EXTREME OFFROAD havelock...goldmine in the shadow

jeepercreature said:
Very possiable you could hang with him rockcrawling, but in the mud, you would not be able to go where he goes. Just not enough to get through 60" deep holes. Hey, to be honest I would rather have a buggy than a 14 foot truck but I guess he does not.

fair enough. no mud for me:).

pheery said:
fair enough. no mud for me:).

:D Hey, Me NEITHER!!!
I am having to replace all seals and bearings on my sheet and am not looking forward to it.

His trucks drive right over a ramp to the end no matter what, but the wheelbase is long. He really is a good guy.

As for not paying bills, I dont think that is true. He is very very big on paying bills and he has enough work to last a year to cash flow does not look like a problem. Who is the source talking that mess about him not paying bills.

Mr_DIY said:
I was at that place this morning... I had an equipment delivery to next door. I talked to the owner I guess about some tires. hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow with a good price. he's got a 3rd gen yota on a 60/14 combo on 42"'s
it looked like. also some mud whumpin' goodol'boy stuff. seems to be a nice guy though

Yeah, that Yota is nice. It ramped about 1250 if I remember correctly. Pretty much drove it right off the ramp in 2wheeldrive. It is nice. He use to have a great looking scrambler but it is now in peices, that ramped 1300 too.

Alex is a good guy, he really takes care of the people that take care of him. He does have quite the collection of tires too. If I had to bet I would say he has more parts, tires, axles, gears, lockers, and everything else than anyone else in the area. He has just been doing it for so long. He use to have a shop in New Jersey but moved down here for personal reasons. He is right near the base so being a business person he targets them. If he was near URE or Tellico he would probably do a lot more work on that type of rig. Nevertheless he does know how to build just about anything. I am trying to get him to build a buggy.....

Talked to Alex, the Aaron Jolly guy is not telling someone the whole story. First he did not pay in full to have all the work done. Al said if he is the guy that had a Zuk using yota axles there is a lot more to the story. I will talk to him tonignt about the details.

jeepercreature said:
Talked to Alex, the Aaron Jolly guy is not telling someone the whole story. First he did not pay in full to have all the work done. Al said if he is the guy that had a Zuk using yota axles there is a lot more to the story. I will talk to him tonignt about the details. He also said the guys frame was rusted and he never did decide on what gears.

Also said he would never recommend putting a 12inch lift on something with IFS. He said 6inch supspension and 3 inch body max.

WWW.EXTREMEOFFROAD1.COM

WWW.EXTREMEOFFROAD-NC.COM

HERE ARE TWO OF HIS OLD WEBSITES. YOU WILL SEE A COUPLE OF HIS RIGS RAMPING AND FLEXING.

He wanted to let you know that all of this is in 2 wheel drive with tires at normal PSI. He does not build trucks that have to be trailered but trucks that could trailer your trail rig with 10,000 more lbs added and then go places your cant on the trail.

His comments on the 60 with 52's,

It was only built for show. the customer wants show and not go.

pheery said:
did you build these websites?
NO! I dont built sites like that. I am no web master but I know basic HTML. These website were built from customers that got free work and built crappy sites. I am probably going to start from scratch and build him one.

I've called twice and no response. he says he is waiting on the tire supplier to quote him a price. I'm still happy but it has been 2 days? I am just impatient.

