EDC folding knives

What is it with Kershaw Leeks?

I lost one driving home naked around 2005/2006. Found it a few years later when I pulled the jeep seats to bedline the interior.

Tossed it in a box with some others and actually sold it two years ago to a work buddy for $20 after we were swapping Jeep stories.
Not going to ask where you were carrying said knife while driving naked.

I've carried this Kershaw for a few years now
I liked it. So much so that when I "misplaced" it I ordered another one exactly like it.

IMG_20231201_141751303.jpg

But now the clip keeps working loose and the holes aren't as tight 🤔

So time to upgrade

IMG_20231201_141843214.jpg

Just watch your guns around the knife. Would hate for them to destroy them
Jealous MFs

I keep them separated most of the time. If they're ever close I keep my eyes on them to be sure there's no bullying

I everyday carry a Leatherman Wingman, not exactly a pocket knife but I'll be damned if I don't use it everyday for something.
I had a nice Kershaw knife I found at work and claimed, but my wife took a shine to it and liberated it from my truck's center console to keep in her car.
Love the Kershaw, definitely think I'm going to pick up another one or two like it to keep in my trucks.

Ever since this thread I’ve had at least one situation a week where I’ve thought “man that little flashlight would be really nice right now”

So anyway screw you guys
View attachment 411144
Welcome to the club. You've made the right choice.
IMG_2103.jpeg

I've been eyeballing two companies lately for my next purchase.

TOOR KNIVES

RMJ TACTICAL

They've got some super cool stuff. It ain't cheap, by any means. But it's dang nice. And I've really been in the mood to start carrying a fixed blade with my gat. (Gotta balance out the belt. :) )

Also MADE IN USA. (I checked this time!)

I've been eyeballing two companies lately for my next purchase.

They've got some super cool stuff. It ain't cheap, by any means. But it's dang nice. And I've really been in the mood to start carrying a fixed blade with my gat. (Gotta balance out the belt. :) )

Also MADE IN USA. (I checked this time!)

Check out Winkler. Made in NC and they’re awesome. As is it’s hard to even consider buying other stuff after having one. They recently opened up a storefront just outside of Boone too. Daniel Winkler made the knives/tomahawks for “Last of the Mohicans”.

Dauntless MFG makes some super nice stuff here in NC as well.
43C7C804-8167-4DB4-896F-58C8524947C4.jpeg
72036037258__FD919C7E-BF4A-4919-8964-D455FD3B0E17.jpeg
IMG_6281.jpeg

What other made in NC knives are out there?
Rmj, Nicholas Nichols, Microtech, Primitive Woodsman off the top of my head. Primitive Bear Knives is in SC but he’s from Mooresville if that counts. There’s some other custom makers around but I can’t remember them right now. UsMadeBlade in Salisbury and Ridgerunner Blades (part of Duncan’s Guns) in Wilkesboro are pretty good places that carry some local NC stuff and are awesome if you’ve got questions.

I actually have a browser open for Winklers Knives.

I like them and I've visited his Winkler Knives Actual. (And have a tshirt and coffee mug to prove it!)

But dang. Expensive. Although I think the military discount is like 20% off which makes it somewhat affordable.

But I don't want a wood grip. That's the only thing that drives me towards these other companies.

Got to go the the spyderco factory a few years ago while a couple friends and I were in Denver. Talking to one of the ladies at the show room counter about knives and such and was like she knows her shit. Turns out she was the owner. Her and her husband started back when and she just happened to be there that day. She ended up giving us a tour of the factory and even showed us all the patents and stuff like that. Was super cool. As we were leaving she said she had one more thing for us and handed each of us one of the blanks they used for the handle inlays of the 9/11 commemorative knives. It was actual steel from the towers. I’ll be a customer for life.

IMG_0915.jpeg
IMG_0917.jpeg
IMG_0916.jpeg
IMG_2437.jpeg

image.jpg

Trusty endura 4 and the civilian.

Rmj, Nicholas Nichols, Microtech, Primitive Woodsman off the top of my head. Primitive Bear Knives is in SC but he’s from Mooresville if that counts. There’s some other custom makers around but I can’t remember them right now. UsMadeBlade in Salisbury and Ridgerunner Blades (part of Duncan’s Guns) in Wilkesboro are pretty good places that carry some local NC stuff and are awesome if you’ve got questions.
Wait - micro tech is an NC company?

I actually have a browser open for Winklers Knives.

I like them and I've visited his Winkler Knives Actual. (And have a tshirt and coffee mug to prove it!)

But dang. Expensive. Although I think the military discount is like 20% off which makes it somewhat affordable.

But I don't want a wood grip. That's the only thing that drives me towards these other companies.
They’re worth it.

They’ve got micarta and g10 options too. I’ve got 3. One oak handled Huntsman that I was given as a gift 4 or 5 years ago and I’ve had it on my belt pretty much daily. No issues at all with the knife although I did manage to break a sheath. They replaced it super quick after I dropped it off in the store. I bought a laminate sculpted handle Drop Point Crusher to have while the sheath was getting done 🤣. And then bought a Huntsman with smooth laminate when I went back to get mine. Ended up getting a couple of pocket sheaths for it and I’ve carried it just about every day since. One from Jou Foo leather and the other from Oak City Leatherworks in Raleigh. Both are super nice and with their different clips styles, work with whatever pants I have on.

I think Bruce at Actual told me it’s 25% for military. Tomahawks are still more than I can justify now that I wouldn’t be carrying it on a deployment. I wish I’d had one back when I was cool.

Back