dirty 30 axles for a toyota

I opted to call PSC and talked to Kelvin. He asked which pump it was, then informed me that THEY make/build that particular pump for TG. They said the nub popping off (the thrust plate) happens a lot and offered to repair it for a reasonable price.

PS...THAT PUMP MUST BE HORRIBLE!!! I cant believe you would buy such JUNK!!

I will never buy anything from PSC!! They cant build ANYTHING good!!

:shaking:

/sarcasm :flipoff2:

Longs are made by RCV and now sold by them. I have no idea if bobby is the tech support for them now or not but I doubt it.

Longs are made by RCV and now sold by them. I have no idea if bobby is the tech support for them now or not but I doubt it.

no they arent...where did you get that tidbit of information from? The CVs styles are made by RCV, yes (the D44 and D60 CVs) but the tried and true original toyota Longfield is still made by Bobby.

idk about all this high end stuff yall i dont have big money to spend on a trail rig but i do know u dont have to have all the best money can buy i have a truck all my budes and me built home made 13" lift 10bolt front with 3.08s 12bolt rear welded with 3.08s 4.3 v6 bolted to a 700r4 to a np208 it has 36" tsl's home made cross over steering and i have beat that thing to death and no big problems i can drive right over kodak rock with no problems all i make it look super easy in the blazer i can run right up dainle with out any problems we built that truck for so littel most of yall would sack how did u build it that cheap but i will run with 12,000.00 rigs all day long so im saying im not looking to buy the the tuffest stuff money can buy i need what can git me by for now and thank yall all for yalls help

I don't understand what you are saying here.

i will probably get bashed for this becuase i dont even own a yota but i do believe you said yourself that this tg stuff isn't of the same quality as the others

and i have read several examples of stuff failing on rigs

i will probably get bashed for this becuase i dont even own a yota but i do believe you said yourself that this tg stuff isn't of the same quality as the others

:rolleyes:Yeah, that's the same point I was trying to make. He didn't say all TG products were less quality. He only mentioned the critical parts.

some.

I have said in every post where its been mentioned. SOME of their stuff isnt as high quality as others. But you arent paying for it to be either. SOME of Marlin's stuff isnt the highest quality. SOME of everyones stuff isnt the higest quality.

The majority of TGs parts are the same as everyone elses (armor, tabs, mounts, etc etc), and in some cases better (their shock mounts/knuckle gussets for instance).

They NEVER claim to be the best money can buy. They are the most cost effective and "bang for your buck" toyota supplier out there. This all started about the dirty 30s. They arent as good as longfields (they dont claim to be), but are better than Marlin's cromo option. I wouldnt buy the dirty30s over the longs bc I NEED the best shaft in a toyota. If i was running 35s-36s and wanted to save a buck i would get dirty30s. I wasnt...so i bought the best. If someone said "which spring hanger/link tabs/shackles/whatever do I buy" I would say TG....no better option for your money.

I am just sick of the bandwagon haters that have no facts. If someone needs the best...then get out your wallet and buy the best. I did for the most part on the parts that I deemed necessary...sometimes that was TG, sometimes it wasnt.

The OP obviously doesnt NEED 30spline longs. No way, no how. He is street driving a truck on smaller tires. Why does he need to spend the extra money for a part that he doesnt need? Sure they are the best out there...but if you use that mentality...why isnt everyone running around in $100,000+ buggies? Hey...they use the best parts....everyhting else is dogshit.

oh...and in terms of using this to try and prove the "junkness" of something...reading about someone else on the internet doesnt count (unless it was a FACTUAL test, and not just somebody standing on the skinny in the woods). Stuff breaks. People on the internet usually cant convey the exact happenings of a part breaking. You are taking their word that a part broke becuase it was a lesser part. How do you know another part wouldnt break there? How do you know that part wasnt already fatigued from that person jumping the truck 50 feet the week before and the "better" part was brand new, freshly installed?

My point is this...the TG hatred started a long time ago over some things that have been LONG gone. They have changed and grown into a useful and important member of the wheeling scene. The nut-swinging bashers usually have no truthful ground to stand on other than "i heard a buddy one time say that their stuff is junk" and "my cousins, friends, girlfriends, dog broke that dirty30 in his driveway backing out to go to work"

In reality, some of the parts that TG uses that everyone bashes are built by the same people that build the ones that are sold by other people that for some reason dont suck. Why is that?