1250 is nice on the ramp

Mr_DIY said:
I've called twice and no response. he says he is waiting on the tire supplier to quote him a price. I'm still happy but it has been 2 days? I am just impatient.
1250 is nice on the ramp
yeah but 1250 backward in two wheel drive is better. Most his of his personal rigs do it with no problem. Cant argue with facts

extreme

Well seems I need to respond to alot of things being said about me on here and I normally don't say anything due to the fact you can't please everyone.I try to help people out and don't throw they out if there views are different then mind; that is why we live in America.I'm sorry that I'm a mom and pop style shop and can't always jump to the phone. I always try to call people back and even have log books so it reminds me so if they call back again I can refer back and try to help quicker. I deal with alot of phone and customers during the day and lonely wish some could live in my shoes for a while. I get back and try to never leave a customer out in the cold. I even call customers back that don't leave messages and ask them if I can help.I do n't do what some shops do and tell them to leave if they don't buy my part nor agree with all my views. I will try to tell a customer that I don't believe in something they want to do , though.
First thing is that I do try to inform my customer on parts and if they are junk I don't recommend them. I never nor would never recommend a whiplash kit of any sort. I install alot of parts that customers want and over the years I found even when a customer brings their own parts in the will still blame you for the problems.
AS fro the reliable source that I don't pay my bills that is a load of crap . I pay my bills and have problems with some people not paying theirs.My bank nor supplies care nothing about what happen with the customers and just get there money.So lets see someone pay between 3800 and 4500 just to keep the power and doors open and not worry about money?
AS for the 52s on a dana 60 not true. The first thing is that this is a 2 wheel drive truck that is being turned into a 4wheel and going to be used for promotion of a business. As a matter of fact he wanted to see if the 52s would fit and we tried them so he could see. He is actually running 47s and has no majors plans to run the truck for a while and then was going to buy 49 irocs.
I Also have a couple of trucks that run dana 60s which are far from stock and handle 49s al day long. I drive my trucks and have no problem driving and then wheeling and then driving back home. I run my stuff at uwharrie and tellico and have tows others out of both woods and trails. I usually get jaw drops when I used to pull my blazer with my flatbed running either 44s or 49s and then wheeled the flatbed the same day. If you ever see my trucks on ramps you can see what I make works and that i try to build it so you can have fun in any situation.most of the time I never even air down the tires nor lock it in to drive up the ramp. I have built crazy stuff as well but down here it never seems to pay the bills.
I also realize that not everyone is going to like the cars I do it because I redesign the whole supsension and get them to work and at the same time get paid to do it. Believe you me if you saw some of the shit they rig you wouldn't drive near them at all.
I realize that alot of you guys see my huge rigs and think they won't work on the rocks. Which looks can be false. Seems back a time when I run top truck and my friend ran top truck we had big rigs that everyone thought to only be good in mud. This was before alot of people run long springs and huge 1410 ujoints and simple setups that worked. Funny how I won the mini rubicon with not alot of experience of rocks and at nite; and the closest competitor was 4 minutes behind. I also set a record for the tank trap that year for 6 minutes and 48 seconds without winching . So I believe I can handle alot of trails. The only problem I have is when I try to do a trail run I get discouraged look for even bringing my stuff out . Saying its too big or that isn't what we want here so it makes it no fun for me to be out. Believe it or not I do enjoy rockcrawlering but I grew up with mostly cranberry bogs and pinebarrens so used to that more.
I for building only high powered stuff that is the far from true. I build half my stuff with low powered broad power range so you can be off and on the throttle. I have a ccuv 1 ton with a diesel that runs 44s and does very well. I built several toyotas running stock power plants and they all do fine and some believe they aren't toyota motors. I believe most of the time there is a balance between power and contact on the ground that helps things get done.
Once again I realize I can never please everyone and I have gone through some ups and downs but I try and help others out . I never say it is my why or the highway unless safety is involved. thanks Alex Christianson Extreme Offroad:confused:

As for rockwells over dana 60s that isn't always true. I have video of plenty of trucks with rockwells breaking from up north where we used to get them for cheap. they have their points and weaknesses as well as every axle. I would never run a pinion brake as the braking system and stresses both the ring and pinion and axleshafts. I have seen that alot up north. I have a 4 wheel disc bark system on the ones I'm working on. the other problem is when we used to put lockers in the front and really turn the tires either the locker or axle broke so a lot stop runnig lockers in front. As for the weight that can be great sometimes but also a big problem in swamps the average weight over a set of 1 tons is close too 900 lbs.Plus if you build a set of 1tons right with chrom moly axles and the right stuff it holds up just as well.Also the state in which I came from the only way you could drive with rockwells on the street was with brakes at wheels and a reconstructed vehicle tag. Thanks and hope that clears some things up

I was at alex's shop today real early (before they opened) and then he called me back to give me my tire quotes... turns out he called me TWICE yesterday and got my answering machine that is malfunctioning so I don't get my messages.

