meet that person one day, like say at URE next week and you never know how good of a mood that person my be in. ;)

As for worshiping Extreme Offroad, I dont but I think this thread was about shops you have been to and had work with. I am also going to hire him to start my buggy so I will promote him anytime I can. Its called having friend and I can see why you don't understand.

jeepercreature said:
I have an idea instead of getting on here and "trying" to point of what you call lies (not everyone is trying to lie, some just make mistakes, its called life or being human) to release go and play a sport. (kickboxing is what I do) As for you having a bad day, sorry can't help with that.
By the way, saying that this is what you do when you want to release after a bad day....well, that kind of makes you have no life. Try to read, ride a bike, draw, something a little more contructive than start something (which is exactly what you are doing) with someone you have never seen or met. You might have to meet that person one day, like say at URE next week and you never know how good of a mood that person my be in. ;)
As for worshiping Extreme Offroad, I dont but I think this thread was about shops you have been to and had work with. I am also going to hire him to start my buggy so I will promote him anytime I can. Its called having friend and I can see why you don't understand.
Um... Damn........ :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: for you on that one

extreme offroad is nothing but a sink hole you take your truck there nothing ever gets done you pay for parts that you never see then you finally get feed up and give up with less then you started with i would not recomend this place to anyone unless you just want to give stuff away and as far as jeepercreature you are just being used like the rest of them your stuff will end up in there and never returned in due time

This thread is so <the year before> last year.

well i know alex and i will say 2 things he does great work, when he does it, he did some rearends for me and does great work, but you have to stay on him to do YOURS... i drop off my stuff and ask him how long will it take, 2,3,4 days whatever he says i give him one day extra and tell him i'll be there to get it finished or not... and he's good, but i have a buddy thats been waiting on a solid front axle for 3 years... i just pick and choose what i bring to him...

he is a scam i know many people who never get there things back like the white toyota truck not extremes the guy finally gave up in it getting done then alex ended up with it the big red stepside ford that guy gave up on it the green wrangler alex screwed him out of that actualll out of 2 different custermers on the jeep the blue ford with no bed on it been there for like a year now for a sending unit in the tank multiple other customers have had the same issues with him he is a low down dirty buisness man

done yet

So jeepercreature has that buggy he was going to build for you ever get done or better yet even started or have you seent the real side of thte scam artist and finally ended your friend ship with him

I think John moved to Texas. Don't know about the buggy, but I think he was talking about getting someone in TX to build it. I haven't talked to him in a long while, so I don't know whats going on with him

I'm sure thats his. He had some of my beadlocks and a cage I built and put in there for him (with some of his help). He lived in New Bern I think

if it was a black sierra i know this guy well and in the end he was getting took by this shop and as far as i know he no longer did buisness with this place he was military navy to be exact

do you do your own bead locks if so what are a price for some 15 inch weld ons

I don't do them anymore. Too many people not wanting to pay and poor subcontractors kept me from meeting customer's needs and it ended up screwing me, so I got out of the business.

if it was a black sierra i know this guy well and in the end he was getting took by this shop and as far as i know he no longer did buisness with this place he was military navy to be exact

Yes black sierra and he was Navy. Did he ever move to TX?

not sure lost contact with him i know after he bought that thing he became a junkie for the offroad life style. thats for sure spending the big dollar every where

Well i see you boys have a pretty heated discussion going on here bout said name shop. My name is Don and the other posting has been deleted so i figure i will post on this one. I worked for Alex at Extreme Offroad from nov of 2004 till june of 2004 which is 4 years ago. I new Alex for about 7 years total and we had a good friendship. The type where (he alone on Christmas my family took him dinner stuff like that). But I had a key to his shop givin to me by him so that i caould come in early and do work while he was not around. I personally have no major complant because my truck got built and completed from Alex and I. The time i worked there Tumas started working there and that was that. I never stole anything from Alex or any one else up there. When i left working for him to go else where a bitter streak grew between us and that was pretty much it. After i left is when things started coming up missing and he started really getting crazy agaisnt his friends. I did in fact remeber many trucks that have came up there to have work done that have never left though or left because the owners finnally gave up and took them 1/4 to 1/2. I am not going to ring off a bunch of names there is no sense in it. As far as work goes the man does out standing work I learned a great deal from him an like i said personnally have no complaint other then a ruined freind ship over accusal. I just wanted to clear my name on this and let things be.

Wow. this as gotten a little crazy. relax people. for the record my name is Dan and i also worked for Alex. i did a little part time work from nov 2002 till i became full time in June 2003 to the end of January 2005. i then moved back home to Minnesota. i started out as a customer, became a friend and then was an employee. My original truck i brought down there was not finished. i tried to change to another vehical to hopefully interest Alex enough to get the work i paid for done. but with professional problems (people not paying / wasting his time) and person issues that will not be discussed here, some things were built, some stuff was traded and a few items have their own story. but that story is between Alex and me. I learned a lot from him. he is a good man at heart. but i have also learned a few lessons from my experience from being both a customer and an employee. this goes for ANY SHOP you want to have work done at.
1. get an idea of what you want to have in the end. what kind of wheel'n do you want to do, size of tire (ignore the amount of lift, the technicians will tell you how much is needed based on the design of the suspension and method of using the vehical) and what you are starting with or have for parts.
2. get an itemized quote that includes everything that is needed, this includes having the shop owner / fabricator inspect the vehical the work is to be done on. Under stand that these are current prices and everything is subject to price changes and availability.
3. save up all the money needed and at least 10% over projected costs.
4. make a plan of action for yourself and STICK TO IT. don't redesign the back half the vehical half way thru the build because you had seen something interesting in a magizine.
5. pick the shop to do the work and work with them as to what you need to bring to them. Have a written contract that states the quoted (hopefully locked in prices) of every part expected to be used or needed. have a payment / owner inspection schedual. this makes it easy for you to keep on top of the build and the shop can budget themselves based on you making the payment when or before you are supposed to. also have in writing how much the shop can go over the quoted price before having to get your approval for further parts or labor costs.
If you don't pay on time don't be surprised that your truck is moved to the side. someone has to pay the bills and there is bound to be another customer that has the money right now for there project. If the truck is not on schedual it is up to you when enough is enough and you need to seek a lawyer. And don't pay someone that is not holding up there end of the contract. keep all receipts.
6. becoming friends with someone that is good hearted is a great thing. but bussiness is bussiness. keep the professional and personal things seperate.
thats that for the basic rules
As for the stuff Alex built for me, its great stuff. i always liked his designs. as for any parts he has broken on his own trucks, sometimes things break. if it does he's probably trying something new or in a different way. he is a great driver and a really good person at heart.
Unfortunately i am no longer friends with Alex. things happen and people pick their paths in life. I do hope him the best. especially with the changes in the 4 wheeln community, the high fuel prices we all went thru and the changing economy.
I also worked with Don while he was at Extreme Offroad. I really liked working with him. cool guy. lots of fun to be wheeln or wrenching with.

One of my trucks has been there for almost a year. I paid him in full for a job that was going to take ONE WEEK!! Picked it up in December just to have the Dana 60 brake an axle 2 days later. He has had it ever since and doesn't answer call or return calls. He said sorry for what happened and said it would take a week to fix (back in December....).

I want my truck and I paid for the work. Looking like small claims court for me.

Your Blazer is sitting in front of his shop on jackstands. It hasn't moved in a while.

I went to talk to him last week about an NV4500 and he tried his best to convince me it would work for me when I knew full well it wouldn't. He's just not a people person. He can build badass rigs, but not for me.

I have nothing against Alex personally, but I don't see eye-to-eye with him on many things.

Back