Shitty steel from china. That's the difference. To some people it doesn't matter, but to some it does. I won't buy from them not only because of their knock off products they have made over seas but because of the way they came to be. Not to mention their manipulative sales tactics and misleading information on their website.

idk about all this high end stuff yall i dont have big money to spend on a trail rig but i do know u dont have to have all the best money can buy i have a truck all my budes and me built home made 13" lift 10bolt front with 3.08s 12bolt rear welded with 3.08s 4.3 v6 bolted to a 700r4 to a np208 it has 36" tsl's home made cross over steering and i have beat that thing to death and no big problems i can drive right over kodak rock with no problems all i make it look super easy in the blazer i can run right up dainle with out any problems we built that truck for so littel most of yall would sack how did u build it that cheap but i will run with 12,000.00 rigs all day long so im saying im not looking to buy the the tuffest stuff money can buy i need what can git me by for now and thank yall all for yalls help
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yeah okay.I knew they had been doin trail maint at Uwharrie but I didnt know they made it that easy.Since you've conquered everything there you oughta take to harlan and show em how it's done.:rolleyes:

A buddy of mine got all the Trail Gear stuff......a week later he had all PSC stuff. In short the Trail Gear full hydro is the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen. The first thing I noticed was that the steering valve had not one marking on it to show the brand or anything. Some of the things it did(or didn't do) was when you turn the axle to full lock the steering wheel would keep on spinning. Then if you had it at full lock and stomped on the gas the tires would straighten out. He got some vid. of all that I'll try to get it up later. On top of that when he called Trail Gear to see what the deal was they said it was supposed to do that. Needless to say all that crap got boxed back up and sent it back and a PSC kit was on a week later and it works flawlessly. I have the same PSC kit on mine and I couldn't be happier. IMO steer clear of TG. Chinese junk!

guys, dont get me wrong. Im not saying that their stuff is the highest quality out there. But you arent paying highest quality prices, either.I dont buy their tcase stuff...i go to Marlin for that (bc he builds the best). I dont buy their dirty 30s....i go to longfield (bc he builds the best). They dont build the best of the best when it comes to complex parts (and certainly dont claim to either, nor do they charge a price that reflects them building super high quailty stuff), but their "fabrication" parts (shock mounts, link mounts, joints, diff covers, etc etc) are just as good as everyone elses, and cheaper...what makes Marlins diff cover better than trail gears...nothing? I have run their axle rebuild kits in my truck for 2 rough years with no maintenance and NEVER had an issue (and know of LOTS of people that do the same with no issues).
some.
I have said in every post where its been mentioned. SOME of their stuff isnt as high quality as others. But you arent paying for it to be either. SOME of Marlin's stuff isnt the highest quality. SOME of everyones stuff isnt the higest quality.
The majority of TGs parts are the same as everyone elses (armor, tabs, mounts, etc etc), and in some cases better (their shock mounts/knuckle gussets for instance).
They NEVER claim to be the best money can buy. They are the most cost effective and "bang for your buck" toyota supplier out there. This all started about the dirty 30s. They arent as good as longfields (they dont claim to be), but are better than Marlin's cromo option. I wouldnt buy the dirty30s over the longs bc I NEED the best shaft in a toyota. If i was running 35s-36s and wanted to save a buck i would get dirty30s. I wasnt...so i bought the best. If someone said "which spring hanger/link tabs/shackles/whatever do I buy" I would say TG....no better option for your money.
I am just sick of the bandwagon haters that have no facts. If someone needs the best...then get out your wallet and buy the best. I did for the most part on the parts that I deemed necessary...sometimes that was TG, sometimes it wasnt.
The OP obviously doesnt NEED 30spline longs. No way, no how. He is street driving a truck on smaller tires. Why does he need to spend the extra money for a part that he doesnt need? Sure they are the best out there...but if you use that mentality...why isnt everyone running around in $100,000+ buggies? Hey...they use the best parts....everyhting else is dogshit.
oh...and in terms of using this to try and prove the "junkness" of something...reading about someone else on the internet doesnt count (unless it was a FACTUAL test, and not just somebody standing on the skinny in the woods). Stuff breaks. People on the internet usually cant convey the exact happenings of a part breaking. You are taking their word that a part broke becuase it was a lesser part. How do you know another part wouldnt break there? How do you know that part wasnt already fatigued from that person jumping the truck 50 feet the week before and the "better" part was brand new, freshly installed?
My point is this...the TG hatred started a long time ago over some things that have been LONG gone. They have changed and grown into a useful and important member of the wheeling scene. The nut-swinging bashers usually have no truthful ground to stand on other than "i heard a buddy one time say that their stuff is junk" and "my cousins, friends, girlfriends, dog broke that dirty30 in his driveway backing out to go to work"
In reality, some of the parts that TG uses that everyone bashes are built by the same people that build the ones that are sold by other people that for some reason dont suck. Why is that?

um i believe getting stuck on the trail because of a part failure is a "actual test" and why does it matter if they didn't use it in 3 years its supposed to work when they want it to.

and i believe in the post about hydros he said he installed the PSC stuff and it works perfectly so i believe they have been through some of the same spots as when the TG stuff was on there.

im not bashing TG i've never used it i am just stating the fact showed by you saying "there stuff isn't of the highest quality" and other peoples post on how TG stuff has failed on them. even if it is a diff cover it still failed, and they have bought a TG part so they have the right to say TG stuff is crap because they have "tested" it, its still a TG part!

and you saying that the TG stuff isn't the best tells me that i dont want it under my rig because i dont want to have to worry if its gonna hold up.