He then took 20 minutes out of his day simply talking to me and explaining his business, values, and opinions. turns out he is a good guy and very capable. I have seen several of his rigs up close and they are cool. not your typical rig, but that is what makes them his and not everybody else's.

just thought I'd clear up my .02 of confusion from yesterday. btw his prices on tires were VERY competitive and I hope some of ya'll will give him a shout when you need something.

Great Guy and I will do business with him. ;)

Mr_DIY said:
I was at alex's shop today real early (before they opened) and then he called me back to give me my tire quotes... turns out he called me TWICE yesterday and got my answering machine that is malfunctioning so I don't get my messages.
He then took 20 minutes out of his day simply talking to me and explaining his business, values, and opinions. turns out he is a good guy and very capable. I have seen several of his rigs up close and they are cool. not your typical rig, but that is what makes them his and not everybody else's.
just thought I'd clear up my .02 of confusion from yesterday. btw his prices on tires were VERY competitive and I hope some of ya'll will give him a shout when you need something.
Great Guy and I will do business with him. ;)

Hey thanks for explaining all that, it shows what type of person you are. Thanks
:D

I don't know Alex and have never done business with EXTREME OFF ROAD.
I will not say anything good or bad becuase I dont have 1st hand experience.

Now Jeepercreature: Please take a few minutes and read all your posts in this thread. You are not doing Alex any favors. In this thread you say how great Extreme is because they regularly grenade D60s then 1 page latr say he never breaks stuff must be because he uses good parts...
WTF I Am CONFUSED

Does he regularly break stuff or does he never break his quality parts, CAN'T HAVE BOTH!!!

As for Alex in the TTC I have all the vids, and from waht I remember his rig looks very capable.
As a business man I do not fault him for taking any work (dubs on caprices) as we all have to "feed our families"
Anyway sounds liek a decent guy with an asshat for a PR rep....

you're welcome jeepercreature. I am just being honest and recanting on my previous ignorance.

good luck alex and to all a good night :lol:

ShyHiK5 said:
I don't know Alex and have never done business with EXTREME OFF ROAD.
I will not say anything good or bad becuase I dont have 1st hand experience.
Now Jeepercreature: Please take a few minutes and read all your posts in this thread. You are not doing Alex any favors. In this thread you say how great Extreme is because they regularly grenade D60s then 1 page latr say he never breaks stuff must be because he uses good parts...
WTF I Am CONFUSED
Does he regularly break stuff or does he never break his quality parts, CAN'T HAVE BOTH!!!
As for Alex in the TTC I have all the vids, and from waht I remember his rig looks very capable.
As a business man I do not fault him for taking any work (dubs on caprices) as we all have to "feed our families"
Anyway sounds liek a decent guy with an asshat for a PR rep....

when I talk about the parts not breaking I am referring to the parts he fabs. brackets, mounts, skidplates, etc. Parts that he buys, the same parts everyone else buys, are different. It is something to be said when a detroit for a 14 bolt is the weak link. I did not mean they break everytime out, just that he does explode detroits because of the high horsepower. Talking with him he normally only breaks stuff while helpping someone in the mud.

FYI: please quote where I said he gernades d60s

by the way, I am no PR rep....but when I see someone I know being bashed with lies I will speak up. I am not a frukkkin Panzy Asz like most of web wheelers that are scared to ruin there online name. I can care less, got way more important things to focus on. :flipoff2:

Back