Diesel

anvilrubi

You're on vacation pull up to the diesel pump 4 of them in line you stick you're card in begin pumping your fuel, the nozzle clicks its full that's when you see red fuel, you look down and there's a sticker about the size of a stick of gum at the bottom of the pump. What do you do? Do you run it? Call somebody to tow your truck away to get it drained? What are your thoughts?

Throw a couple quarts of ATF in the toolbox. On the small chance you do get stopped you have at least some type of explanation. I heard of a guy that said he ran dyed fuel exclusively for 10 years and that was his excuse for the color.

From what I've been told, the strips they use won't react to ATF in the fuel. I don't know that for sure, but I've also never heard of anyone being dipped around here.

With that being said....

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Old dude I met once had one of those fuel tank toolboxes like farmers and construction guys have. He had it plumbed in to this fuel system with ball valves under the truck. He kept a quarter tank of good diesel in the truck tank and ran off the toolbox tank. He said he'd been doing it for years :lol:

Not sure where iwannahoe NC is, but here in Charlotte, good luck even finding non-hwy diesel. Never been stopped for a fuel check.

The off road/on road diesel usage around Ivanhoe is around 10/1 if I had to guess. Nothing down there but humongous fields :lol:

One things for sure it runs dang good.
Isn't the fuel exactly the same? At least during summer.
Only difference is lack of tax.

I have been dipped 3x within a mile from where I used to live.

Other than that I have nothing to add. I'm sure the tank is almost empty by now!

*obligatory disclaimer....

Please do not do anything illegal. I certainly wouldn't want myself or anyone else to be caught up in an accessory to commit tax fraud legal battle. :D

Back