Shitty steel from china. That's the difference.

aaaaahahahahaha. If you REALLY think there is any noticable strength difference in those two diff covers you have been smoking crack. Is all that tube and metal on your rig certified and you KNOW that its not from overseas?

I won't buy from them not only because of their knock off products they have made over seas but because of the way they came to be.

do you know ANYTHING about the people who run that shop right now? clearly you have NO idea.

Not to mention their manipulative sales tactics and misleading information on their website.

Not even sure where you get that idea from. Their sales tactics are no different than any other shop around. Sorry.

You sure are starting to sound like one of those bandwagoneers.

I have still YET to see ANY tech in this thread showing why their parts are junk. Until that happens...there are a bunch of web wheelers talking about how they think something sucks just because of the price (and some other idiot told them that THEY think it does)...

um i believe getting stuck on the trail because of a part failure is a "actual test" and why does it matter if they didn't use it in 3 years its supposed to work when they want it to.

BC testing an old worn out, beat to shit part against a new one is apples to oranges. You need two new parts in order to truley test something.

and i believe in the post about hydros he said he installed the PSC stuff and it works perfectly so i believe they have been through some of the same spots as when the TG stuff was on there.

On the PSC stuff...

That is NOT how the TG kit is. That was one bad kit. I bought a bad set of ARP studs one time from FROR. Does that mean those two companies suck? How many times have people here bought a mis-built product?

Also as Yager already found out...PSC builds that TG pump. TG cant be to blame for that other than being to one to sell it. (i didnt know this was the case, but either way...)

im not bashing TG i've never used it i am just stating the fact showed by you saying "there stuff isn't of the highest quality" and other peoples post on how TG stuff has failed on them. even if it is a diff cover it still failed, and they have bought a TG part so they have the right to say TG stuff is crap because they have "tested" it, its still a TG part!

No one in this thread has shown where a TG part has failed that others havent (in a repeatable and testable environment). There is NO tech in this thread. The only reponses have been "i saw something break!" and "TG obviously sucks bc they are cheaper"

WHERE IS THE TECH AND PROOF?

and you saying that the TG stuff isn't the best tells me that i dont want it under my rig because i dont want to have to worry if its gonna hold up.

That is fair enough and I can respect that. There are better options for some things out there. Other things however there is no valuable difference (see the diff covers, etc etc) Their shock mounts/knuckle gussets are the best kit available as a ready to weld unit. You cant beat that design. Marlin sure didnt...

On that same note...you better start saving money bc you are going to need A TON of it if you only plan on putting the best of the best under that rig!! :flipoff2:

I guess the best way I can describe my experience with the cheap (price and quality) TG knuckle kit is this.

Allprooffroad and Marlin Crawler knuckle rebuild kits are equal to say Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha ATV's as the TG knuckle rebuild kit is to Northern Tool and Tractor Supply ATV's.

They both look like ATV's, sound like ATV's and ride like ATV's but the Northern Tool and Tractor Supply ATV's will never leave me on the trail because their cheap quality keeps me from buying one.

I never gave the product which I purchased from TG a chance to fail because it appeared to be worthless. I have never seen a bearing of any type that had absolutely no markings what so ever except for the word "China" stamped on them. The felts, wipers and dust shields also looked like an 8th grade art project.

I think most of TG's customer base are folks that are new to wheeling and see the lower price, not knowing there is a difference. In my opinion they have found a niche in market or a group of people to take advantage of.

aaaaahahahahaha. If you REALLY think there is any noticable strength difference in those two diff covers you have been smoking crack. Is all that tube and metal on your rig certified and you KNOW that its not from overseas?

Ok, you asked why it costs more not if one was stronger than the other. So I guess you're the one that needs to lay the pipe down cause I just answered your question. You're the one that that turned that around. I take it you don't do a lot of machining or have to purchase tool bits, huh. There is a clear difference in quality( as well as price) between the tooling you get that's made in the USA and the stuff you get from China. So don't tell me about how there's on difference in the make up of the materials.

do you know ANYTHING about the people who run that shop right now? clearly you have NO idea.

I know how it all started and that's when I closed the door on that.

Not even sure where you get that idea from. Their sales tactics are no different than any other shop around. Sorry.
You sure are starting to sound like one of those bandwagoneers.

When you use terms like "100% DOM" which is clearly BS because DOM is a manufacturing process rather than a type of alloy and "High Pinion differentials are the strongest eight inch differentials that Toyota ever made" with out mentioning in the front only are just a few examples of the trickery they imply to target a certain market.

I have still YET to see ANY tech in this thread showing why their parts are junk. Until that happens...there are a bunch of web wheelers talking about how they think something sucks just because of the price (and some other idiot told them that THEY think it does)...

Here is a thread comparing their "100% DOM" to Marlin's HREW. With FACTS and actual testing Link

Here's a thread from pirate(link) that does a review on their rear axle housing with a ton of pics(start at post 117), but if you don't bother to see for your self I'll go ahead post a couple....

Note the holes in the flange..
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_75f3608564e3a75ac46168c75e79db6a._.jpg

Here's a good one. How well do you think that would seal...
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_65ab37654bd721767ee63b045ca3f680._.jpg

Would you like more?

damn trail-gear haters took me like 15 minutes to get threw this thread about 30 spline axles.

The dirty 30's are pretty sweet. there cheap there strong and there in stock at East Coast. :flipoff2: well warranty them though we have never had to warranty any and know of only one first hand failure a employee of trail-gear. Bobby does not make his 30 spline axles that would require a full scale machine shop that he does not have. there are 2 manufacturers capable of making the 30 spliners to the point that they can do it cheap enough to make money ala there in the cage and ball business that i know of. I know where TG gets theres and they make good stuff.

They made me rather mad when I did some dealing with them last year. I bought a steering box brace kit and then didn't need it. I did however want to buy something else from them. I talked with the sales person on the phone and they told me that they would wave the restocking fee since I just wanted "store credit" and I hadn't opened the box. I shipped the brace back to them and they told me they couldn't process anything until it arrived.....I didn't mind "even though I was in a rush". They told me they would keep an eye out and call me when they received it. I waited two weeks before I called....then I called back on the 3rd week. USPS confirmed delivery but Trail gear "didn't know" if they received it or not. They once again told me they would call when they did the new inventory. Days went by and I called back pissed off and I asked the sales person to personally walk back and check for it. Sure enough...it was there. I placed and order with the same person for a set of perches and they told me they knew nothing about not having a restocking fee on the brace.....I bitched and tried to fight it but it did no good. I lost my ass on the brace after I paid to have it shipped...then shipped it back...then paid the restocking fee.

I will never buy from Trail-Mart again.

not to throw salt in the wound but both items your talking about we stock next day shipping and we would have taken on return. both of those also good cheap products

Ok, you asked why it costs more not if one was stronger than the other. So I guess you're the one that needs to lay the pipe down cause I just answered your question. You're the one that that turned that around. I take it you don't do a lot of machining or have to purchase tool bits, huh. There is a clear difference in quality( as well as price) between the tooling you get that's made in the USA and the stuff you get from China. So don't tell me about how there's on difference in the make up of the materials.

I know the difference between "cheap" metal and good metal. Ive worked with plenty of metal. I'm saying that it is absurd to say that you think one of those diff covers isn't going to protect your axle and the other one will. Would you like me to take a picture of my diff cover and show you how well its done its job? Tooling is a whole different story. There is A LOT more to making tooling than bending a plate with a press and welding it up.

I know how it all started and that's when I closed the door on that.

Well that's pretty ignorant. It is an entirely different organization now.

When you use terms like "100% DOM" which is clearly BS because DOM is a manufacturing process rather than a type of alloy and "High Pinion differentials are the strongest eight inch differentials that Toyota ever made" with out mentioning in the front only are just a few examples of the trickery they imply to target a certain market.

No its not, its smart. They aren't going to sit there and explain the differences between metal types and where to use differentials in a simple ad for something. They market their parts pretty well...they know that the average consumer that they have is one that probably either A) knows what they want already or B) has no idea about diff types, and don't really care either...You don't have pages and pages worth of attention span for a customer to catch a sell. You have a few sentences...they explain their stuff pretty well compared to some other companies out there.

Here is a thread comparing their "100% DOM" to Marlin's HREW. With FACTS and actual testing Link

Here's a thread from pirate(link) that does a review on their rear axle housing with a ton of pics(start at post 117), but if you don't bother to see for your self I'll go ahead post a couple....

Note the holes in the flange..
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_75f3608564e3a75ac46168c75e79db6a._.jpg

Here's a good one. How well do you think that would seal...
attachment.php

Would you like more?

FINALLY someone brings some tech into this thread instead of worthless smoke blowing.

The housing that 4RnrRick had on pirate originally was one of the first few that came out. the newer production units are all built way better now. They look far better than those first few units that came out. Would you like me to take pictures of one sitting on the floor in a shop for you to see the more refined model?

Back